When will the big 8 ALL grace a grand slam draw? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #1
country flag vadin124

vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute
When will the big 8 ALL grace a grand slam draw?

The Big 8 on the Tour at the moment have NEVER been all present at any one slam

Venus, Serena, Henin, Sharapova, Davenport, Pierce, Mauresmo and Hingis

Next years US Open or Wimbledon Hopefully...hmmm one can dream

that would be one hell of a tournament!

Tennis player of the Millenium

Grand Slam Finalist | Career High Rank #9 | Queen of the Injury Time-Out

Venus | Dokic | Kirilenko | Robson
vadin124 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #2
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When will the big 8 ALL grace a grand slam draw?

That would be nice, Momo will hopefully make a whirlwin comeback along with madame pierce and davers and kimmy
I think with her serve and her athleticism, her power, her court mobility, I just think when she’s on, she’s the greatest player we’ve ever seen, ever. Now, whether her record is the greatest remains to be seen because she hasn’t retired yet. But I think she is really the greatest player. I have seen Martina and Steffi at their best. There are little chinks in those players’ armor, but it was a different era, where you didn’t need to be the perfect player.
Chris Evert
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #3
country flag vadin124

vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute vadin124 has a reputation beyond repute

since 1997, they have accounted for at least 2 of the 4 grand slams in a year...and on four occasions (2000,2003,2006,2007) they have accounted for all 4 grand slams won in a year

their total career earnings ON court amounts to $128,654,484!!!!

Tennis player of the Millenium

Grand Slam Finalist | Career High Rank #9 | Queen of the Injury Time-Out

Venus | Dokic | Kirilenko | Robson
vadin124 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #4
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry but to consider Mauresmo/ Sharapova/ Pierce on the same plain as a Davneport who you then consider on the same plain as a Serena and VEnus and Henin... and then Hingis who is clearly not one of the BIG 8 anymore..... i mean really..... is a joke...
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #5
country flag cypher_88
Long live Electro & House

cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisstar86 View Post
Im sorry but to consider Mauresmo/ Sharapova/ Pierce on the same plain as a Davneport who you then consider on the same plain as a Serena and VEnus and Henin... and then Hingis who is clearly not one of the BIG 8 anymore..... i mean really..... is a joke...
well i guess you consider Ana/Jelena/Anna one of them?

Myskina|Henin|Sharapova|Youzhny|Federer
cypher_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #6
country flag JackFrost

JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_88 View Post
well i guess you consider Ana/Jelena/Anna one of them?
You will say, today Hingis or Pierce are stronger than Ana, Jelena or Chakve? *lol*
Even behind Davenport you can put a questionmark.

If you consider the results of the past, why not include Navratilova, Graf, Seles, Sanchez Vicario, Evert etc.
JackFrost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #7
country flag cypher_88

cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
You will say, today Hingis or Pierce are stronger than Ana, Jelena or Chakve? *lol*

If you consider the results of the past, why not include Navratilova, Graf, Seles, Sanchez Vicario, Evert etc.
well since Pierce is not playing atm, the answer is obviously yes.... this is about the players of this generation (aka still active players). those are clearly the most accomplished players still active
on the other hand, those 8 aren't even in the same league with players like Ana/Jelena/Anna. (a question-mark near Sharapova's name, although when she plays confident she crushes those 3. and she crushed Anna even without confidence )

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #8
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce, Hingis, Davenport, and probably Mauresmo are no longer the "big 8" as they are over the hill and will never win another Slam. Wake up to reality! Pierce and Mauresmo, with only two Slams, are nowhere in the same league with Henin, who has SEVEN Slams.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #9
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

That would be great!!!
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #10
country flag cypher_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Pierce, Hingis, Davenport, and probably Mauresmo are no longer the "big 8" as they are over the hill and will never win another Slam. Wake up to reality!
i think you forgot to use your glasses. becasue it is obvious you didn't/couldn't read my post.
they are the great 8 for now, until new players take over their spots. no volunteers so far

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #11
country flag willrock

willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future willrock has a brilliant future

Well, sorry to destroy your thread with this fact but, your big 8 has ALREADY been present altogether at the same Slam : at the AO 2006 and MoMo prevailed
Kristina Mladenovic aka. Double Trouble
Caro Garcia willrock
Genie Bouchard my new fav in the top10
willrock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #12
country flag IanRadi
Winter is coming.

IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute

There are big chances about Venus, Serena, Maria, Lindsay, Amélie, Justine and Martina will play the Australian Open / Wimbledon but I don't know if Mary will. The best notice that I can ever hear is about her comeback
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #13
country flag No.1Hingis

No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold No.1Hingis is a splendid one to behold

The big 8 cause achievements.. cause even you wanna to let out Hingis she has 5 Slams.. so just 3 players have more than her.. so.. isnt cause of being an underdog .. the fact: you never can count apart a champ.. I always have said it, as Lindsay or Mary are champs too.. dont be silly .. as long as Jelena and co. can win more than 2 Slams (if Justine let them) or gain a lot of popularity as Maria does, we can talk after that.. dont you think.. there are good players but the line between greatness and the rest is "Majors" and media attention, sorry!

Last edited by No.1Hingis : Sep 13th, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
No.1Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #14
country flag IanRadi
Winter is coming.

IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute IanRadi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Mary Pierce is much better player than all those. I can bet you that in her first match of her comeback, she can beat any of them. I don't know if Martina can but, Mary?

It is such a stupidity to compare Lindsay Davenport, Mary Pierce or Kim Clijsters with Ana Ivanovic, Anna Chakvetadze or even Jelena Jankovic.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #15
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Pierce, Hingis, Davenport, and probably Mauresmo are no longer the "big 8" as they are over the hill and will never win another Slam. Wake up to reality! Pierce and Mauresmo, with only two Slams, are nowhere in the same league with Henin, who has SEVEN Slams.
they are still more acomplished than the other girls, thats why they are the big 8,
gosh this people