Bills' Everett likely to be paralyzed - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #1
country flag Reckoner

Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of Reckoner has much to be proud of
Bills' Everett likely to be paralyzed

http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=217978&hubname=

I don't know if anyone watched the game but he did go down pretty hard.

very sad and I hope he recovers.
Advertisement

Old Sep 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2
country flag Zombielicious
No One Sleeps When I'm Awake ♥

Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future
Re: Bills' Everett likely to be paralyzed

Get well soon Kevin.

Dinara Safina - Maria Sharapova - Camille Pin - Maria Kirilenko - Serena Williams - Nadia Petrova
Zombielicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #3
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

terrible.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #4
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible. Football is a really dangerous game. This reminds me that Darryl Stingley, a New England Patriots receiver paralyzed from the neck down in the late 70's by a cheap shot with the helmet, only later made a personal foul (and in a preseason game, no less) by the Oakland Raiders' Jack Tatum died a few months ago @ age 55.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #5
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, I was watching this game, and he looked in a bad way.
I never thought he'd be paralyzed though. That's really sad.

Good luck Kevin.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #6
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks.

Its a collision sport.

On any play, on any given Sunday that can happen.
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #7
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifan View Post
That sucks.

Its a collision sport.

On any play, on any given Sunday that can happen.
I disagree.
I don't feel the intent to hurt someone happens like it does at the end of a football season compared to the beginning of a football season.

I watched a lot of football games this weekend and in many cases a lot of hard hits were made to star players on a team with the intent to hurt and make sure that a player was out for weeks/months.
In many cases they failed but in some cases they didn't.

I'm not saying that this was one of those kinds of hits but I do feel like some players are more vicious and looking for any means to get their team over another when the seasons starts compared to the last few games of the year.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 12:15 AM   #8
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

While watching the Panthers at Buffalo Wild Wings, this game caught my eye for a moment because I saw an ambulance on the field for quite some time. I figured the injury was pretty serious, but it's a shame to read that it's this bad.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #9
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall View Post
I disagree.
I don't feel the intent to hurt someone happens like it does at the end of a football season compared to the beginning of a football season.

I watched a lot of football games this weekend and in many cases a lot of hard hits were made to star players on a team with the intent to hurt and make sure that a player was out for weeks/months.
In many cases they failed but in some cases they didn't.

I'm not saying that this was one of those kinds of hits but I do feel like some players are more vicious and looking for any means to get their team over another when the seasons starts compared to the last few games of the year.
It can backfire, though. The NY Jets' Dennis Byrd was nearly paralyzed in a helmet to helmet collision with a teammate in the early 90's while trying to make a sack, which was what actually made "leading with the helmet" illegal. (I checked since my other post ITT, and Tatum nailed Stingley on top of the head @ full speed with either a forearm or shoulder pad, depending on which version was true).

Poor Darryl was "snakebitten". He'd just negotiated a big new contract, but it wasn't signed B4 his injury (and not honored). He later nearly got trapped in a fire he of course had no way to escape by himself. And his paralysis likely played a big role in his early death, somewhat like Christopher Reeve.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #10
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

On the plus side, the NFL will probably have to give him a shit load of money for the rest of his life. But I'm guessing he'd rather want his walking abilities.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote