Jelena Jankovic will never ever ever get tired? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #1
country flag unkowilly

unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice
Jelena Jankovic will never ever ever get tired?

How many tournaments has she played so far this year? If she keeps on playing at the pace she has, how many tournaments will she have played at the end of the year. 40? She's one of those people who never get fatigued. I'm not questioning her ranking or saying she doesn't deserve her current ranking. I have no doubt that she has earn it and has every right to be complemented on that. I'm just wondering if there's been any girl who played as much as she does in a year. I remember Amanda Coezter played quite many but not as many as Jankobich does. Well, she's probably the toughest ever on the tour.
unkowilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #2
country flag mankind

mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic will never ever ever get tired?

She already has gotten tired. Refer to Wimbledon this year. And she weeks she had off after.
mankind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #3
country flag unkowilly

unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice unkowilly is just really nice

I think she plays too much. I'm afraid she may get bored of the sport if she continues to play at this pace. I think it wouldn't hurt her a bit with a couple weeks' off.
unkowilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #4
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Jelena has talked about having played too much and being burnt out since S'Hertogenbosch. She's going to have a lighter schedule in the fall and hopefully next year, that is, if she doesn't act like a kid in a candy store with tournament sign-ups.

How come no one asks if Marion's tired or played too much? She's played more tournies than JJ and is in the top 10 now.

Oh, and JJ's already had "a couple weeks off"...she likely needs a couple more tho.
Bruno71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #5
country flag hectopascal

hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkowilly View Post
How many tournaments has she played so far this year? If she keeps on playing at the pace she has, how many tournaments will she have played at the end of the year. 40? She's one of those people who never get fatigued. I'm not questioning her ranking or saying she doesn't deserve her current ranking. I have no doubt that she has earn it and has every right to be complemented on that. I'm just wondering if there's been any girl who played as much as she does in a year. I remember Amanda Coezter played quite many but not as many as Jankobich does. Well, she's probably the toughest ever on the tour.
I hope that was a spelling mistake!

One of the reasons she plays so much is because she doesn't like training, so she prefers to play matches, which is good for getting match tough (but I hope she takes some time off to improve her serve).
hectopascal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #6
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future

I don't understand her , she's damaging herself , and then do nothing so high in grand slams .
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #7
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I don't understand her , she's damaging herself , and then do nothing so high in grand slams .
2 semifinals aren't high enough? Her draws aren't as easy as Maria's have been lately.
Bruno71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #8
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkowilly View Post
I think it wouldn't hurt her a bit with a couple weeks' off.
She already did that.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #9
country flag darkangel23

darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of darkangel23 has much to be proud of

She played RG SF, won in Birmingham and Runner up in s'Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon no wonder she is tired! She won't play Stuttgart like in 2006 that's for sure
Good luck to: Pironkova, Karatantcheva, Peng, Krajicek, Dushevina, Vesnina, Cetkovska, K&A Bondarenko, Oudin, Cornet, Tatishvili, Cibulkova, Olaru, Niculescu, Cirstea, Kleybanova, Larcher de Brito, Robson, Zahlavova Strycova, Rogowska, Marino... Would be even more...
In Loving Memory
M.Seles M.Hingis A.Myskina N.Vaidisova M.Pierce T.Golovin J.Hénin K.Clijsters
darkangel23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #10
country flag alexia1huff

alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold alexia1huff is a splendid one to behold

here we go again, this thread is so 2 months ago!!! If you would have followed you would have known! She didn't play this week that's a break too!
alexia1huff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #11
country flag TLP

TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold TLP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankind View Post
She already has gotten tired. Refer to Wimbledon this year. And she weeks she had off after.
Jelena mentioned that she felt worn out in the second set against Justine last week. Both girls gave tremendous effort in that match.
TLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #12
country flag marycarillosucks

marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice marycarillosucks is just really nice

I don't expect Jankovic to have a long career. Maybe only 2-3 more years and then burnout.
marycarillosucks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #13
country flag Max565

Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future Max565 has a brilliant future

She hasn't been playing that much these days really... I thought she would win the US Open series because she usually plays so much...
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #14
country flag E.Dementieva_FAN

E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute E.Dementieva_FAN has a reputation beyond repute

I think Jelena will enter 2 tournaments on a week in the next year.
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #15
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno71 View Post
2 semifinals aren't high enough? Her draws aren't as easy as Maria's have been lately.
I mean she's 22 , she must think more of winning grand slam than ranking , and this's nothing related to Masha.
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote