Can someone explain Santangelo to me? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #1
country flag howardean

howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all
Can someone explain Santangelo to me?

I watched her whole semi (with Sania, vs. Peschke and Stubbs/Crankypants), and I was rooting for her all the way! However, I really don't understand her game. Her serve was very inconsistent, her groundstrokes are way too flat and whenever she goes for them they seem to go several feet long, and she missed every volley that wasn't right to her. She also was pretty negative and doesn't seem very mobile. Was she having an off day? She's so accomplished as a doubles player, and she's won a singles title, so there's obviously something there, but I just don't see it. What are her strengths? Anyone?
howardean is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:08 AM   #2
country flag DimaDinosaur

DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute DimaDinosaur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can someone explain Santangelo to me?

Nope, you describe her game exactly right. So......um.........yeah now we wait for someone to explain how she's so accomplished.....
DimaDinosaur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #3
country flag howardean

howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all howardean is a name known to all

haha guess so
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #4
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

When she gets her first serve in it can be a weapon, her groundstrokes are very good when they go in as well.
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #5
country flag howardean

but they don't!
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #6
country flag mankind

mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute

Blonde....about 5'8
mankind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 07:30 AM   #7
country flag alexia1huff

alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold

her forehand is the most akward shot i've herever seen, backhand is pretty strange too... Her serve is probably considered a weapon and her forehand is so strange that it may surprise the opponent, it also goes very close the lines and very flat, so it's just if it's her "day" she wins with the better players and on an average day she somehow wins with the lesser players....

Hahahaha is that an explanation??
alexia1huff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #8
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

She hits it very very flat, and when she can get them in consistently she's dangerous. Also she can hit wacky angles...kinda like what Myskina used to do with her shots....that's all I can think of.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #9
country flag Lee-Waters

Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of

And she looks like Tea Leoni
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #10
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-waters View Post
And she looks like Tea Leoni
That's what i've been trying to think up I knew she something was familiar about her, but i couldn't grasp it. Thanks for saying that

Jeff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #11
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Mara is having a lots of problems with her foot and maybe this can't help her confidence
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #12
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i have no idea how she wins! having seen her play several times i wished i hadnt!

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #13
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute

she's got bad feet so that + height explains why she isnt a good mover.
Official Masseur of the Jelena Clinic
Djokovic, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Baghdatis, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #14
country flag Lee-Waters

Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of Lee-Waters has much to be proud of

You're welcome Jeff The first time i saw her play i noticed the resemblance!
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #15
country flag unkowilly

unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice

She's dangerous on grass with that flat ground stroke. She's can be a factor on carpet too. Her forehand resembles Steffi's. I can't believe she grew up playing on claycourt because nowhere in her game can you see top spin.
unkowilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote