Alleged torture suspects may face hate crime charges - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #1
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Alleged torture suspects may face hate crime charges

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/11/wom...red/index.html

(CNN) -- Six West Virginians charged with kidnapping, torturing and sexually assaulting a woman for at least a week may also face hate crime charges, Logan County Sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

The victim, 20-year-old Megan Williams, is black; those charged are white. CNN's usual policy is to not report names of sexual assault victims. In this case, the victim agreed to be identified.

The suspects include a mother and son, a mother and daughter, and two men.

According to criminal complaints filed in the county, Williams was sexually assaulted, stabbed in the left leg, choked and beaten.

The victim said one of the suspects cut her ankle with a knife while saying, "That's what we do to [racial slur] around here," police records show.

She also allegedly was forced to eat rat and dog feces, lick up blood and drink from the toilet. The criminal complaints say the suspects threatened to kill the victim if she left the house where she was being held.

Logan County Prosecutor Brian Abraham said he planned to meet with local police, FBI and a federal attorney at 4 p.m. ET to determine whether hate crime charges should be filed.

The six are charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and battery. Kidnapping is punishable by up to life in prison. The penalty for first-degree sexual assault is 15 to 35 years.

Abraham said the charges could be modified as the investigation continues.

* Woman tortured for at least a week, officials say

Williams was discovered Saturday after sheriff's deputies received an anonymous tip that a woman was being held against her will at a home in Big Creek, West Virginia.

As the deputies spoke with a woman on the front porch, "a female inside the residence limped toward the door with her arms held out, saying 'Help me,' " according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department.

The woman had stab wounds on her left leg and bruises around her eyes, the statement said. Her wounds were determined to be about a week old.

"Deputies found her with two black eyes, part of her hair had been pulled out, she had lacerations on her neck and she had been physically, mentally and sexually abused," said Sheriff W.E. Hunter.

In custody are Frankie Brewster, 49; her son Bobby, 24, both of Pecks Mill, West Virginia; Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts, West Virginia; and George A. Messer, 27, Karen Burton, 46, and her daughter, Alisha Burton, 23, all of Chapmanville, West Virginia.

"They all have previous records and have been arrested numerous times," Hunter said. "They are familiar to law enforcement."
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alleged torture suspects may face hate crime charges

Damn that's just sick! trow them in jail and trow away the key!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #3
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Fucking sick-- I hope they throw the book at them Meanwhile, will this get as much coverage as Michael Vick torturing dogs?
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
Fucking sick-- I hope they throw the book at them Meanwhile, will this get as much coverage as Michael Vick torturing dogs?
Nah, this victim doesn't have fur and a tail. It won't get half as much coverage.

It's, indeed, an hate crime.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #5
country flag sfselesfan

sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute sfselesfan has a reputation beyond repute

My co-worker was talking about this. Totally messed up people. They sound like they're completely brainwashed by racist propaganda or something. Sick f-kers.

SF
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #6
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfselesfan View Post
My co-worker was talking about this. Totally messed up people. They sound like they're completely brainwashed by racist propaganda or something. Sick f-kers.
SF
Hey, its West Virginia. They're probably inbred.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #7
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/11/wom...red/index.html

(CNN) -- Six West Virginians charged with kidnapping, torturing and sexually assaulting a woman for at least a week may also face hate crime charges, Logan County Sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

The victim, 20-year-old Megan Williams, is black; those charged are white. CNN's usual policy is to not report names of sexual assault victims. In this case, the victim agreed to be identified.

The suspects include a mother and son, a mother and daughter, and two men.

According to criminal complaints filed in the county, Williams was sexually assaulted, stabbed in the left leg, choked and beaten.

The victim said one of the suspects cut her ankle with a knife while saying, "That's what we do to [racial slur] around here," police records show.

She also allegedly was forced to eat rat and dog feces, lick up blood and drink from the toilet. The criminal complaints say the suspects threatened to kill the victim if she left the house where she was being held.

Logan County Prosecutor Brian Abraham said he planned to meet with local police, FBI and a federal attorney at 4 p.m. ET to determine whether hate crime charges should be filed.

The six are charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and battery. Kidnapping is punishable by up to life in prison. The penalty for first-degree sexual assault is 15 to 35 years.

Abraham said the charges could be modified as the investigation continues.

* Woman tortured for at least a week, officials say

Williams was discovered Saturday after sheriff's deputies received an anonymous tip that a woman was being held against her will at a home in Big Creek, West Virginia.

As the deputies spoke with a woman on the front porch, "a female inside the residence limped toward the door with her arms held out, saying 'Help me,' " according to a news release from the Sheriff's Department.

The woman had stab wounds on her left leg and bruises around her eyes, the statement said. Her wounds were determined to be about a week old.

"Deputies found her with two black eyes, part of her hair had been pulled out, she had lacerations on her neck and she had been physically, mentally and sexually abused," said Sheriff W.E. Hunter.

In custody are Frankie Brewster, 49; her son Bobby, 24, both of Pecks Mill, West Virginia; Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts, West Virginia; and George A. Messer, 27, Karen Burton, 46, and her daughter, Alisha Burton, 23, all of Chapmanville, West Virginia.

