US Open 2007 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #1
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of
US Open 2007

I thought it was time we had a thread for the USO....anything & everything

So I'll start

YahooSports has a great video of Jim Courier talking about Maria that is very postive...

Has anyone heard of Justine's shoulder injury...?

Keep a look out, it seems like alot of players are making tv apperences this week before the USO begins, so we should be seeing Maria on some shows or the topic of discussion....you would think.
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:54 PM   #2
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open 2007

Draw is out:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ws/index.html
Chakvetadze and Vaidisova in Maria's quarter.
Likely semi with Kuznetsova or Nadia.
Not a bad draw at all.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #3
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute

the top half
Vaidisova and Anna are in her quarter
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM   #4
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankov View Post
the top half
Vaidisova and Anna are in her quarter
Anna is Maria's bitch.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:16 PM   #5
country flag Mike_from_Russia
Premium member

Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold

Well, the draw is pretty good i think! Vaidisova in 4th round, then Anna Ch. Nadia or Sveta in SF. Both Williams sisters are in the top half. Yeah, good draw!
Good luck at the final Grand Slam of the year, Maria! COME ON!
Mike_from_Russia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM   #6
country flag Jacey

Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of Jacey has much to be proud of

it looks like a pretty good draw....for Maria. Ivanovic, Jankovic, both Williams not in Maria's half.....let the Maria bashing begin....you guys know we're never gonna hear the end of this....blah blah blah. Maria gets another cakewalk, she's got no compitetion, you know all the bullcrap.....but oh well its great news!
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM   #7
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what all the hollering is about. There are very tough players in Maria's quarter--Chakvetadze, Mirza, who has been red-hot on the hardcourts this summer, Paszek the "future world #1", Radwanska...

That's not easy. For the first 4 rounds, Maria's draw is as hard as anyone's. I think she did get a bit lucky in drawing Kuznetsova/Petrova in the semi slot, rather than Jankovic, but all in all, it isn't a cakewalk.

More important than her draw is whether her shoulder and shin injuries are any better.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 05:58 PM   #8
country flag swissmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Masha View Post
I'm not sure what all the hollering is about. There are very tough players in Maria's quarter--Chakvetadze, Mirza, who has been red-hot on the hardcourts this summer, Paszek the "future world #1", Radwanska...

That's not easy. For the first 4 rounds, Maria's draw is as hard as anyone's. I think she did get a bit lucky in drawing Kuznetsova/Petrova in the semi slot, rather than Jankovic, but all in all, it isn't a cakewalk.

More important than her draw is whether her shoulder and shin injuries are any better.
As far as draws go, it's decent. You can't say the bottom half is as tough as the top half.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:01 PM   #9
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

pretty decent draw... couldnt ask for anything more. i would have loved maria to have the toughest draw, ie venus, serena, ana, jelena etc. just to prove that she doesnt have easy draws and can beat those players but i can settle for this!!

only early scare is if she comes up agaisnt peer or vaidisova.. both players will be so up for facing her, not only because its maria but because she's the defending champion! either way there should be some great matches!!!

go maria! win the last slam of the year!!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:04 PM   #10
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future

vamos Masha hope she wins , I also mike from Russia likes Masha and Nadal .
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:10 PM   #11
country flag Princeza
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa

Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute Princeza has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos!
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM   #12
country flag Il Primo!
Number 1 Veeshabator in the game for a minute

Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute

If she doesn't reach the final, it's a huge deception, to me.
Il Primo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM   #13
country flag Rod the Bama

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future

The draw looks very favorable for Maria. She might have a challenge in a potential matchup against Nicole in the round of 16, which i would love to see. I really like Maria`s chances of repeating as champion.

Rod`s Angels: Caroline, Ana, Flavia, Dani, Ula and Sabine

Rod the Bama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM   #14
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I love Maria's draw. Pretty comfortable way right to the final. I will be disappointed if she loses earlier.
Good luck Maria

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM   #15
country flag Steve-o

Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute

Nice draw, bottom half is definitely the place to be. Maria should go deep if her body holds up.
Steve-o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote