S1 - 16: US Open, New York (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S1 - 16: US Open, New York (GS)

US Open, New York

Week 16, Hard Grand Slam, Draw Size 32

New York, USA - Welcome to NYC! And the final Grand Slam of the season, it's been an eventful season so far, with 3 different Slam winners, and with so many players loving this surface, this should be the most exciting major yet, so get your last minute practice in and good luck everyone!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

NB - Please also start sending in Indoor points, thanks
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S1 - 16: US Open, New York (GS)

Aces To Play

Bartoli - 2
Benesova - 4
Brandi - 2
Bremond - 2
Camerin - 4
Capriati - 4
Chakvetadze - 0
Davenport - 3
Dechy - 1
Dementieva - 4
Dominguez Lino - 3
Golovin - 4
Hantuchova - 4
Harkleroad - 4
Ivanovic - 4
Jankovic - 4
Krajicek - 4
Kirilenko - 4
Molik - 1
Mauresmo - 2
Myskina - 3
Medina Garrigues - 2
Paszek - 3
Peer - 4
Pennetta - 2
Rezai - 3
Safarova - 2
Sprem - 1
Tanasugarn - 3
Washington - 4
V. Williams - 0

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 22nd, 2007 at 08:17 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #3

Draw

Marion Bartoli(1) v Bye
Anna Chakvetadze v Tatiana Golovin
Flavia Pennetta v Anastasia Myskina
Iveta Benesova v Jelena Jankovic(7)

Michaella Krajicek(5) v Tamira Paszek
Maria Kirilenko v Jennifer Capriati
Maria Elena Camerin v Kristina Brandi
Bye v Tamarine Tanasugarn(3)

Nathalie Dechy(4) v Karolina Sprem
Mashona Washington v Aravane Rezai
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Lucie Safarova
Ashley Harkleroad v Amelie Mauresmo(6)

Venus Williams(8) v Ana Ivanovic
Lindsay Davenport v Daniela Hantuchova
Elena Dementieva v Alicia Molik
Bye v Severine Bremond(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 23rd, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM   #4

OOP

Tuesday - R32

Wednesday - R16

Thursday - QFs

Friday - SFs and F

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 22nd, 2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM   #5

Player Of The Week

Nathalie Dechy

Dechy's heroic and inspirational run to the quarters in New Haven with 0 aces earns her POTW this week, and she now has 1 ace to use in New York, the rest of the field better watch out

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 22nd, 2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Just like Bartoli on the clay and Mauresmo on the grass, Jelena has been the form player on hard in the run-up to this US Open, since losing early in Cincinnati, she has blazed through the field to pick up two titles, she could get tad complacent though, that's my only concern, the other favourite is Krajicek, Misa performs very well on the big stage, and reached the semis of both RG and Wimbledon, and on her best surface she's got a great chance to at least match that result here, the only problem is quite a few other players have hard as their best surface too.

The Contenders

With so many hard-courters and with Jankovic dominating the tune-ups, it was hard to pick some other contenders, I went with Maria as she has the game to beat anyone, unfortunately she's a headcase but she could put a run together here, Myskina and Rezai are recent finalists, and Nastya in particular has a wily strategy, and but can sometimes be overpowered, whilst Aravane can take anyone apart but is way too streaky.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Sep 22nd, 2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:39 PM   #7
country flag dawid

dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Jelena will have a "easy" draws and she'll make semifinal

Kim "Sexy Back" Clijsters
Jelena "Warrior Princess" Jankovic

Womens Masters Tour!
dawid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM   #8

Aces, OOP, POTW and preview posted As you should all know by now article points double at Slams and there'll be live scoring from the QFs onwards
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM   #9
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay confirms her participation in this event, btw

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Watson~Robson~Mladenovic~Muguruza
LDF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM   #10
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll send my points for Daniela soon.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDF View Post
Lindsay confirms her participation in this event, btw
Welcome back
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 11:54 PM   #12
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

omg - Daviator is such a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Player Of The Week

Nathalie Dechy

Dechy's heroic and inspirational run to the quarters in New Haven with 0 aces earns her POTW this week, and she now has 1 ace to use in New York, the rest of the field better watch out
A bit OTT

1 of the words would have done the job, less is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post

My prediction for who will win the title?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

I cant believe you are giving me the curse

I will show you Larry Scott

and the irony is that you are a Davenport fan
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 12:03 AM   #13
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to un-jinx JJ? That is just annnoying. Especially after Amelie got the biggest curse ever. I hate Tamira and I cannot wait to play her ANYTIME, ANYWHERE so I can crush her puny little behind with some real tennis.

I really am going to harp on about this forever until I get justice.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 04:10 AM   #14
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Dechy
I hope Misa is able to get to the quarters with her recent form though.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #15
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

Lourdes Hoping she draws Dechy