"They all have previous records and have been arrested numerous times," Hunter said. "They are familiar to law enforcement."
Just plain sick and the charges should not be modified. I don't believe in the death penalty but these sickos deserve it. Who knows what would have happened to that woman if a tip hadn't come in. I can't begin to imagine.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #8
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
Since not a person involved is a celebrity, I don't think so.

I hope they execute all 6.
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #9
country flag CoolDude7

CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future

THIs link is much better http://www.wvgazette.com/section/News/2007091022

It has their pictures and more information. Their bond is only 100,000! ::Shaking my head::: How can that be? They should not have a bond at all , but to top it off only 100,000! I swear, some people can get away with murder.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:26 AM   #10
country flag CoolDude7

CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Since not a person involved is a celebrity, I don't think so.

I hope they execute all 6.
try 100,000 bond, it is sickening i know...
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #11
country flag venus_rulez
Keepin That Tutty Fresh!

venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute venus_rulez has a reputation beyond repute

Why is the hate crime part of it even being debated? Isn't it obvious.

I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #12
country flag CoolDude7

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_rulez View Post
Why is the hate crime part of it even being debated? Isn't it obvious.
As am I, but they are giving them the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason. They even mentioned their excuse of,"She came to the house like that"!
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #13
country flag CoolDude7

6 arrested, charged in woman's weeklong torture
Authorities believe racism played role in ordeal

Carmen Williams doesn’t understand why her 20-year-old daughter was tortured, raped and tied up in a shed.

Police tell her that what happened was probably a hate crime, that it happened because Megan Williams is black.

“Every time they stabbed her, they called her ‘******,’” her mother said.

But whatever the reason, Carmen Williams wants people to know what happened to her daughter. She agreed to talk to a reporter from her daughter’s room at Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital.

She said a man and a woman — who Megan Williams thought were her friends — took her to the house of Frankie Lee Brewster in Pecks Mill, Logan County.

Megan Williams was held in the house for about a week, police said.

According to criminal complaints filed against six people in this case, she was beaten, stabbed, choked, sexually assaulted and threatened with death.

The details are even more horrible. According to the complaints, she was forced to eat dog and rat feces and to lick up blood. She was made to lick parts of Brewster’s body, under the threat of death. Her hair was pulled out. She was made to drink from the toilet. She was sexually assaulted while hot water was poured on her body, and while a man held a knife to her.

A woman allegedly cut Megan Williams’ ankle and said, “That’s what we do to ******s around here.”

Six people had been charged Monday evening, including Brewster, the 49-year-old woman who owns the home where the alleged assault happened. She is charged with sexual assault, kidnapping, malicious wounding and giving false statements to an officer.

Bobby R. Brewster, Frankie Brewster’s 24-year-old son, is charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, malicious wounding and assault during the commission of a felony.

Danny J. Combs, 20, is charged with sexual assault and malicious wounding. George A. Messer, 27, is charged with assault during the commission of a felony and battery.

Karen Burton, 46, is charged with malicious wounding, battery and assault during the commission of a felony. Her daughter, Alisha Burton, 23, is charged with assault during the commission of a felony and battery.

Each was being held Monday at Southwestern Regional Jail on $100,000 bail.

Carmen Williams said the two people who took her daughter to the Pecks Mill house did it so she could be tortured. Police are looking for those people, Logan County Chief Deputy V.K. Dingess said Monday evening.

“Apparently once they got her there they planned to do this,” Dingess said.

Carmen Williams said she has barely left her daughter’s side since police found her Saturday.

“She wakes up in the middle of the night screaming, ‘Mommy,’” she said. “What’s really bad is that we don’t know everything they did to her. She is crying all the time.”

She said her daughter has been a little better since she learned that the people who hurt her have been arrested.

The FBI has been called in to investigate the incident as a hate crime, Dingess said. All six of the people charged so far are white.

Megan Williams was found Saturday at Brewster’s house. Police, acting on a tip, went to the residence to check on a female who was reportedly being held against her will, according to the criminal complaint filed in Logan County Magistrate Court.

“Frankie was sitting on her front porch with her door open. We asked Frankie who else was at the residence and she stated no one else was here, that she was alone,” according to the complaint. “As she was talking, she got up and stepped toward her door when a female inside the residence limped toward the door with her arms out, saying, ‘help me.’ ”

The woman, Megan Williams, had four stab wounds in her left leg. Her eyes are bruised.

Brewster told police that she didn’t know how that had happened to Williams. She told police she had been away with friends, and that Williams came to her house on Saturday already in that condition.

Megan Williams was taken first to Logan Regional Hospital and then to CAMC General, where she underwent surgery for her leg wounds, Dingess said.

“We have all been praying and asking the Lord to take us through this,” Carmen Williams said. “It’s hard to deal with it. We are very angry. ... She will be scarred for a long time.”

Megan Williams has some “mental issues,” including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, her mother said.

“She was always pretty happy,” she said of her daughter. “She wants to be on her own. She is a good person.”

Carmen Williams said it will take a long time for her daughter to recover.

“People don’t realize that people will call themselves your friends but they are not really your friends,” said Matthew Williams, the woman’s father. “People have to be aware that things like that will happen.”
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #14
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude7 View Post
try 100,000 bond, it is sickening i know...
Typical don't you think.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 02:46 AM   #15
country flag CoolDude7

Sorry , that CNN article is very cupcakish!In times like this the public need to hear the truth, without coverups