What's up with Sybille Bammer? What's the issue? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What's the deal with Bammer?

She’s superfit and trains like a real professional but she just seems to lack natural talent. 3 15.00%
She lacks a big weapon – even lefty-spinners have to back it up with some power. 5 25.00%
She’s an excellent athelete, very fit and takes it seriously, but she’s just not gifted enough. 3 15.00%
Sadly she’s not a natural shotmaker. Sure, she works hard and her fitness is unquestioned, but you can’t try your way to the top-10. 4 20.00%
She’s industrious and committed. She works really hard on her fitness. What she perhaps lacks is natural ability and instinctiveness. 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #1
country flag baleineau

baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future baleineau has a brilliant future
Question What's up with Sybille Bammer? What's the issue?

I ask this because she seems to have hit a new height this last year or so, breaking into the top-50 for real and now possibly heading for a top-20 year-end finish. what do you think of her game? I think she lacks talent. I've seen a lot of her matches now, and whilst she's hard-working, her game seems a bit mechnical and manufactured, and it would seem she's at the top because she's mega-fit. Your thoughts?
You have long been my goal, been my chasing, been my soul. I have hung out on the edge. But I just couldn't let go. There's a time to forgive. There's a time to forget. Close your eyes, get ready, set. Walk me down this fall I'm taking but don't let me go yet. Oh let me go, sweetheart, throw me, around you, like you know me. And remember me too. Remember me too from a dream i had of you. Mary Margaret O'Hara | Dream I Had | Apartment Hunting | 2002.
baleineau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #2
country flag Shepster

Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute Shepster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's up with Sybille Bammer? What's the issue?

I saw her in Stanford against Mirza and in Toronto against Jankovic. Both times she lost but I can see how she beats players without many weapons. She's got a consistency and works the ball around nicely and is in great shape but when she comes up against someone with weapons or someone who does what she does but better she loses. She also plays as many tournaments as Jankovic, which helps with the ranking.

Learning to love/Liking the look of...
Zakopalova : Lucic : Krajicek : Cetkovska : Cibulkova
Gajdosova : Govortsova : Olaru : Robson : Pliskova
Shepster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #3
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

she isnt a natuaral talent. she worked hard for where she is now
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #4
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute

All 5 options are quite the same..
I like her, she's not a top10 material..but top20 for sure.
I think she's not in her best form at the momment..

Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #5
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

is it just me or are all five options more or less the same
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #6
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute

I just think hard work has paid off for her. She's won her first title and reached a Tier I SF (Indian Wells) this year, as well as remian consistent. She has beaten Ivanovic, Golovin and Hantuchova. She's put in hard work and its obviously paid off.
jonny84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #7
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

you have to have natural talent to play tennis at a high level.

i just don't think she has a weapon. she's fit and consistent, but that can only get you so far.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #8
country flag Wayn77

Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute

Great athlete, good all-round player in the 25-30 bracket.

I find Bammer's submissive game rather bland and uninspiring - a bit like Austrian football teams over the years (no offence intended).

Sybille is a competitive opponent: but when she's behind in the match, has to come out of her comfort zone and press - the Bam Bam UEs start to fly.
Wayn77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #9
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dersu Uzala View Post
Great athlete, good all-round player in the 25-30 bracket.

I find Bammer's submissive game rather bland and uninspiring - a bit like Austrian football teams over the years (no offence intended).

Sybille is a competitive opponent: but when she's behind in the match, has to come out of her comfort zone and press - the Bam Bam UEs start to fly.
good one its true
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #10
country flag Hantu515

Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of Hantu515 has much to be proud of

I've always been impressed with her, I watched her 06 match against Venus at the French and even though she lost, she was still playing quite well. Sure she doesn't have the best of anything but she's got a solid everything and doesn't have spirts of awful tennis.
Cornet - Zakopalova - Cirstea
Lisicki - Medina Garrigues - Bondarenko
K.Kucova - Cibulkova - Wienerova
Hantu515 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 12:00 AM   #11
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Your poll options

Seriously Sybille played like garbage against Jelena, absolute garbage. So many UEs.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 12:10 AM   #12
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is it just me or are all five options more or less the same
When I read them I just wanted to write that
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM   #13
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

I could vote for 4 options They're all so similar

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote