Hey Gigi and others
Congratulations to Sofia!
Here is an interview from the Tashkent site:
Short summary of interview with Sofia Shapatava from Georgia
- A little bit about your game.
- I was very excited it was my first WTA match. My rival was also a debutant at a WTA tournament. I am happy that I was luckier than may rival.
- Is this your best result?
- In WTA – yes.
- Have visited Tashkent before?
- No, this is the first time. But I played in Namangan’s 25-thousand tournament.
- What did you feel while playing, it was a dream come true to play at a WTA Tournament wasn’t it?
- I was very excited. But I try to enjoy my games irrespective of the tournaments.
- How did the match go?
- In the beginning both of us made mistakes. Then I braced myself and demonstrated a better result.
- Are you the first player from Georgia in WTA?
- I’m the third racket. The first two are from the 100s. I also plan to enter the 200s, so next year I can the Grand Slam qualifiers.
- In Georgia most of the people speak their native language, but you…
- My mother is half Russian and Ukranian so it’s not only Georgian blood that flows in my veins.
- In the first match most of the spectators were cheering you, in the next rounds if have to play an Uzbek player that will not happen. Are you ready for that?
- Maybe this will even help me.
- Do you train at home?
- I have two coaches and they have been there for a while. I’m very much satisfied with their work and not planning to change them.
- What are your impressions from visiting Tashkent?
- Very warm impressions. I am very happy that it is here where I play my first WTA tournament and have demonstrated my best result so far. So nothing will spoil impressions.