Ruskies get in here........! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #1
country flag Yonexforever

Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of
Ruskies get in here........!

With Maria in Moscow.. how's her Russian, or is she speaking only English?
Yonexforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #2
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future
Re: Ruskies get in here........!

her Russian's good .
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #3
country flag Yonexforever

Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of Yonexforever has much to be proud of

THank you
Yonexforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #4
country flag gaggleguy

gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all

her American accent is very obvious and her vocabulary is like a 5th grader
gaggleguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #5
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleguy View Post
her American accent is very obvious and her vocabulary is like a 5th grader
nothing of the kind have u ever actually listen to her speaking Russian? how did u understand?

her Russian is good so is vocabulary
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #6
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_girl View Post
nothing of the kind have u ever actually listen to her speaking Russian? how did u understand?

her Russian is good so is vocabulary

because she/he himself/herself speaks with a thick one
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #7
country flag wally1

wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future wally1 has a brilliant future

You can see her being interviewed in Russian (from last year) here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVAfVy_JG8

She seems very fluent to me...
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #8
country flag gaggleguy

gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all gaggleguy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1 View Post
You can see her being interviewed in Russian (from last year) here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVAfVy_JG8

She seems very fluent to me...

fluent is not the same thing as having a good accent or good vocabulary. Four year olds are also fluent. If you know the normal Moscow accent you hear Sharapova's American intonations immediately
gaggleguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #9
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

so what she speaks with an accent.. i dont understand why its such a big deal to russians that she has to be the perfect russian and should conform to their ways instead of being an individual and having her own life.. so what if she grew up in another country, that doesnt make her any less russian..
what makes you russian anyway? why is she a passport russian not a full fledged russian?? who makes up the rules? and had maria not been as successful as she is now, would any question about her nationality be raised? probably not!
and its not like maria's the only player to live away from her nation, kuznetsova spends most of her time in spain not russia, ivanovic lives in switzerland not serbia, just to name a few, yet only maria has her nationality questioned! why? it really bugs me! and its not really fans that bug me, its the players, myskina, davedenko and even dementieva have had digs at maria for not being russian...
phew! now thats out i feel better! lol! just a little insanity rant... im done now!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #10
country flag mankind

mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute

She wanted to get out of that interview ASAP.
mankind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #11
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleguy View Post
fluent is not the same thing as having a good accent or good vocabulary. Four year olds are also fluent. If you know the normal Moscow accent you hear Sharapova's American intonations immediately

Normal Moscow accent? Maria isn't from Moscow and has never lived there; neither have her parents - so naturally she doesn't have a "Moscow" accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankind View Post
She wanted to get out of that interview ASAP.
Making up things again to suit your agenda I see.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote