S1 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S1 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

The Championships, Wimbledon

Week 12, Grass Grand Slam, Draw Size 32

Wimbledon, GBR - Welcome to Wimbledon, and the third Grand Slam of the season, so far France have claimed both majors, and it's looking likely that a third will go the same way with Amelie Mauresmo dominating on the lawns, with Tamarine Tanasugarn hot on her heels, still anything can happen at a Slam, so keep it here for what should be an exciting week!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S1 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

Aces To Play

Bartoli - 0
Benesova - 0
Bremond - 4
Camerin - 0
Capriati - 1
Cibulkova - 0
Chakvetadze - 2
Davenport - 4
Dechy - 2
Dementieva - 0
Dominguez Lino - 2
Golovin - 1
Harkleroad - 0
Jankovic - 1
Krajicek - 3
Kirilenko - 3
Kutuzova - 3
Molik - 4
Mauresmo - 4
Myskina - 0
Medina Garrigues - 0
Paszek - 0
Peer - 2
Pennetta - 3
Rezai - 1
Safarova - 1
Sharapova - 2
Sprem - 0
Tanasugarn - 4
Washington - 3
V. Williams - 1
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #3

Draw

Marion Bartoli(1) v Bye
Flavia Pennetta v Mashona Washington
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Maria Kirilenko
Lindsay Davenport v Ashley Harkleroad(6)

Venus Williams(8) v Maria Sharapova
Shahar Peer v Tatiana Golovin
Maria Elena Camerin v Jennifer Capriati
Elena Dementieva v Severine Bremond(3)

Anabel Medina Garrigues(4) v Aravane Rezai
Viktoriya Kutuzova v Anastasia Myskina
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Jelena Jankovic
Tamira Paszek v Amelie Mauresmo(5)

Lucie Safarova(7) v Anna Chakvetadze
Iveta Benesova v Michaella Krajicek
Dominika Cibulkova v Karolina Sprem
Alicia Molik v Nathalie Dechy(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Aug 19th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #4

OOP

Tuesday - R32

Wednesday - R16

Thursday - QFs

Friday - SFs and F
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #5

Player Of The Week

Maria Kirilenko

Congrats Masha She deserves it after all her epic wins (and losses ) and her run to the semis in Eastbourne has finally sealed the POTW award for her and gives her an extra ace to use at Wimbledon

Last edited by The Daviator : Aug 18th, 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Amelie is clearly the favourite for the title after compiling a 13-1 record in the three grass warm-ups, she's an intelligent player and with 4 aces is tough to beat, but how will she cope with the pressure of being favourite? Tamarine remains her greatest threat after having an impressive grass season herself, and as for Severine, her coach's absence has hampered her, but she still has 4 aces, and should not be underestimated.

The Contenders

Venus has really impressed me these past few weeks, and with her best surface still yet to come a few wins here would really be a bonus, Maria can get tight at the key stages but is a real fighter, and with her extra ace, could be dangerous, finally there's Lindsay, she's struggling with her confidence, but she can surprise if she uses her aces wisely.

The Dark Horses

The 'I Better Include Them Or They'll Be Annoyed' Players

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Aug 18th, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #7
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

since a french player has to win - well done Amelie in advance
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #8

Aces, OOP, POTW and preview posted

Remember, article points double at Slams (we haven't had many recently ), and there'll be live scoring from the QFs onwards
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #9

I have the top two seeds as 'dangerous floaters'

I'll edit
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #10
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farina Elia Fan View Post
since a french player has to win - well done Amelie in advance
I sense you are trying to jinx moi?

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #11
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Even_Amateur View Post
I sense you are trying to jinx moi?

you are favourite in two slams this week
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #12
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post

The 'I Better Include Them Or They'll Be Annoyed' Players

Last edited by Farina Elia Fan : Aug 18th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #13
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...the favourite(predicted by Dav) to win the grand slam will be likely to lose in the first 2 rounds,as proved by the last two slams.
I hope Momo will actually win it though! Break the curse!
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #14
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farina Elia Fan View Post

you are favourite in two slams this week
It is actually three

If I don't win one of them I will go beserk. All I ask for is one of them. It has to be.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniswatcher88 View Post
Hmm...the favourite(predicted by Dav) to win the grand slam will be likely to lose in the first 2 rounds,as proved by the last two slams.
I hope Momo will actually win it though! Break the curse!
Everyone I've predicted to win has lost their opening match Sorry in advance Momo