What if Razzano finally became more consistent? How high could she get? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #1
country flag floco

floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future
What if Razzano finally became more consistent? How high could she get?

We know what the problem has been for Virginie for years... consistency. We also know that when on, she can beat almost anyone (and when off, she can lose to almost anyone as well...)
She has been able to get a few good wins a row lately, so I was wondering... if she improved in the consistency department, how good could Virginie really be? Top 20? Better?

Dodin - Kuznetsova - Rezai - Razzano - Mladenovic - Cornet - Garcia - Zheng - Hesse - Sibille
floco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #2
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What if Razzano finally became more consistent? How high could she get?

oh god, but i hate her so much!!!!
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #3
country flag floco

floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future floco has a brilliant future

I love her!! She is so fun to watch

Dodin - Kuznetsova - Rezai - Razzano - Mladenovic - Cornet - Garcia - Zheng - Hesse - Sibille
floco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #4
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by floco View Post
if she improved in the consistency department, how good could Virginie really be? Top 20? Better?
I think even beter. Her countrywoman Dechy could get to No. 11 I think...frankly, I see no reason why she couldn't reach Top 10 IF she improeved her consistency.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #5
country flag NeeemZ

NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future NeeemZ has a brilliant future

I don't see Virginie being consistent with her form. I'd like to be proven wrong though.
NeeemZ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:56 AM   #6
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeemZ View Post
I don't see Virginie being consistent with her form. I'd like to be proven wrong though.
it's a what if she did how would she do question not can she be consistent

anyways....i actually think she could be top 15 material IF she could be consistent.....she has some punishing strokes when they are on

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #7
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Like Bam Bam I feel Razzano has a nice all around game but I don't feel she can just finish points on a wimp like most of the top 20.

If this was two years ago I might say she has a chance to get in the top 12 but the top 20 is packed right now.
She would be lucky to make the top 20.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #8
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

Razzano's got a great game. People may disregard her win over Hingis at the USO last year but she played SUCH magnificent tennis, and I've seen strains of that the past two weeks as well.

But I'm with stupid ^, if she could crack the top 20 I'd be surprised. I don't think she has it in her, but feel free to prove me wrong.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #9
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Top 20 if she bacame consistent with her game, but its hard to see it happening, she's so up and down and hot and cold. She can be great, having some fine wins in these past 2 weeks, but not too long ago she lost to Meusburger in straights on grass .

She destroyed Hingis last year, totally outhitting her. She was going to toe to toe with Kuznetsova at Wimbledon 04 and ended up beating her playing some outrageously good tennis, and had Henin on the ropes in Miami this year. She has the game and the talent, thats for sure. The consistency and mental stamina are a different matter.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #10
country flag HammerGirl

HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice HammerGirl is just really nice

She wasted her talent sofar really. She could have had much more success.
HammerGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:12 AM   #11
country flag CaptnMatt

CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of CaptnMatt has much to be proud of

I remember watching the Hingis/Razzano match at the US Open last year and thinking ''this girl can REALLY hit the ball well''.....Hingis wasn't at her best....but Razzano really impressed me....if she played like that all the time she'd be top 10 I have no doubt.
CaptnMatt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #12
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute

I personally was impressed watching Virginie live in Los Angeles. I have no idea if she'll keep it together, but there's no doubt that she has a great game. She is quite a big girl and can hit with power. What impressed me though, is how well she changes direction of the ball, especially her backhand. She also has a professional look and attitude on court.

Jeff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #13
country flag tobi
Vamorza!

tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute tobi has a reputation beyond repute

Virginie at her best is a joy to watch and for sure she has top 20 potential.

But as we all know she isnt consistent enough to get there also she wasnt lucky with injuries either.

I would love to see her in top 20 and great she is having great results lately hopefully she can keep it up this kind of form and consistency for long period of time.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #14
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I think even beter. Her countrywoman Dechy could get to No. 11 I think...frankly, I see no reason why she couldn't reach Top 10 IF she improeved her consistency.
Sheesh, don't know why everyone's always hating on Dechy. She's rock solid in her game and demeanor and makes so few unforced errors playing an old school all court game.

I wonder why she's n ot appreciated like Amy Frazier was.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #15
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Virginie hits too flat to be consistent.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote