Marion Bartoli Flies Through The Field At Flushing Meadows: The US OPEN THREAD!!! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #76
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion Bartoli Flies Through The Field At Flushing Meadows: The US OPEN THREAD!!!

it's always hard for Marion to play top 10 girls since she is not used to playing big events. I really think that her strategy will be more and more effective with the experience. It's how it worked to get the wins over Jankovic and Henin. She only needs more references to know what kind of tactics she has to use.
In the interview, Marion revealed that she intends to work a lot on her forehand, I can't wait to see the result !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #77
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Marion Bartoli Flies Through The Field At Flushing Meadows: The US OPEN THREAD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,AT LEAST you have a good performer in Henman.I teased 'Super M' a while back at how amazing it is that a country which once was NUMBER ONE in a sport has now become a doormat...imagine if the U.S. team couldn't beat Liechtenstein in basketball--and that's roughly equivalent to how far British tennis has fallen.'Super M' referred to this as 'Old Blighty' .Since this is MARION'S blog,perhaps you could send me a private message someday that offered YOUR theories behind the collapse.You guys DID get a mixed doubles title this year...that's not a lot,but it's better than 'nil'.
Blighty is actually an affectionate archaic name for Britain. I think it stems from an old wartime poem or something, hence the sometimes coined phrase by Britons, "dear old Blighty."
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #78
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Match point at the Wimbledon final summed it all up. Do you remember? Marion was almost pushed back and vibrating with the sheer force. She tried to control balls like that.. but omg..

btw, we'll miss our summertime "cummon" Tims. But it was nice to see that he his final slam victory was against his nemesis Tursanov.
Don't know THAT much about Henman except that most folks suggest that he's a 'jolly good chap'.He's CERTAINLY no McEnroe,and I mean that in a KIND way(the Human Being Department).

Like I was saying before,that's why Serena is terrified of clay and offers a sorry litany of excuses for not playing when the season rolls around.I don't enjoy WATCHING clay-court tennis very much but Serena's mentality is that she can't overpower any skilled players on this surface,and she doesn't have the patience or discipline to go through those longer rallies there.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #79

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
it's always hard for Marion to play top 10 girls since she is not used to playing big events. I really think that her strategy will be more and more effective with the experience. It's how it worked to get the wins over Jankovic and Henin. She only needs more references to know what kind of tactics she has to use.
In the interview, Marion revealed that she intends to work a lot on her forehand, I can't wait to see the result !
Thanks Iceland. That's a good point. After all, look how she turned around the Jancovic results, between RG and Wimby. And also with Henin between Eastbourne and Wimby.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #80

Quote:
Gee,I didn't personally measure her...perhaps she was wearing heels that day.
Stands on my Victor Hugo paperback. Perfect.

Last edited by Super_Marion : Sep 4th, 2007 at 10:51 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #81
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It's too bad that Justine couldn't have knocked off that shit-for-brains by-product of a stupid religious cult,Serena,one round earlier so that Marion would still be in the USO.Nothing against Venus,but HER presence means that we still have to endure the soundbite nonsense of the sorry parents who brainwashed the girls with that crap...at least Venus seems to have developed into a fairly classy young lady despite her warped upbringing.

As I've said,it's an embarrassment to the sport when you have a player who jerks around for over half of the year and then shows up at Grand Slams with a mentality that her physical talent somehow ENTITLES her to be a champion without effort,then gets lauded by the spineless ninnies in the TV tennis media.Then when she LOSES,she always provides some bullshit excuse rather than credit her victor because,in her fucked-up,puny mind,she DESERVES to win due to her superior athleticism.True,a champion hates to fall short,but they DON'T offer lame alibis when they fail to get the job done.Serena is merely a superb talent but,no matter HOW many Slams they've won,I cannot consider someone a "champion" when they are a gutless,no-account coward.Justine did all tennis fans a favor,and hopefully Marion will take a few notes for her next encounter with the younger Williams.For now,let me wish SW "Happy Trails" and I invite her to take her idiotic clenched-fist gesture and shove it up her thick 'tracero' ...oh,and when you've translated that from the Spanish,pardon my 'French'.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #82

kaaaaaaay.......

wow.

...is everything ok with you today Bruce Goose?

yes it was quite an amazing result.. and so also Serena's post-match interview, by all accounts

Last edited by Super_Marion : Sep 5th, 2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #83

Quote:
Gee,I didn't personally measure her...perhaps she was wearing heels that day.
Actually I stumbled accross this abandoned Marion Bartoli blog http://community.livejournal.com/marionbartoli/

Funny seeing pics again of Marion from 2 years ago. She looks so young... awww, just a baba

Anyways.. That blog says that she is 5'6". So my memory must have failed me.

*puts Victor Hugo back on the shelf where he belongs, and I dont*

Last edited by Super_Marion : Sep 5th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #84
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
kaaaaaaay.......

wow.

...is everything ok with you today Bruce Goose?

yes it was quite an amazing result.. and so also Serena's post-match interview, by all accounts
As for your other post,I'll enjoy giving Marion whe she qualifies for the YEC even though she's below my preferred,ideal height...back on track,overkill always seems excessive,'Super M',but it CAN get people's attention.I can live with the fact that Serena wants to treat women's tennis like a joke by showing up only for the tournaments that'll bring her the most glory.What's MORE vexing are the psychological tactics that she uses to physically intimidate the European girls such as Marion.Even THIS would be semi-admirable from a strategic viewpoint IF the intimidator were a classy competitior...that's NOT the case.Women are virtually NEVER accused of cowardice,this is almost exclusively reserved for males.Yet that's exactly what Serena is:a bully and a coward.When things are going in her favor she's a fearsome force.When someone stands up to her(e.g.,Henin and a small group of others),though,she shrivels up and suddenly loses all of her fieryness.Now she's crying her eyes out to her stupid,cult-member daddy and they're fabricating excuses again(according to 'Ricky',Serena is 'injured' once more).Nothing against Venus--OR in favor of Jankovic--but it would save us a huge earache if Jelena won since it would get those cultist lowlifes in her family the heck out of NY.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #85
country flag bruce goose

Venus showed impressive character in battling through vs. someone(Jankovic) who had recently dominated her;unlike certain other Americans(hint,hint),she's not just a front-runner...in my opinion,the winner of that semifinal will almost surely take the USO.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #86
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
I know I get alot of stick when I go in my other favourites forums with my name
You are very true when it comes to Maria unlike most blonde models she has flesh on her bones and breasts if only very small
And for the record I am not being horny
You could always change your name to 'sharapovaluvs_bruce goose' if you thought that it might influence Maria somehow...I suspect that she wouldn't be too impressed,though.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #87
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You could always change your name to 'sharapovaluvs_bruce goose' if you thought that it might influence Maria somehow...I suspect that she wouldn't be too impressed,though.
I am sure Maria will benefit from that in many ways!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #88
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
I am sure Maria will benefit from that in many ways!
Thanks ...it would be LOTS of fun to kiss Maria on the lips in a romantic setting if she were honestly receptive to the affection,but she doesn't seem to be a very warm person.Perhaps that's just the side we see of her publicly,and she really is affectionate when she lets her guard down...who knows?However,I'm confident that Marion would purr like a happy kitten if she were kissed by a man who cared for her,and I hope that our gal can find this sort of fulfillment outside of her tennis career.