Is China´s time of domination about to begin? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #1
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Is China´s time of domination about to begin?

There was a time when duos from countries led to domination, f.e. Belgium or now Serbia. Next to that, America dropped their no1 status in teams to Russia or France.

Now, China has a big time. Li exploded, then their doubles teams. Then Peng defeated Clijsters in San Diego years ago. We had Zheng. Is it time now that Yan leads 3-5 Chinese singles players to the top 35? They have such clean and hard hitting groundstrokes.

When will China have a top10 player? I believe that they could very well have 4-5 top40 players at the end of this year.
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #2
country flag SIN DIOS NI LEY

SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is China´s time of domination about to begin?

I don´t think so
SIN DIOS NI LEY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #3
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCologne View Post
There was a time when duos from countries led to domination, f.e. Belgium or now Serbia. Next to that, America dropped their no1 status in teams to Russia or France.

Now, China has a big time. Li exploded, then their doubles teams. Then Peng defeated Clijsters in San Diego years ago. We had Zheng. Is it time now that Yan leads 3-5 Chinese singles players to the top 35? They have such clean and hard hitting groundstrokes.

When will China have a top10 player? I believe that they could very well have 4-5 top40 players at the end of this year.
Na Li = Hard? Sure. Clean?

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #4
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

2008 Will be their biggest opportunity to show their tennis on a big stage, being that all the Chinese girls will be clamoring to make the Olympic team. I think they'll win some titles.

The problem is, I (maybe it's just me) have never seen a Chinese girl and thought she'd go onto win a major (or several). Neither of the Serb girls have even won majors, and they've been knocking on the door for quite a while longer.

And oh, USA has given up very little to France.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #5
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute

HELL NO! They will continue to hurt their games by telling them what to do! Get real! A fat no no!
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #6
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone thought this a while back.

Its true that China has got some excellent players :

Tian Tian Sun
Jie Zheng
Na Li
Zi Yan

but the problems lie in injuries, and whether they are allowed to play in certain tournaments. The Chinese Tennis Association is quite restrictive and could be too constructive to allow its players to have an optimum career.
jonny84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #7
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Yan is having a wonderful week, and I can appreciate the elation --- but let's settle down to earth .
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #8
country flag thetennisutopian

thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 View Post
Yan is having a wonderful week, and I can appreciate the elation --- but let's settle down to earth .
I agree... Yan's success is no indication of the future. If anything the Chinese have been in a downward spiral the whole year.

thetennisutopian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #9
country flag 1star

1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of 1star has much to be proud of

Tennis is not the mainstream sport in China now, a lot of girls choose to play volleyball and bedminton.

Maybe 10 or 20 years later,China will dominte in tennis?

~Martina Hingis Li Na Kim Clijsters~

Yuan MengPeng ShuaiLi Ting Sun TianTianZheng Jie Yan Zi
AiSugiyamaLindsay DavenportSerenaWilliamsVenus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo Mary Pierce
Justine Henin Svetlana Kuznetsova

Anna ChakvetadzeNicole VadisovaYung Jan Chan
1star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM   #10
country flag Pengwin

Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute

Overreaction.
Pengwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #11
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they'd stage a revolt against CTF and go their own separate ways. I think all of them have loads of potential and i won't be suprised if in a decade we have as many Chinese in the top 20 as we have Russians now.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #12
country flag jisung

jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of jisung has much to be proud of

don't say that, It's far away
but there should be more Chinese girls in WTA tour
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #13
country flag thetennisutopian

thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all thetennisutopian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
I wish they'd stage a revolt against CTF and go their own separate ways. I think all of them have loads of potential and i won't be suprised if in a decade we have as many Chinese in the top 20 as we have Russians now.
Mass exodus from China... they'd be ripe for the picking. Maybe the British can pick one up and make a champion out of 'em.

I can definitely see that being the case though. Right now it doesn't look like that and it won't for a while... they need a Kournikova to propel the Chinese name.

thetennisutopian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #14
country flag jdyshrky

jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold jdyshrky is a splendid one to behold

It's only a matter of time though. It was the huge shift in Eastern Europe that caused the huge explosion of tennis in places like Russia. If we assume the Chinese are going to relax some of their policies and Westernise even further then expect the same. Perhaps on a slightly larger scale considering their current population is approximately 1,319,704,000.
I was practicing with Venus in Florida, and she was just killing me. I'm kind of glad she didn't make it, for my sake (laughter). You can't sleep on her because she's playing unbelievable. I got to take my chance now while she's out because when she's coming back, she's really playing like she's playing with no fear and she's practicing really hard. Yeah, she's playing unbelievable. > Serena Williams AO '07
jdyshrky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #15
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCologne View Post

Let China get first a player into the world´s top ten, or reach important rounds at grand slam events, before even trying to call it a "domination".
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote