Andreea Mitu - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #526
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Andreea Mitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I watched a little a bit of her match yesterday since I remembered her last year's effort against Fichman and was quite surprised she took out Kumkhum the day before. I knew she stood a chance against Falconi who has no business being in Wimbledon Main Draw IMO.
I joined early in the 2nd set when she went ahead with a flurry of winners. She seemed to control much of the rallies, hitting winners left and right past Falconi. In one game (I think it was when Falconi held for *3-4 in the 2nd) she came back to 30-40 on her opponent's serve and missed an easy putaway which would've bring them back to deuce. Falconi held and it seemed to have rattled Andreea as she got broken with some silly mistakes and let Falconi into the match. Later on Kania did exactly the same against Rogers - failing to extend the lead over the opponent who was down and out. I left at 5 all and rejoined at 0-2 in the 3rd. It was a tight game but Andreea refocused and after breaking back she seemed to regain her confidence. The result was really never in doubt, her game was too big for Falconi whose weight of shots or lack of thereof put her in huge disadvantage against any decent player.
Shame she has to face Aga in the 1st round as I would have liked her to win a match against a lower ranked player and get some important ranking points. She might challenge Aga for a couple of games but I don't trust she has it mentally to actually beat a top player. I wish her all the best in the future nevertheless.
Thanks a lot for the review, Dexter! I share your opinion that she could have won a match had she been more lucky with the draw. Hopefully better draws will come for Andreea in the future
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #527
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

So unlucky. But yeah, hoping to see her play and take at least a few games off Aga.

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #528
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with everything said before
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM   #529
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Playing the last match on Court 2 tomorrow. Hope she enjoys the experience

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score...ule/index.html

Gentlemen's Singles - First round
Victor Hanescu (ROU)v Tomas Berdych (CZE) [6]
Ladies' Singles - First round
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) v Venus Williams (USA) [30]
Gentlemen's Singles - First round
Andrey Kuznetsov (RUS) v Daniel Evans (GBR)
Andreea Mitu (ROU)v Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) [4]
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM   #530
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Bold Prediction: She will win more games than Hanescu in a best of 5 match.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:50 PM   #531
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Bold Prediction: She will win more games than Hanescu in a best of 5 match.
So 16 games at least .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM   #532
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
So 16 games at least .
3 setter -go get 'er, Andreea!
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:05 PM   #533
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
3 setter -go get 'er, Andreea!
Cool
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:18 PM   #534
country flag ioana_sk8r

interview from ProSport http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...jocul-12815025

What does qualifying for the Wimbledon main draw mean to you?
It means a lot, especially since I came to London completely unprepared. I arrived one day before qualifying and I only trained one hour on grass. I was very relaxed in all my matches.

What do you hope for from the Radwanska match-up. Are you planning to follow a special strategy?
I hope escape my nerves quickly and manage (to play) a good match. The girls -the other Romanians at Wimbledon- told me how she plays and what I should expect from her. It remains to be seen if I can play my game.

I understand you want to attack the Polish [player 's game]
If I won't be nervous and everything were to go according to plan, that's about how things should work out. I will try to impose my game and not wait for Agnieska's mistakes.

How will you try to get rid of your nerves? Do you have a special method?
I don't have a method to overcome my nerves. It's normal to have them a few hours before the match and even at the beginning of a game. I will see how things stand once the match starts.

You're a clay court player because you played more on this slow surface. How do you feel on grass?
I love playing on grass and even though this only the second year I'm playing [on the surface], I could say its my new favorite surface. My game matches up better with hard courts, but I haven't played more on fast courts because for many years I was almost always injured over the winter. In the summer, we tend to play on clay more in Europe.

What's your dream for Wimbledon 2014?
It already came true here, in a way. As a result, I just want to enjoy my first round match. Regardless of the end result, I only have something to win.

One last question. What do you wish for this season?
First of all, to be healthy and be able to train more.

Sounds like a rough past couple of months for her. Glad she put things together in qualifying here.

Last edited by ioana_sk8r : Jun 23rd, 2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 04:36 PM   #535
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sportnews.ro/andreea-mitu...ata-30430.html
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM   #536
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Ridicolously talented.

I'm honestly shocked to see that there are such raw diamonds on the WTA tour ranked below Top 200. How can it be that such a girl has been flying under the radar for so long? Of course she is inconsistent as hard as she bashes the ball, but so much striking talent and yet to win a WTA match - it's unbelievable.

But her footwork in all honesty is not a weakness, it's an abomination. Andreea, keep fighting and get yourself a good coach. I don't want you to throw away that talent.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:40 PM   #537
country flag ioana_sk8r

She's wonderful to watch when she's on. Hopefully she plays well once play resumes. She was giving Aga plenty to think about the first few games.

eta: Court 2 Tuesday Schedule
11:30am Gentlemen's Singles - First round
Stan Wawrinka (SUI) [5] v Joao Sousa (POR)
Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) [4] v Andreea Mitu (ROU)

Last edited by ioana_sk8r : Jun 23rd, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM   #538
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Where has she been all the time? She strikes the ball so well. I am surprised she is ranked so low at 22. I hope we'll see more of her.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:39 PM   #539
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Ridicolously talented.

I'm honestly shocked to see that there are such raw diamonds on the WTA tour ranked below Top 200. How can it be that such a girl has been flying under the radar for so long? Of course she is inconsistent as hard as she bashes the ball, but so much striking talent and yet to win a WTA match - it's unbelievable.

But her footwork in all honesty is not a weakness, it's an abomination. Andreea, keep fighting and get yourself a good coach. I don't want you to throw away that talent.
IKR? I noticed her last year in Barnstaple for the first time and it was my first thought...

her interview is so nice

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:56 PM   #540
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
IKR? I noticed her last year in Barnstaple for the first time and it was my first thought...
+1 I saw her in Olomouc, I liked her