Article: Williams Sisters Pose Questions, Henin Has All The Answers - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Article: Williams Sisters Pose Questions, Henin Has All The Answers

Williams Sisters Pose Questions, Henin Has All The Answers

Photo By Getty Images By Conrad Ramirez
09/11/2007

Justine Henin deserves everything she's achieved. I think now, seven majors later, and likely another year as the season-ending World No. 1, she has etched her name among some of the game's immortals.
From her flawless footwork to her unparallel backhand, I am left wondering how the William sisters will respond to her reign.
Serena remains the Australian Open champion, but that hardly seems like comfort after three straight quarterfinal losses on three different surfaces to the woman she looks up to in the world rankings. And while Serena was injured at Wimbledon and still pushed Henin to three sets, I suspect Justine has absolutely no fear of Serena left in her.
There was a time Justine peered across the next at Serena and saw a superior athlete with unmatchable power and an un returnable serve. Now she sees physical mediocrity, bouts of excellence, unfocused fury and loose strokes.
The most interesting question the U.S. Open asks is: How will Serena and Venus respond?
It will be a testament to their real character whether Serena will better herself and whether or not Venus will sustain the focus she showed in capturing her fourth Wimbledon title and posing the toughest test to Henin in the U.S. Open semifinals.
The question that must be asked is: have the Williams Sisters been suppressed by Henin's unrelenting will? Venus played Henin tight and tough at the U.S. Open, for two sets it was as competitive as a match two champions could have. But Serena fell far too short, for whatever reason. And she needs to realize that currently, she has no weapon greater than Henin, whose strokes are more reliable, who moves far better, whose serve didn't break down, and whose resolve has never been stronger. Somewhere in Serena lies the greatest player of all time. And Justine Henin knows that, but she will practice and await, reigning over tennis prepared for all challengers, until the sleeping giant wakes.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #2
country flag DimaDinosaur

DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Article: Williams Sisters Pose Questions, Henin Has All The Answers

ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DimaDinosaur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #3
country flag Serenidad.

Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future Serenidad. has a brilliant future

At least he admitted Serena is the greatest. As a Serena fan, there is no doubt Justine is on top right now. We all know Serena is the best. ;(
Serenidad. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:04 AM   #4
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

There was a time Justine peered across the next at Serena and saw a superior athlete with unmatchable power and an un returnable serve. Now she sees physical mediocrity, bouts of excellence, unfocused fury and loose strokes.

Ouch! This guy really bashes Serena...

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:18 AM   #5
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

"Serena remains the Australian Open champion, but that hardly seems like comfort after three straight quarterfinal losses on three different surfaces to the woman she looks up to in the world rankings."

and will be looking up to for sometime it appears!

Nice article!
plantman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #6
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieln1 View Post

Ouch! This guy really bashes Serena...
He's stating the obvious truth.... Serena, are you listening?

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:38 AM   #7
country flag roarke

roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute

And the next time Serena and Venus wins they will be all over them again singing their praises. Hey it is the way of sports, sometimes you are hot, and sometimes you are not! Serena only has herself to blame for losing in three straight tournaments. Hopefully this will motivate her to pick up a racket and tune in on more than special occasions. As stubborn as Serena is I truly don't think she will change her ways so she will just have to get use to losses. Don't sweat it though let Justine have her compliments. She deserves them. When Martina Hinges was number one winning a lot she had her compliments as well. Winning and losing is cyclical, if Venus and Serena wants it they will have their day again.....

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived.

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
roarke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:58 AM   #8
country flag vandy

vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice vandy is just really nice

Didn't mcenroe come along to beat borg, martina came along to beat evert, seles-graff, borg-conners,etc...
It happens. Justine lose to venus and serena until she became a grand slam champion. Once that happened it was only a matter of time till she became better. This is what tennis is. It always is this way. But if you listen to the so called experts on t.v. this is the only time that it's not going to happen. If the williams play their best, Justine loses. Well I don't beleive that. Justine in the first set against venus lost three points on her serve until she served for the first set and started to choke. The williams sisters will win against justine some of the time but now it's Justine who is the best of the bunch. Until someone new comes along, just as it always been it seems once the player beleives he or she is the best, thats it.
vandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #9
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I liked it or hated it.
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 05:54 AM   #10
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
Didn't mcenroe come along to beat borg, martina came along to beat evert, seles-graff, borg-conners,etc...
It happens. Justine lose to venus and serena until she became a grand slam champion. Once that happened it was only a matter of time till she became better. This is what tennis is. It always is this way. But if you listen to the so called experts on t.v. this is the only time that it's not going to happen. If the williams play their best, Justine loses. Well I don't beleive that. Justine in the first set against venus lost three points on her serve until she served for the first set and started to choke. The williams sisters will win against justine some of the time but now it's Justine who is the best of the bunch. Until someone new comes along, just as it always been it seems once the player beleives he or she is the best, thats it.
agree
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #11
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post
Good post!

"The noblest work of God? Man. Who found it out? Man." - Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #12
country flag MistyGrey

MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not a good article...
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #13
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I still think Serena's serve is more reliable.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #14
country flag darice

darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of darice has much to be proud of

i'm really excited for '08 cause if they're all healthy and jelly improves even more it's gonna be an awesome rivalry!
darice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #15
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute

What else is new open season once more ,any way they can to bash the sisters.Remember Momo and pova in 2006 were very good then went away 2007 these situations are cyclical ,thats how tennis is today 'hot and cold'.Justine Ana and Jelena may fizzle 2008 and another player takes their spot thats how it is.The scheduling is not good and the pace unsustainable.
frontier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote