Polona Hercog Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #91
country flag Hrastar

Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice
Re: Polona Hercog Cheering Thread

sorry I'm late

I came just when she was finishing her training match against her coach/sparing partner, shook hands with Mima Jaušovec and when Polona finished, we had a short conversation. Damn! she's so cute , but also taller than I thought, about 180 cm and maybe more...

Q: Polona, let's start with Wimbledon. Will you play with Jessica Moore in doubles?
Polona: Indeed. We agreed on that right after Roland Garros, even though she was about to play with someone else in Wimbledon. Obviously she estimates her chanches better with me.

Q: What about singles. How far do you think you can go? Can you beat Arantxa Rus in a rematch?
Polona: well, she isn't that big of a deal really. By the way, she lost in Roehampton yesterday, so obviously she also lacks experience on grass. That will be my first grasscourt tournament and I really don't know what to expect.

Q: Yeah sure, but you should feel confortable on this surface as you are relativly tall and...
Polona: It's true. When younger I practised a lot on clay, but my way of playing is totally for fast surfaces...with service and volley.

Q: Aham, so what are your qualities again...?
Polona: Service, volley,...slice and forehand. I have reserves on my backhand

Q: Besides Jesse and Stephanie (Vogt), with whom do you hang out on "junior tour"?
Polona: We all hang out a little. Stephanie is my best friend, but she's injured and unactive for two whole months now. Her knee "jumped out" and will be absent one month more. If that didn't happen, I would probably play doubles with her...

Q: Please, tell me more about your tour coach, Zoltan Kuharszky.
Polona: He takes care of my schedule of tournaments. He's not there for me all the time, but he sticks around on those important tournaments. We communicate in english of course...he knows how to motivate a player with some exercises, has a lot of experience as he coached and still coaches some great players.

Q: What are your plans after junior Wimbledon.
Polona: I play Bad Gastein, Portorož and maybe Stockholm if I manage to come on qualification list with my ranking (only 16 qual. spots there). I fly to USA on 16th August. We decided to skip juniors US Open, so I'll compete only in qualies of main women event...and when I come home, I'll defend my Maribor ITF title from last year.

Q: Do you communicate a lot with other slovenian players (even those who are already retired-Pisnik, Križan). Do they motivate you?
Polona: Yeah, Katarina (Srebotnik) always tries to motivate me with some encouraging words if we meet on tournaments.

Q: What about other young slovenian players,...I don't know, Kajtazovič, Majerič, Poglajen. What keeps them behind you. Why don't they posses results as good as you?
Polona: Don't know really (*giggles*)...they must have wrong methods of work, maybe lack of talent, lack of motivation for training.

Q: How's your school? Finished 3rd year?
Polona: Still working on that. But professors really try to help me. I'm in sports class at Maribor high school.

Q: Your long term goals are...?
Polona: First goal is TOP 10 let's say 'till 2010.

Q: What is the reason that you made such a quick progress this year?
Polona: Yeah. I made improvements on my fitness and I do posses more attacking way of playing, especially volley and service shots. I don't stay at the baseline so often anymore, try to be more agressive. Let's hope this turns out fine in Wimbledon, because we put a lot of effort in practising this. Last few months were really just volley, service, volley, service and volley once again. And to be honest, you cannot develop attacking style of play if you're not physicaly fit.

Q: Do you have any special superstition?
Polona: Er... not that I would know. I start polishing side/baselines on court when I get nervous (smiles)

Q: What do you do at your free time, if you have any.
Polona: I spend my time on browsing internet,...I also like to go for a walk alone and sometimes I go on a drink downtown with my friends.

Q: I guess there's no time gap for a boyfriend.
Polona: (*a glance to a place where Mima sits*) Not for a serious relationship...

Thank you very much for your time Polona

I did not want to steal her precious time as she had packed schedule today...so the question aren't really that well placed, in my opinion interview is a bit boring. She has a flight to London at 7h25 and will face her first practise on grasscourt tomorrow (good luck Polona!). She's focused, dinamic and sometimes loud on court, but very polite, silent even shy when interviewed. I can't wait till Portorož

Polona Hercog

Jelena Janković

Caroline Wozniacki

Last edited by Hrastar : Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
Hrastar is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #92
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview, best of luck to her
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #93
country flag .:sk:.
Fightiana!!! <3

.:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hrastar for that really nice interview

Cibulkova | Ivanovic | Kirilenko | Azarenka | Lisicki | Malek | Grönefeld | Hercog | Pivovarova

My Stuttgart 2009 pics & vids !!! [thread]
My blog - My YouTube channel
.:sk:. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #94
country flag Hrastar

Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice Hrastar is just really nice

No problem

And now, as I promised, some picks (courtesy of slovenian newspaper INDIREKT)

photo: Matjaž Rušt

Polona Hercog

Jelena Janković

Caroline Wozniacki
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #95
country flag Hrastar

And some more:

Polona Hercog

Jelena Janković

Caroline Wozniacki
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #96
Fightiana!!! <3

.:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet pics Thank you

Cibulkova | Ivanovic | Kirilenko | Azarenka | Lisicki | Malek | Grönefeld | Hercog | Pivovarova

Old Jun 29th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #97
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a few games of Polona's 1st round Wimbledon junior win today, 6-4 6-2 over Misaki Doi. Her game is extremely suited to grass. It is one of the most attractive games I have seen in a young player for a while. Lovely sliced backhand, hits nice and flat, no ballbashing, good at the net, nice touch, definately my kind of player. She is going to be an excellent addition to the main WTA tour when she is ready and I hope she has a great career. I'm already a fan.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #98
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

So she didnt change her backhand Although, slice is quite effective on grass and clay but is suicidal on hard courts.But its nice to see a junior whose game is not based on ball bashing and 0 brain use
Boreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #99
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So she didnt change her backhand Although, slice is quite effective on grass and clay but is suicidal on hard courts.But its nice to see a junior whose game is not based on ball bashing and 0 brain use
I love to see good slice employed on grass. And Polana definately has a very nice sliced backhand. I certainly hope she keeps it in her repartoire. But I'm sure she will use more non-sliced backhands on other surfaces too.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #100
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Polona tomorrow.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM   #101
Fightiana!!! <3

Polona won 6-1 7-6(3) vs. Beatrice Gumulya (INA)

Next: 3rd round vs. Johanna Konta (AUS/10) or Jade Windley (GBR)

Old Jul 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM   #102
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done Polona, way to fight through that second set.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM   #103
Fightiana!!! <3

Polona'll play singles & doubles today,but it's raining at the moment...

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM   #104
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics of Polona

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM   #105
Fightiana!!! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee View Post
credits: adeegee

Closed Thread