Sally Peers - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #31
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers' Fan Squad!!

Bump!

16th International Junior Tournament Citta' Di Prato 2008
Grade 2, Girls Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Sally Peers, seeded 5

1st Round: defeated Kim-Alena TWELKER (GER) (LL) 6-3 4-6 7-5
2nd Round: defeated Zsofia MIKO (HUN) 6-4 6-3
Quarter Finals: versus Yana BUCHINA (RUS) (2)

She won't win her quarter, but good effort after a few months out (I think injured) and she's made a quarter final in her first tournament back
She is only the entry list for a 25k in Galatina, Italy coming up in a couple of weeks.
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #32
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Sally, hopefully she can make progress in the 25ks.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #33
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

QUARTER FINALS
Sally Peers (AUS) (5) lost to Yana BUCHINA (RUS) (2) 4-6 3-6

Improvement They played last year and Sally only got 4 games...

In doubles semi finalz w/Bella
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #34
country flag OZTENNIS

She and Isabella won the doubles title ^^^^

She played the 49th Trofeo Bonfiglio this week, but lost in the first round to a Croat 4-6 6-3 7-6(4)

Once again, playing doubles with Bella...

She next week plays in Junior Roland Garros qualifying OR 25k Galatina qualifying...I would prefer her to play in

Week of May 26th
French Open Junior Championships - QD...#17

Week of June 2nd
French Open Junior Championships - Attempting to qualify

Week of June 9th
$US25 000 Campobasso ITF Women's Circuit Event - ALT #32 PRIORITY 2
$US75 000 + H Marseille ITF Women's Circuit Event - ALT#47 PRIORITY 1
$US10 000 Lenzerheide ITF Women's Circuit Event - QD#4 PRIORITY 3

Week of 16th June
???

Week of 23rd June
Roehampton ITF Junior Championships - MD#41

Last edited by OZTENNIS : May 25th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:56 AM   #35
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Go Sally!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #36
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally Peers and Isabella Holland last night won into the semi finals of the doubles event at the 49th Trofeo Bonfiglio Italian Open International Junior Championships. The Aussie duo won against an unseeded pair 6-2 6-4 to make the last four. Earlier, Holland and Peers upset the 6th seeds 6-2 6-2 and in the first round overcame Simona Halep and her Romanian partner, so all in all, another impressive doubles tournament from the girls!!!

They play another unseeded team tonight in the semi finals, so here's hoping for a spot in the final

Sally should go to No.70 on the junior rankings on the back of this performance alone...

GOOD LUCK
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #37
country flag OZTENNIS

Fox Sports just had an 'ask the fans' segment on who will win the women's title...and Sally (who looked like she was on the way to the practice court) has tipped Serena Williams...
Interesting to see how she goes
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #38
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that and I was like...hey that looks like Sally...and she has an Australian accent! I was waiting for Nicole to make a comment about it being her. Sally looked like she was in a hurry to get away.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #39
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally lost in the first round of the 10k in Switzerland to Josanne Van Bennekom 1-6 6-4 6-1...disappointing loss.
But she and Bella are into the semi finals of the doubles after upsetting the third seeds

Hopefully they can do well here and then get onto the grass and ready for Junior Wimbledon...
Then she should concentrate on the ITF's and maybe be top 600/650 by the end of the year
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #40
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Did Sally lose in the qualifying tournament of the Juniors? I can't seem to see her name anywhere.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #41
country flag OZTENNIS

Yes, Sally lost in the first round of the girls qualifying in two tiebreakers to a Canadian girl
But she and Bella made the final of the doubles and lost to Polona Hercog and Jessica Moore 6-3 1-6 6-2
Great week in doubles
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #42
country flag OZTENNIS

$US25 000 Rockhampton ITF Women's Circuit Event - Rockhampton, Australia
Women's Singles, Qualifying Draw of 64
Representing Australia, Sally Peers, seeded 1

R1: BYE
R2: defeated Kate ANTOSIK (AUS) 6-1 6-0
R3: defeated Ashling SUMNER (AUS) 6-2 6-0

Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Sally Peers, unseeded qualifier

R1: versus Michaela JOHANSSON (SWE)

Good week so far for Sally, and I hope she can beat Johansson again. She beat her in the AMT last week 6-2 2-6 11-9, so fingers crossed for another win
Good luck

***EDIT***
R1: Peers (AUS) defeated Johansson (SWE) (8/#438) 6-2 6-2
R2: Peers (AUS) defeated Wlodarczak (AUS) (#671) 6-0 2-1 ret inj
QF: Jones (NZL) (4/#313) defeated Peers (AUS) 6-4 6-7 6-4

Great week for Sally and with that she will rise to around 583 on the new rankings, becoming the fourth highest ranked Aussie junior

Last edited by OZTENNIS : Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #43
country flag OZTENNIS

$US25 000 Kawana ITF Women's Circuit Event - Kawana, Australia
Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Sally Peers, unseeded

R1: defeated Nicole KRIZ (AUS) (6/#355) 0-6 6-0 6-4
R2: defeated Robin STEPHENSON (USA) (#502) 2-6 6-0 6-3
QF: lost to Yi-Miao ZHOU (CHN) (4/#288) 6-3 6-2

Apparently Krizzy injured herself in this one. Explains the weird scoreline. So unlucky for Kriz, but a lucky break for Sally, who now has a good shot at making her third 25k quarter final for the season. Stephenson beat Rogowska in 3 last week, so this one can go either way. Looks promising for Sally, however, because Stephenson was taken to 3 sets by Letcher in the opening round. Regardless of the result, Sally is guaranteed a career high ranking of at least 537 if she loses. If she wins, she will move within striking distance of the top 500

***EDIT***
I'm getting a little tired of Yi Miao churning up our juniors Sally, I don't think, would have had enough power to live with Yi-Miao. Like Bai, she would have fought hard and given 200%, but when Zhou is playing well, only the really strong and consistent players can beat her. Seeing as Isabella is taller and stronger than Peers, Bai and Zhou, hopefully she can give it a crack.
Brilliant week, again, for Sally she is now up to around 519 in the rankings. The top 500 draws ever closer
And she still has a host of wildcard opportunities up her sleeve

Last edited by OZTENNIS : Sep 19th, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #44
country flag OZTENNIS

A couple of weeks ago, Sally was ranked just inside the top 700. Now she is on the verge of the top 500 after back to back 25k quarter finals in Queensland. She is sitting at a career high World No.518, which makes her No.13 in Australia and No.2 in Victoria
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #45
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Saw a little bit of Peers, but more of Bai and Starr. Sally has the greater wraps than the other two yeah??