Aegon pro series 2015 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #1
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Aegon pro series 2015

Another Thursday, so I look at the ITF entry lists, another Thursday without a British tournament entry list closing. So this time I decide to spoil myself and see what's over the entry list horizon in terms of upcoming tournaments. There is one British tourney shown on the ITF site, but just one: Shrewsbury 25K in April.

Let's try the LTA site instead: http://www.lta.org.uk/major-events/i...gb-pro-series/

So we have 3 50Ks in June: Eastbourne, Surbiton and Ilkley. What the actual heck? The LTA blows pretty much the entire women's ITF budget for the half year on these stupid grass tournaments. Like we have loads of challenger level players to fill them with and there aren't any WTA events with lots of wild cards to give to Brits at the same time.

Guess the LTA think it's good for players trying to acquire a ranking in 10Ks to go abroad. Or maybe the way to acquire a ranking is to enter a 50K and hope you draw a worse Brit than you in QR1.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote