Lindsay to play WTT - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 04:14 PM   #1
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
Talking Lindsay to play WTT

World TeamTennis - Lindsay Davenport conference call transcript

Davenport will return to the pro courts on July 12 when she and her New York Buzz teammates travel to Hartford to battle Meghann Shaughnessy and the FoxForce. She’ll then make her home debut on Sunday, July 14 in Schenectady against Patrick McEnroe and the New York Hamptons.

On the attraction of the WTT Pro League to big name players:

“It’s a fun format for tennis players. Very rarely are we in a team format and it’s an opportunity to be more intimate with the crowd. It’s a different atmosphere and a different way of scoring. You’re playing doubles, mixed doubles and singles and that makes it fun. I think the players do it because of the friendship they have with Billie Jean King.”

On the WTT Pro League helping her rehabilitation:

“In March, Billie Jean asked me to play some WTT matches. At that point I was still unsure of when I could play, so we agreed on two matches because that’s all I could commit to. But now I’m excited about the season. TeamTennis is a great way for me to go out there and play some sets and a combination of doubles and mixed doubles. I’m looking forward to getting back out on the court and playing again.”

On the state of the WTA tour with emphasis on the success of the Williams sisters:

“Both of them have definitely taken tennis to another level this year. With both of them playing in more tour events and more consistently, it’s inevitable that their rankings are going to go up. Over the last couple of years they haven’t played that much. They are definitely the favorites right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those two wins Wimbledon. They’re so athletic and play such a powerful game that’s it’s going to be hard to stop them.”

On her knee injury and any possible effect it will have on her career longevity:

“My injury came at actually a good time for me. I’ve played on the WTA Tour for 10 years and when you play 11 months out of a year for 10 years, you definitely get worn down. However, the last eight months have made me more refreshed and made me so excited to get back out on the court. I have a goal and want to continue to peak and win more tournaments. I’m hoping the injury and surgery will prolong my career another few years.”

On the Fed Cup rift between Billie Jean King and Jennifer Capriati:

“It was more a disappointment than anything. I had hoped that it was going to rectify before the match, but it didn’t, and then the match was over so fast. So we just have to look forward to the next match, get back into the world group and not worry about what happened in April. We need to set our goals for winning it next year.”
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #2
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
Great post VAL!!!!!

Seems like, she is really ready to fight again. I love the word she uses " Peak" meaning she wants to be the best out there again.
These makes me real excited and our long wait is vindicated by lindsays return and dedication.

I LOVE U LINDSAY!!!!!

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #3
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
she said "i have a goal"...maybe it means she wants to win French Open?
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:28 PM   #4
country flag Nikki
Team WTAworld

Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold Nikki is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the post Vale
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:24 PM   #5
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
thx so much Lindsayfan! that's great news!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:25 AM   #6
country flag joaco

joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold joaco is a splendid one to behold
great post Vale! thanks!
I admire Lindsay looking at the positive side of the injury, it just makes em so happy...

JOACO
joaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:18 PM   #7
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
Thanks Val! Isn't it great to have her back. I hope her goal is the French Open title. It will be so lovely to have her back on the WTA tour. I just can't wait (ok I know I have to) but hopefully not too long.

GO GO GO LINDSAY
Jan
:l
Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:26 PM   #8
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
Thanks Val! Isn't it great to have her back. I hope her goal is the French Open title. It will be so lovely to have her back on the WTA tour. I just can't wait (ok I know I have to) but hopefully not too long.

GO GO GO LINDSAY
Jan
:l
Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote