Sally Peers - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #451
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
How would Hadzic & Bains beat Peers??
Bains only won 4 matches on ITF Circuit, 3 of which were in qualifying of Aussie $25k!
Hadzic has never gone further than QF in an Aussie $25K, only top 500 wins have been over Sally.
Even with a bad year Sally still had a few top 300 wins, and she's proven she's capable of beating players ranked 120-250.
You answered your own question?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #452
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
You answered your own question?

Anyway I'm sure she'll get one. She's proven she can beat top 100 players and still ranked higher than most of the other potential recipients. I think she'll turn it around eventually this year.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #453
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

LOL I mean in beat Peers in selection for AO QWC. Just because you have an edge over one player doesn't mean you are a better player, if we used that logic Peers would've got a MD WC over Rogowska since she's won 100% of their matches including US Open
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #454
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, this discussion is useless because she will get one I'll be shocked if she didn't.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #455
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

I would be too. But if TA believes that by offering w/c's to 14 y/o's will fast-track their development then she's in trouble.

Without seeing the match, I believe her serve is still giving her trouble She can't seem to hold serve with any authority. And consdiering she really does nothing more than try and get the ball in play, this is a worry.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #456
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Sally just got smashed 6-0 6-0 by Mitu. She won just 4 points in the 1st set!
Highly embarrasing stuff, the worst performance I've seen by an Aussie on the big stage since Isabella Holland at Sydney vs Dokic.
Sally needs to do a hell of a lot more work on her game & her fitness.
To me she looked a little out of shape & slow. Her groundstrokes have gone to average club player level, with the majority of them being loopy shots landing on the service line & being target practice for Mitu.
Until Sally shows some obvious signs of improvement, I don't think she should ever receive a singles wc above the $25k level again.
Ash Barty needs to ditch her as a doubles partner & find someone better too.
Probably sounds harsh, but that's what she deserves!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #457
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Time to give up....
Sad to see her flounder so bad.
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #458
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy how she went from such a solid player to this. She was actually quite a decent counter puncher.

I'm guessing she was told to change her game from the great coaches at TA as they took some interest in her results. Just as she was getting comfortable with it, then just lost all her confidence.

Hopefully this is a wake up call of some sort.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #459
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #460
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Wow Sally all time new low.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #461
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Never seen Sally play so bad, she was playing so passive, like she was scared to hit the ball. No confidence whatsoever. She looked mentally tired too. I think she needs some time out from tennis.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #462
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to see ANYONE in a situation like this. To have progressed steadily as a teenager and achieved so much at a young age, then slumped to this two years after qualifying for a Grand Slam on your own.

If it is true that she was "coached" into changing her game, then that's really sad. She needs to work on her strengths, and made them bigger and more dangerous, rather than trying to correct the weaknesses.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #463
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
Sally needs to do a hell of a lot more work on her game & her fitness.
To me she looked a little out of shape & slow. Her groundstrokes have gone to average club player level, with the majority of them being loopy shots landing on the service line & being target practice for Mitu.
I agree, and though she's always carried a litle weight, her foot work as always been OK to cover it. But she was so easily wrong footed it was embarrassing.

Only positive - I thought her serve was a bit more reliable and some shape to it. The rest... ugh
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #464
country flag sharapovafrench

sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice sharapovafrench is just really nice

Sally Peers during her first round match with Cristina Mitu on Show Court 3. Thursday, 10 January, 2013. © Jason Lockett

sharapovafrench is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #465
country flag TS

Sally has withdrawn from $25K Burnie, which starts in a couple of weeks.

Smart move.