FED CUP Tie: China vs Russia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #1
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
FED CUP Tie: China vs Russia

China v Russia
Venue: Beijing International Tennis Centre, Beijing
Surface: Hard – indoors

China
Jie Zheng
Na Li
Nannan Liu
Zi Yan
Captain: Li Qio Yu

Russia
Elena Dementieva
Tatiana Panova
Elena Bovina
Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

only three girls picked ???
surely they should have taken a fourth, even a Jr player just as a precaution incase something happens

Elena will head the team
Tatiana will play 150% like she always does and play as #2 Singles
Elena Bovina will play doubles.

This is a match we cannot afford to lose, and we shouldn't.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 03:00 PM   #2
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Good Luck Team Russia!
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 03:40 PM   #3
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad Tatiana is back in the team.

And I'm glad that she is an awsome girl.. ready to forget and forgive and help its country when it needs her.
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 03:49 PM   #4
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Sharpichev interview here:

http://www.gazeta.ru/2002/07/11/lihovcevaimy.shtml

Myskina and Lichovtseva would have benn more expensive for Russia if they had to with draw from the tournament in US
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:13 PM   #5
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
hypocrites... Imagine what would they say if Anna K. would make herself unavailable for Fed Cup because of WTT.. She would be declared a traitor within a minute..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:13 PM   #6

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I still think he should have taken one of Dinara/Sveta or Vera.
Sitting on the bench is all part of the experience, playing or not, it will help next time.

Only Elena Bovina has been to China before
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:27 PM   #7
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I feel so sorry for Tatiana. She is in the team just because there was another choice. I'm 100 % sure that next year she will be out of the team after securing a birth in the World group.
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:47 PM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
The only consolation is, that basically she is a pro, playing for money, and she is not playing for free in Fed Cup, and she wouldn't earn any money this week otherwise.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:54 PM   #9
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
If that is a consolation for her....
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:57 PM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

But at least now we can be sure that everything is patched between her and Shamil. And if she stays Russian #3, as she is now, there is no reason whatsoever why she would not get a call in future.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:02 PM   #11
country flag fresh2flash

I think Shamil is a kind of coach who alwais keeps with the young girls and guys. In men§s tennis there are not just enough good players to change the roaster every year. But in the women§s there are. I do not think that he dislikes Tanya personally, otherwise she wouldn^t except invitation.
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:52 PM   #12
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
My first reaction was the same as ys's. Hypocrites!

But not to take one of the young players as one of the 4 is very puzzling. But maybe Douchevina, Zvonareva or Safina don't want go to China. Isn't that possible?

But it'sood for Tatiana to be back on the Russian Fed Cup team. She deserves some long overdue respect!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:25 PM   #13

Tatiana is needed so she gets picked.

Nastya and Elena L are pre-occupied with WTT and can't got out of. Lina and Nadia have been out injured for months.

Anna K doubtful whether she'll get picked again.
So Tanya was the only one left.

Wonder who they would have picked had she refused ????? and she had good reason too as well.
Old Jul 12th, 2002, 11:07 PM   #14
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Tatiana might have one little issue in mind - very few good players will go to play Olympics in 2004 because of the bad timing, so making sure she is eligible for Olympics could be helpful.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 05:06 AM   #15
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Only 3 players?
Hmmm..........very odd. Better hope that Tarpischev is a mastermind of the highest order.

Good Luck to the Russian girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote