Australian Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #1
imogen

imogen is an unknown quantity at this point imogen is an unknown quantity at this point imogen is an unknown quantity at this point imogen is an unknown quantity at this point imogen is an unknown quantity at this point
Australian Open

Hi Everyone

I'm thinking about jumping over the ditch (from NZ) to the Australian Open, need to book my leave in early.

However, I've never been to Melbourne before but have heard it's a nice city to visit...but have been to Sydney and Gold Coast. Can anyone tell good place to stay i.e. close to city, reasonable in price and can get to Melbourne Park relatively easily.

Thanks

Imogen
imogen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 05:54 AM   #2
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open

I'm not too sure about the cost, but I think you should stay near Flinders Street.
There's a tram #70 that takes you from Flinders Street Station to Melbourne Park free of charge, providing you have a ticket for that day. It's like, 3-4 stops from Flinders.
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #3
Anna F'd Enrique

Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of

Masha F'd Igor
Anna F'd Enrique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #4
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna F'd Enrique View Post
Masha F'd Igor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimaDinosaur View Post
Masha F'd Nole
Get a life or get laid

Hey Imogen, with accomadation try to get something in the suburb of Richmond which is only a few minutes from Melbourne Park...that said the tram system is good so anywhere in the CBD is fine

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #5
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'm planning on making a trip to Sydney and Melbourne in 2008 as well.

I'll read advice off this thread too.
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #6
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmarnica View Post
Get a life or get laid

Hey Imogen, with accomadation try to get something in the suburb of Richmond which is only a few minutes from Melbourne Park...that said the tram system is good so anywhere in the CBD is fine
Richmond is probably a better choice as the grounds for the AO are closest to Richmond train station.
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #7
Anna F'd Enrique

Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of Anna F'd Enrique has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmarnica View Post
Get a life or get laid

No I don't need to get a life or get laid hun. This whole "get a life" bit is so overused.
Anna F'd Enrique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #8
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

The Hilton is about a 3 minute walk to the courts and is easily walkable to the city
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #9
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

How much do you want to spend? Hotel or hostel? There are lots of good and fairly cheap hotels or hostels on or very nearby Flinders st. Victoria Hotel is half a block from Flinder's St, and it's cheap...(about $80AUD per night for a single), or there are a couple of hostel's along Flinders St. Tram to tennis is free with a tennis ticket - but it's not like they can get on to check anyone's tickets anyway as you are crammed in like sardine's. Richmond would be more expensive if you were going to stay there.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #10
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryDuffFanboy View Post
Richmond is probably a better choice as the grounds for the AO are closest to Richmond train station.
The tram stops right outside Melbourne Park...that's closer.

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #11
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...[Harvs]... View Post
The Hilton is about a 3 minute walk to the courts and is easily walkable to the city
Sure if you can afford $200+ a night. Hyatt's also near there, which would be more expensive...

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #12
country flag Xanadu11

Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future Xanadu11 has a brilliant future

I think the CBD is the best place to stay, that way when you're not at the tennis you have access to all the best places to go out. Melbourne is sooo easy to get around with trams, so you're pretty open with where you can stay. I stayed on Lonsdale street last year. I'm not sure i'm going to go this year though, it was so rainy on the weekend we went.
Xanadu11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #13
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieGirl View Post
Sure if you can afford $200+ a night. Hyatt's also near there, which would be more expensive...
lol well they didnt give us a price range now did they...
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #14
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so lucky to stay in CBD
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #15
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...[Harvs]... View Post
lol well they didnt give us a price range now did they...
No, they didn't. But your average person coming to the tennis own't be able to afford somewhere like The Hilton.