General Tennis Discussion - Non Sania - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #31
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Tennis Discussion - Non Sania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP0315 View Post
She is juan carlos ferrero of wta tour.
much better than that.. but essentially same so far..

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #32
country flag saniamania

saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymirza View Post
Well few months ago sharpy was much better than lindsey..Right now shes a variable too..The way she played against sania( esp the serve) it would be very hard for anyone else to beat her but then she plays a horrendous match against radwanska!! Shes going in kuznetsovas catagory now..She used to be so tough mentally usually
Yeah... agreed. i think the change in action she brought to her after the shoulder injury is a big factor. With her new action, she is not as consistent. It is good in general, but if put under pressure it is prone to crack .
Sania was not able to put any pressure in her serve, and she was happy and brushed her away .

Aga put her serve in prssure in whichever way she could (some people are angry at her methods like Jim) . She does not Serena or Henin's return that she would stand in the baseline and crash them to all corners, so she danced around a bit and put pressure.

Masha needs to get more consistency in her serve to take the next big step.
saniamania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #33
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Is Kyra Shroff Mahesh's new Sania? Her service action is awesome! The point is finished before she completes her service motion l:
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #34
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniamania View Post
Yeah... agreed. i think the change in action she brought to her after the shoulder injury is a big factor. With her new action, she is not as consistent. It is good in general, but if put under pressure it is prone to crack .
Sania was not able to put any pressure in her serve, and she was happy and brushed her away .

Aga put her serve in prssure in whichever way she could (some people are angry at her methods like Jim) . She does not Serena or Henin's return that she would stand in the baseline and crash them to all corners, so she danced around a bit and put pressure.

Masha needs to get more consistency in her serve to take the next big step.
hey sharpy was having major problems whole year with her serve..Even before she changed it.. in fact thats the major reason why she changed it..To put less pressure on that shoulder!

Old Sep 18th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #35
country flag saniamania

saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
hey sharpy was having major problems whole year with her serve..Even before she changed it.. in fact thats the major reason why she changed it..To put less pressure on that shoulder!
yes you are right. To be precise, maria's shoulder problem and the consequent problems with her serve is the culprit, and the change in action has not yet brought the desired result or consistency. But I am sure she will overcome it.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #36
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

Sunfeast open takes a big blow. Waste of appearence money.
Great job Mahesh. Next time get some worthy players.
Tommorow i'm effectively rooting for martha to win. Daniela is liklely to lose tommorow.
Flavia Penneta
# Brenda Schultz McCarthy # Elena Dementieva # Olga Govortsova # Marion Bartoli # Jelena Jankovic # Vera Zvonareva # Flavia Pennetta # Alla Kudryavtseva # Alisa Kleybanova
ASP0315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 01:57 AM   #37
country flag Mightymirza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP0315 View Post
Sunfeast open takes a big blow. Waste of appearence money.
Great job Mahesh. Next time get some worthy players.
Tommorow i'm effectively rooting for martha to win. Daniela is liklely to lose tommorow.
the guy is trying his best give him a break!!! Do u want a serena fiasco all over again?? atleast marion showed up!

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #38
country flag saniapower

saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold saniapower is a splendid one to behold

Daniela Hantuchova is one of my favorites. She has a solid serve. She has a good court play. She has a great chance of winning the Sunfeast open. I don't think she will choke. She is totally focussed in her game. Best of luck to Hantu.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #39
country flag Mightymirza

Let dandi clear 1st round She usually doesnt seem to be interested in winning any other event than Indian wells By the way at the moment Chaky is playing much better than hingis you gotta admit that ASP

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #40
country flag ASP0315

ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future ASP0315 has a brilliant future

thank goodness hantuchova saved the tourny.

Quote:
Let dandi clear 1st round She usually doesnt seem to be interested in winning any other event than Indian wells By the way at the moment Chaky is playing much better than hingis you gotta admit that ASP
now she is a better player than hingis for now. hingis is in quite poor form recently struglling with injuries but you compare thier career hingis is way better.(anna will not even come close to what hingis achieved.) end of story
hingis already won 5 major titles before the age of 20.
plus she has 43 career singles titles.(40 of those came before her retirement in 2002. ) and 37 doubles titles.

How many did GS tournament did anna won? zero.
Here are some higlings of her tourmnament wins
2007- Hobart, 's-Hertogenbosch, Cincinnati, Stanford; 2006 - Guangzhou, Moscow
3 tier III, 1 tier IV and one MM tier II. (only big victory was in Moscow where she defeated safina. demetieva and petrova. No big deal petrova is a mediocore player, safina and demetieva are good players she managed to defeat. Everybody knows demetieva is unpredictable player and safina is a good player.
plus she can only capable of beating low ranked players like shahar peer or sania mirza.(who are ammateurs and certainly don't come up with any kind of game plan. )
she can't beat players like sharapova,justine, kuznetsova, serena etc etc. (just take a look at H2H records against those players.)
anna has been on tour for more than three years all she managed to is win a couple of MM tournaments.

You guy really need to get your facts straight.
i don't deny annac is better than hingis now. but in the overall career Hingis is way better player.(Even if you compare peek anna and peek martina, annac is not even close to what martina did.)
Flavia Penneta
# Brenda Schultz McCarthy # Elena Dementieva # Olga Govortsova # Marion Bartoli # Jelena Jankovic # Vera Zvonareva # Flavia Pennetta # Alla Kudryavtseva # Alisa Kleybanova

Last edited by ASP0315 : Sep 19th, 2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #41
country flag ASP0315

BTW saniamania there is good discussion going on MTf on equal pay. i'm really enoying that. people are repeatlly blasting wta tour's poor quality of matches.(they mentioned the results of this years GS finals.) Very interesting discussion going on.
you can visit menstennisforums.com and go GM thread.
Flavia Penneta
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #42
country flag saniamania

thanks ASP for the info. I will definitely visit MTF. Actually I support equal pay if the WTA plays 5 setters whenever ATP does, equal pay should imply equal work, not 60% (3/5) work. As to the quality, people counter with diff things.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #43
country flag saniamania

BTW, hope Lindsay makes a strong comeback and Hingis finds her mojjo back . These 2 along with the 2 w's, Henin and Masha, and hopefully Ivanovic making the next grade, can raise the quality of matches from SFs onwards.

Other than Henin-Bartoli and Henin-Vee, the other slam SFs and finals were terribly one-sided
This is the worst set of top tenners in a long time.

Just compare them with the lot we had in, say 1999: Graf, Seles, Hingis, Lindsay, Capriaty, 2 Ws, Kim, Mary, and you would like to cry
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #44
country flag Apoorv

Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute Apoorv has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Anastasia Rodionova returns.

Charu Sharma: Anastasia, welcome back to India, you have played in Hyderabad, and now you are here. How do you feel?

Ans: These tournaments are different, (shaking her head) I will somehow manage. Lets see.

Sania Mirza

Elena Dementieva

Apoorv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #45
country flag Mightymirza

whos saying anything about past??Lets live in present shall we?? None is saying anna is greater tham martina..Just that at the moment shes playing better tenis than martina..PERIOD..Martina might have played great tennis in past but it isny helping her right now