Glta - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #46
country flag feliciano_lopez

feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is anyone playing on GLTA tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace View Post
from beginners in division D to a top college level in the Open division - you can find any level.
As tennisvideos said, these tournaments are a lot friendlier and there is more sportsmanship comparing to 'normal' tournaments, say USTA. And don forget about the players' parties which are a lof of fin!!! Go onto websites of tournaments and chek out the pics. One last thing - a lot of tournaments donate to charities, do some charity work locally (with youth, etc.). Sorry, but I don't know any 'normal' USTA tournaments that would do the same......
but how can i find out, what a level should i play?
feliciano_lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #47
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciano_lopez View Post
but how can i find out, what a level should i play?
are you rated in your country? if you are, here is a link to conversion table
http://www.glta.net/divisions.htm
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #48

feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
are you rated in your country? if you are, here is a link to conversion table
http://www.glta.net/divisions.htm

well, and if i dont play any league in my country? just recreationally?
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #49
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

how many years have you been playing tennis? have you had any coaching?
As tenn ace said before level D is quite basic up to Open which is college standard tennis. If your closer to beginners level play in C otherwise A or B
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat in the hat View Post
how many years have you been playing tennis? have you had any coaching?
As tenn ace said before level D is quite basic up to Open which is college standard tennis. If your closer to beginners level play in C otherwise A or B
i play 10th season i think.... no, i haven´t had coaching, i just practised with my brother and some better players..... my 1st serve is quite ok, forhand and backhand too, 2nd serve sometimes very poor and volley are not good too.... i am not begginer but i may be crushed by junior player.... so i dont know find out my level....
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM   #51
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciano_lopez View Post
i play 10th season i think.... no, i haven´t had coaching, i just practised with my brother and some better players..... my 1st serve is quite ok, forhand and backhand too, 2nd serve sometimes very poor and volley are not good too.... i am not begginer but i may be crushed by junior player.... so i dont know find out my level....

check out this site
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/newspage.html?cref=2337

this is the US rating. once you self rate according to the guidance in that website, then go to the glta website (link in one of the previous posts) and convert it into GLTA rating
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM   #52
country flag jjlove

jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future

I also play GLTA tournaments in B, so far this year I played in Eindhoven and Paris and I am going to Amsterdam, Madrid and Barcelona. By the way, Amsterdam has changed venue but is still played in clay.
jjlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #53
country flag Blackbeat

Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I´m going to play in dusseldorf. If I get some clay practice before. But which level?

I´m playing for 6 or 7 years, played in a club with coach and club matches...Since two years not in the club anymore...but playing since 5 month regulary...

Good Luck to all Polish Players!!!

Good Luck to Queen Venus Williams and Princess Serena Williams, too!!!

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Blackbeat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #54
country flag jjlove

jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeat View Post
Maybe I´m going to play in dusseldorf. If I get some clay practice before. But which level?

I´m playing for 6 or 7 years, played in a club with coach and club matches...Since two years not in the club anymore...but playing since 5 month regulary...
Well if you have been playing for 6-7 years with coach you should play B minimum.
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #55
country flag Blackbeat

Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute Blackbeat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlove View Post
Well if you have been playing for 6-7 years with coach you should play B minimum.
Thx...well just read the GLTA Division Standards Guideline on the web...

I played in the "youth" and for the mens the most years in the "Bezirksliga" - and a few matches in the "Verbandsliga"

Maybe i should enter A...

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM   #56
country flag jjlove

Quote:
Thx...well just read the GLTA Division Standards Guideline on the web...

I played in the "youth" and for the mens the most years in the "Bezirksliga" - and a few matches in the "Verbandsliga"

Maybe i should enter A...
To be honest I have never read these guidelines so I cannot help you much but if that is what it says then you should play A definitely. I think is best that you play A because if you are good then your opponents will be pissed off if you beat them easily
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM   #57
country flag Blackbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlove View Post
To be honest I have never read these guidelines so I cannot help you much but if that is what it says then you should play A definitely. I think is best that you play A because if you are good then your opponents will be pissed off if you beat them easily
yeah thats true...but its clay...i´m hating clay...

POLISH RULEZ
WILLIAMS RULEZ
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #58

Quote:
check out this site
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/newspage.html?cref=2337

this is the US rating. once you self rate according to the guidance in that website, then go to the glta website (link in one of the previous posts) and convert it into GLTA rating

then i am somewhere between 4.5 and 5.0 maybe.... what´s level is that?
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM   #59

Quote:
yeah thats true...but its clay...i´m hating clay...

same here, my favourite surface is taraflex i think..... because of my serve... but i dont have problem to play on clay too....
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #60
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Yes GLTA is a very funny circuit. Basically anyone can play @ all levels. I live in Atlanta and usually just play the ones that are held here. It's fun and gets people together from all across the US to meet and socialize and it's not all about tennis. BTW JON !! I didn't know you roam in here as well!!
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote