America's New Sweetheart Alison Riske! - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #1501
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future
Re: America's New Sweetheart Alison Riske!

ALISON!!!!!!!
So happy for her, this is such a great result!!

Did someone say she is working with Tom Gullickson now? or did I make that up??..lol
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #1502
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Go Ali!

Tennis rarely gets a mention in Pgh radio sports station, but her Wimbledon results are getting airtime for sure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #1503
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Her ESPN interview!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1504
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere we can eatch that interview?
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1505
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure. I just watched it Live on ESPN.

Next up vs Kaia Kanepi. GL Ali!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #1506
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Really happy for Ali! 3R is so deserved!

Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=WYbVeSoiv2Y

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske

Last edited by Material World : Jun 28th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #1507
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

She was driving me crazy with those returns, but a great match otherwise. Glad to see her make it at this level, and make such good use of her wildcard. Way to go, Ali
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1508
country flag Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all

Congrats to Alison Will try to watch the match later.

Alison Riske Is Still Tied To Her Baby Blanket: http://www.tennishorts.com/alison-ri...-baby-blanket/

Quote:
By Sandra Harwitt

At nearly 23 — her birthday is next Wednesday — one would think that Alison Riske would be over the security blanket phase of her life.

But the American, who moved into the Wimbledon third round on Friday via a tough 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 win over Urszula Radwanska, thinks you’re never to old to have your blankie nearby.

“Yes, it’s very true,” said Riske, not thinking it very risky to admit to traveling with such a crutch as your baby blanket. “It’s not exactly considered — a rag is being generous, actually because it’s like — you hold it like this and it just sits right here (This is where Riske showed the palm of her hand).

“It goes everywhere,” she added, of the blanket that she estimates was once was 4’ by 4’ and in its heyday could easily wrap around her as a baby bunting.

When it was suggested that she’s just like “Linus,” the character from the Peanuts cartoon that dragged his blanket everywhere he went, she didn’t disagree: “Exactly, just like Linus. I never heard that before, but it’s true.”

Describing the blanket as now being a “very faded musky green, like dirty looking color,” let’s just say it didn’t conjure up visions of he once being snuggled in it, nor as something that would still be treasured over a generation later. But value is in the eye of the beholder.

Presumably, the good news is that Riske at least doesn’t risk taking the remnants of her beloved blanket on court with her while playing. Couldn’t you just see it now — racket in one hand, blankie in the other, neatly tucked into her fisted palm.

While the blanket might still make Riske feel safe as a child, her tennis game is maturing into adulthood right before our very eyes at this Wimbledon.

The 126th-ranked Riske had never before won a match in five played at a Grand Slam tournament. And now she’s into the third round at Wimbledon after reaching the semifinals at Birmingham as a qualifier the week of June 10th. It was that performance at Birmingham that led to Riske being awarded a wildcard here at Wimbledon.

Clearly, grass is Riske’s kind of surface like a blanket is her kind of companion.

“I think ultimately it’s a mental thing,” said Riske, of her success on the grass. “I think now I’m going to be able to hopefully get past that. If I can play like that here, I feel like I should be able to play like that anywhere. I just feel like the grass suits my game. I feel comfortable on it. I love moving forward, being aggressive. But I hope to translate the results from grass on to other surfaces.”

Riske also feels like having the company of a number of the other American women who are doing well is a positive.
“I think it’s wonderful,” Riske said. “I feel like now we have so many players….It’s wonderful to see your friends doing well. We have a support system with each other.”

That might be the case, but be assured that Riske isn’t about to share the support of her baby blanket with anyone. That weapon belongs to her exclusively. And if her description of it is accurate — there’s no point in thinking it’s not — one would imagine her friends would just as well leave the “musky green” threads to their rightful owner.
Day Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1509
country flag Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all Day Dreamer is a name known to all

Riske Rewarded with Satisfying Victory at Wimbledon: http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Riske-....nrs8E7sJ.dpuf
Day Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #1510
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Ali!!
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #1511
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Go Ali!

Tennis rarely gets a mention in Pgh radio sports station, but her Wimbledon results are getting airtime for sure.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
That's so cool! Well done Pa Girl!

Now GL against Kaia Can't wait to watch it later today
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1512

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

The bad news is that Ali lost the 1st set 6/2. The good news is that she just held to go up 3-1 in the 2nd
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1513
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Loses 6-2 6-3 . Looked a bit flat but to be honest, overall she was simply outhit by Kaia.

Happy that Alison had a good tournament, justified the WC and hopefully now she can take this form onto hardcourts.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1514

Ali just lost 6/3 in the 2nd I jinxed her

Btw...After this weeks run, Ali will move up to a CHR of #102 in the world It looks like she won't need a MD WC for this years USO
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #1515
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Alison Great week for her and huge number of points from grass season. Hope she can break TOP 100 after some next tournaments