Glta - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #61
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is anyone playing on GLTA tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciano_lopez View Post
then i am somewhere between 4.5 and 5.0 maybe.... what´s level is that?
Based on what you said about your skill levels, you are probably around 3.5 to 4.0. I myself am 4.5.

4.5 players are Div I college players, or 5.0. 5.5, 6.0 will be like satellite, challenger players. and 7.0 will be people like Federer or Sharavpova.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #62
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

There's this 1 player I'm thinking about out of the Big West Conference that I wouldn't be surprised to see on the GLTA tour in the future.

Hint: Her last name has 5 letters with the 3rd one being an "a".

Last edited by gouci : Apr 29th, 2009 at 11:29 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #63
country flag CarniceroLarry

CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice CarniceroLarry is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Based on what you said about your skill levels, you are probably around 3.5 to 4.0. I myself am 4.5.

4.5 players are Div I college players, or 5.0. 5.5, 6.0 will be like satellite, challenger players. and 7.0 will be people like Federer or Sharavpova.
I don't think a 4.5 player could even (properly) warm up a division I college player. A 4.5 player could be the locker room attendant. He/she can hand out clean towels and take dirty ones. BTW, I'm 4.0, barely. At least that's what the USTA says. I consider myself to be a very good 3.5

Last edited by CarniceroLarry : Apr 30th, 2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: spelling
CarniceroLarry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #64
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniceroLarry View Post
I don't think a 4.5 player could even (properly) warm up a division I college player. A 4.5 player could be the locker room attendant. He/she can hand out clean towels and take dirty ones. BTW, I'm 4.0, barely. At least that's what the USTA says. I consider myself to be a very good 3.5
Oops I apologize. Let me rephrase that. 4.5-5.0 are recreational competitive tennis players who could have had played DivIII or maybe some II colleges. 5.5 and up will be satellites/challengers.

Cheers!
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #65
country flag Blackbeat

Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute

bump...

someone playing in Duesseldorf this year?

Good Luck to all Polish Players!!!

Good Luck to Queen Venus Williams and Princess Serena Williams, too!!!

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Blackbeat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #66
country flag oliverbecken

oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute

I've just played in Dublin tournament (C Division) and won my first GLTA match!

MARIAJO/VENUS\CLIJSTERS/SCHIAVONE\WOZNIACKI/BARTOLI\CARLA

Last edited by oliverbecken : May 5th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
oliverbecken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #67
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbecken View Post
I just play in Dublin tournament (C Division) and won my first GLTA match!
Oli

I think I will play London this year
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #68

oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute oliverbecken has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking in playing Bruxelles

Old May 10th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #69
country flag LH2HBH

LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute

I play in Vancouver from time to time.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #70
Kathy Rinaldi

Kathy Rinaldi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbecken View Post
I've just played in Dublin tournament (C Division) and won my first GLTA match!
Cool What was the standard like. Are the A players good?
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Rinaldi View Post
Cool What was the standard like. Are the A players good?
D level is close to beginners level, but with some experience.
C level is people that knows where to put the ball, but they have poor shots, volleys and serves (generally speaking )
B level is people that has strong shots but time to time they are doing some "big" mistakes or people that are able to keep a long rallye, but they don't have really good shots.
And A/Open level for me they are really good players, able to play national tournaments in most of the countries. For example the best A/Open players in Ireland are playing at National level (maybe in countries with high tennis level like USA, Spain or France it will be hard to happen )

I don't know your level, but definitely in B, A and Open level you can see really good matches

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #72
country flag chemguy1979

chemguy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm definitely playing Raleigh, NC this fall along with the Labor Day event in Montreal!
chemguy1979 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #73
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Oli

I think I will play London this year

me too me too
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #74
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguydsl View Post
I play in Vancouver from time to time.
Do you live in Vancouver? Play tennisbc events?
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:55 AM   #75
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Drake1980 told me about this tour, when there's more events in my area, I'll definitely start playing. Probably level C or even D. I'll join all events at D level and become the Smashnova of the GLTA.