Glta - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #31
country flag ~{X}~

~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is anyone playing on GLTA tour?

I think a way to look at this is like a Gay or Lesbian club(as in a dance club.) It's catered towards the Gay, Lesbian crowd but straight people aren't discouraged to enter and can. It's open to all, just catered to a specific group.

CLIJSTERS 4 GRAND SLAMS!!!!
~{X}~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #32
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

I've been to Amsterdam two years ago it's one of the best tournaments, think it's moved it's venue this year and isn't on clay anymore. I just wanted something a bit smaller and a bit more low key plus I really wanted to visit Germany. There is a little group of us guys from Manchester going. I'm playing B doubles and C singles. What about you? Thanks and good luck in Amsterdam too
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #33
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
Wow your such a great advertisment! Is everone who plays in this league so rude and socially inept? Have fun with your socially divisive league, though God forbid one day people will just play sports for the fun, regardless of their sexuality
We will have fun - no worries. And again, since obviously you can't comprehend, nobody will ask you about your sexuality if you ever decide to give it a try. PS. By the way, league doesn;t have ot advertise - it is popular anyway.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #34
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat in the hat View Post
I've been to Amsterdam two years ago it's one of the best tournaments, think it's moved it's venue this year and isn't on clay anymore. I just wanted something a bit smaller and a bit more low key plus I really wanted to visit Germany. There is a little group of us guys from Manchester going. I'm playing B doubles and C singles. What about you? Thanks and good luck in Amsterdam too
Amsterdam is not clay anymore? Damn, I was so looking forward to it. Also, for the reason that I have never played on red clay before, I decided to play C singles and C doubles. Besides, who cares how far I will go - going there to enjoy, party and just have a good time.

Thanks for good luck. May come to Manchester if don't go to Provincetown.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #35
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry my bad, I've just checked the website and it says it's on clay so maybe they haven't changed the venue yet. What tempts you about Provincetown? I don't even know what part of the states it is. Is there a secret gay resort there that I haven't heard about or something?
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #36
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

i like the events, i play Boston and Provincetown every year, lots of fun every year. I played the gay games in chicago in 06, and I registered for the 2010 games in germany as well
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #37
country flag Jekyll

Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of Jekyll has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wow your such a great advertisment! Is everyone who plays in this league so rude and socially inept? Have fun with your socially divisive league, though God forbid one day people will just play sports for the fun, regardless of their sexuality
There are several clubs GLTA around the world, and you would be surprised if you saw the level of them. In my case, I'm in one, and I play in other different clubs and leagues, tournaments that are supposed to be straight. I don't see the point of this argue..

Obviously speaking in amateur terms, if a gay/lesbian/straight person wanna play professional, he/she would play in ATP/WTA. There are some other leagues like, collegue-leagues in USA or Europe.. I don't see what's the matter. It's a question of plurality, we don't pretend with that to change World, but besides the politics and demonstrations, it's a good form of advance in human rights without stereotips!

I'm looking forward to play on Barcelona and maybe Zurich or Amsterdam.. if I had enought time I would play more tournaments
Jekyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #38
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat in the hat View Post
Sorry my bad, I've just checked the website and it says it's on clay so maybe they haven't changed the venue yet. What tempts you about Provincetown? I don't even know what part of the states it is. Is there a secret gay resort there that I haven't heard about or something?
Provincetown is probably the gayest place in the US (per capita). They have great beaches, lousy night clubs and I have a flat not so far from P-town . It is in Massachussetts. The most eastern point of the US.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #39
country flag feliciano_lopez

feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light

does someone (gay) want talk with me on MSN??? contact me guys per PM ... i will send you my MSN.....

huge tennis fan here i am looking for tennis friend all around the world...

Last edited by feliciano_lopez : Apr 12th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
feliciano_lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #40
country flag feliciano_lopez

feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light feliciano_lopez is a glorious beacon of light

there is tennis tournament in Munich too wow

http://glta.tournamentsoftware.com/s...6-DB1645AB298A
feliciano_lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #41
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow your such a great advertisment! Is everyone who plays in this league so rude and socially inept? Have fun with your socially divisive league, though God forbid one day people will just play sports for the fun, regardless of their sexuality
I think you hit the nail on the head ... playing for fun. One of the reasons the GLTA tour was set up was so that openly gay and lesbian people could play competitive tennis without being tormented by homophobic people - ie. other players, officials etc. This way they have a tour where they can be themselves, have fun, feel safe and not intimidated or threatened in any way. And it is NOT divisive as you mention, as there are many straight players who do play and they are all welcome. But homophobia is not welcome! And there is the key to the whole tour.

It means the tour is FUN, FRIENDLY, TOLERANT, and NON-THREATENING to all. Competitive tennis played in a more friendly way.

I played the so called 'normal' leagues for years and there was often very aggressive behaviour as well as a lot of homophobia - yes, so called straight men even bitching to other teams about our team being poofters etc. Well you know what, it gets tired. So we don't have any of that on our tour - we have fun, laughs, great tennis and as far as I am concerned it is probably as close to playing tennis in heaven as you can get.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..

Last edited by tennisvideos : Apr 13th, 2009 at 09:01 AM.
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 04:02 AM   #42
country flag Caillou

Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future Caillou has a brilliant future

i wish i could play in a lesbian league

Welcome Back Kimmy!
Caillou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #43
country flag ~Eclipsed~

~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniceroLarry View Post
CarniceroLarry
"Gay Lesbian"? As opposed to straight lesbian?

tenn ace
would have been funny if it wasn't moronic

CarniceroLarry
Maybe they should change name. I thought the term "gay" could be for men or women, "Gay: A person whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex". So there is no need to call it both words "gay" and "lesbian". Just call it GTA, not GLTA.
I'm pretty sure it's defined as such because gay usually refers to men and lesbian refers to women.

I heard of this league before. Hmm maybe i'll join, I want to play more tournaments this year and this seems like an interesting league to be apart of.

Lindsay Lee-Waters | Mary Pierce | Serena Williams | Elena Bovina | Jelena Dokic
~Eclipsed~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #44
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the quality of players who are in these events? A friend of mine suggested entering the July event in my hometown of NYC since I play in USTA tournaments anyway, but the whole concept sounded a little ridiculous. It seemed like they might as well have asked me to compete in the Special Olympics. There's no physical or mental handicap to being gay. It's not as though I'm so distracted by dick that I'm unable to play a 2 out of 3 set match

If it's just supposed to be a fun and social event then that's one thing, but if it's a whole tournament of people being super competitive and trying to prove themselves as the best gay tennis player in the land...forget it.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #45
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryAnnAvants#1 View Post
What is the quality of players who are in these events? A friend of mine suggested entering the July event in my hometown of NYC since I play in USTA tournaments anyway, but the whole concept sounded a little ridiculous. It seemed like they might as well have asked me to compete in the Special Olympics. There's no physical or mental handicap to being gay. It's not as though I'm so distracted by dick that I'm unable to play a 2 out of 3 set match

If it's just supposed to be a fun and social event then that's one thing, but if it's a whole tournament of people being super competitive and trying to prove themselves as the best gay tennis player in the land...forget it.
from beginners in division D to a top college level in the Open division - you can find any level.
As tennisvideos said, these tournaments are a lot friendlier and there is more sportsmanship comparing to 'normal' tournaments, say USTA. And don forget about the players' parties which are a lof of fin!!! Go onto websites of tournaments and chek out the pics. One last thing - a lot of tournaments donate to charities, do some charity work locally (with youth, etc.). Sorry, but I don't know any 'normal' USTA tournaments that would do the same......