Are the Willi's the first players to come from the ghetto? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:58 AM   #1
Toineefa

Toineefa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Are the Willi's the first players to come from the ghetto?

Or was it Zina and Lori? I can't remember if they're from the ghetto.
Toineefa is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:16 AM   #2
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Do you have to be black to come from the ghetto?
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:20 AM   #3
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the Williams Sisters were from a ghetto. I mean it was not a nice neighborhood, but similar to McNeil and Garrison's neighborhoods: Poor but not violent. I think Richard probably made up most of those stories.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:38 AM   #4
Toineefa

Disposablehero of courst not silly boy. Chanda's father is a judge and her mum is a professor.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:47 AM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
I don't think that was my question.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:50 AM   #6
Toineefa

You said do you have to be black to come from the ghetto and
I said of course not. A bit too many Molsons hun?
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 02:55 AM   #7
RockSteady

RockSteady has a little shameless behaviour in the past
From the American ghetto's, sure, but there have been A LOT of European tennis players from very poor areas.
RockSteady is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:00 AM   #8
disposablehero

Quote:
Originally posted by Toineefa
You said do you have to be black to come from the ghetto and
I said of course not. A bit too many Molsons hun?
No Molsons. I just fail to see what Chanda has to do with it.
disposablehero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:02 AM   #9
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by RockSteady
From the American ghetto's, sure, but there have been A LOT of European tennis players from very poor areas.
Wow I didn't know only black people lived in a ghetto in the US! Here I thought Southie in Boston and Hell's Kitchen in New York were Ghetto's??
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:04 AM   #10
Toineefa

You asked if you have to be black to be from the ghetto and I said no cos Chanda is black and she isn't from the ghetto and neither is Alexandria for that matter. Herbs then?
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:05 AM   #11
RockSteady

Rocketta, I think you misunderstood, I was answering the original question "are the Williamses the only players to come from the ghetto". I said "in the USA, sure, but many Euro players have come from a ghetto."

I wasn't talking about race.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:10 AM   #12
country flag Rocketta

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Rocketta, I think you misunderstood, I was answering the original question "are the Williamses the only players to come from the ghetto". I said "in the USA, sure, but many Euro players have come from a ghetto."

I wasn't talking about race.
Oh Ok, so you are saying the Williams are the only american tennis players from a ghetto or poor neighborhood? Actually what is the definition of a ghetto used for this thread anyway? Actually, I don't want to know. Nevermind. I'm glad I misunderstood what you meant.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:13 AM   #13
disposablehero

OK, Toineefa, I'm not going to explain to you the relationship between nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Ask someone else.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:18 AM   #14
RockSteady

I don't know what you're taking offense to, you're finding things where they are not.

The Williams sisters are the only professional American tennis players that I know that come from a ghetto.

What exactly am I saying wrong?
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #15
country flag Rocketta

Quote:
I don't know what you're taking offense to, you're finding things where they are not.

The Williams sisters are the only professional American tennis players that I know that come from a ghetto.

What exactly am I saying wrong?
Now you are the one misunderstanding me. I meant I'm glad that I was wrong about the meaning of your post! I'm glad you didn't mean what I thought you meant. Is that better, ie I no longer have a problem with your post just the purpose of this thread.
Closed Thread