So is Szavay ready for the big time? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #1
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
So is Szavay ready for the big time?

Since Andrea Temesvari left the game, Hungary has produced quite a few good players that have made it to the top 100 and 50. But none of them seemed to have the stuff that Agnes Szavay has to actually be a dangerous threat to the top players week end and out.

I love this girls attitude and I am concerned about her being injured already when she seems to just be getting started with great results.

But is this girl ready for the big time and will she finally put Hungary on the tennis map again?
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #2
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So is Szavay ready for the big time?

She has certainly improved - her climb up from in the rankings this year definitley show it.

I think she definitley has what it takes to be a Top20 player. She'll improve all the time as she plays the top players more and more.

- definitley the most improved player of the season.
jonny84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #3
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Her forehand is a major weakness.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #4
country flag ThreeDT

ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all ThreeDT is a name known to all

Sure she is! Always great to see a young player come out of nowhere, especially in the Women’s game. It doesn’t happen often anymore with age restrictions etc.

Bring on r32 Vs Petrova US Open 2007!
ThreeDT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #5
country flag stickwitju(ju)

stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all stickwitju(ju) is a name known to all

Hold your horses. Back that thang up. One step at a time. Don't make her Ivanovic II yet. Don't get it twisted. Szavay has Top 20 pote but let's not get ahead of ourselves, buddy.

stickwitju(ju) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #6
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It's not that bad.

She still hits a fair amount of winners with it.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #7
country flag Textor

Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice Textor is just really nice

Agnes needs some time to become more consistent, but she has a huge potential. I think it's out of question. Her body doesn't let her play a 2-3 weeks in a row, either. She has plenty of huge weapons, but there is a room for tactical improvement. Her forehand isn't that bad, but she cannot always keep the pace, and makes mistake. So be patient, she can break into Top 10 by time. I think she can beat every girl on tour.
Textor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #8
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickwitju(ju) View Post
Hold your horses. Back that thang up. One step at a time. Don't make her Ivanovic II yet. Don't get it twisted. Szavay has Top 20 pote but let's not get ahead of ourselves, buddy.

Yeah whateva
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #9
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

She can easily be another Golovin.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 05:19 AM   #10
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeev View Post
Since Andrea Temesvari left the game, Hungary has produced quite a few good players that have made it to the top 100 and 50. But none of them seemed to have the stuff that Agnes Szavay has to actually be a dangerous threat to the top players week end and out.

I love this girls attitude and I am concerned about her being injured already when she seems to just be getting started with great results.

But is this girl ready for the big time and will she finally put Hungary on the tennis map again?
Yes, definitely. She has only just scratched the surface. I just hope the back is good for the Open.
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 05:20 AM   #11
country flag kabuki

kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute kabuki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
No worse than Petrova's, and she was top 3.
kabuki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #12
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think Agnes will recover in time for the Open?

If she does, she has a draw that could allow a major spree.

Personally I love her. Along with Safarova she's my fave of the young players who haven't fully crossed over. And when she and Lucie do, they'll be among my favorite top players. In both cases, their games aren't cookie cutter, and they are fun to watch play.

Curious though whether people think she's burned herself out before the Open, or if she still has it in her to take other players down.

What do you all think?
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #13
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

She's showing strong signs of being able to play with the big girls. The fact that she was crying after retiring in NH shows that she believes she can win those types of matches. The (chronic?) back injury is a huge issue though...as another poster said, could end up struggling just to stay healthy like Tati. But as far as her game and mentality go, I think she could be in the top 20-25 in no time.
Bruno71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #14
country flag RJWCapriati

RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she is

Follow me on twitter @RandyWhite89
RJWCapriati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #15
country flag Slumpsova

Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute Slumpsova has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think she goes far at USO bc her draw is so tough
but good luck in Asian Hardcourts & Indoors
Slumpsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote