Top100 players by country since the beginning of the wta ranking - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM   #46
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of
Re: Top100 players by country since the beginning of the wta ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Natasha Chmyreva was probably the biggest prospect Soviet/Russian tennis has ever had.
In 1975 she won girls titles at Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open but Soviet officials didn't allow her train and play tournaments abroad and after 1976 she just disappeared from tennis horizon
In the year 1977 the career of Morozova and Chmyreva ended because the soviet Union took them off of the circuit because of the boykott against South Africa. The official rankings started in 1975.

In the beginning of the 80's Natasha tried a come back, but not very succesfull and very short.

I think in a way she's a victim of the cold war - that destroyed a probably very big career...

In 1976 she reached the Quarterfinal of the US Open and she played quite succesfull at the Virginia Slim circuit too.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #47
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko View Post
[b][color="Navy"]
FRANCE : 40 players

Sophie Amiach (57), Marion Bartoli (11), Céline Beigbeder (84), Séverine Brémond (34), Marie-Christine Calleja (94), Amélie Cocheteux (55), Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (61), Alizé Cornet (94), Alexia Dechaume-Balleret (46), Nathalie Dechy (11), Isabelle Demongeot (35), Françoise Durr (9), Stéphanie Foretz (62), Nathalie Fuchs, Alexandra Fusai (37), Léa Ghirardi (73), Tatiana Golovin (16), Julie Halard-Decugis (8), Nathalie Herreman (42), Emilie Loit (27), Gail Lovera, Amélie Mauresmo (1), Catherine Mothes (67), Sybile Niox-Château (94), Pascale Paradis-Mangon (20), Mary Pierce (3), Camille Pin (61), Sarah Pitkowski-Malcor (29), Karine Quentrec (45), Virginie Razzano (35), Aravane Rezaï (40), Anne-Gaëlle Sidot (24), Brigitte Simon-Glinel, Catherine Suire (52), Catherine Tanvier (20), Nathalie Tauziat (3), Sandrine Testud (9), Frédérique Thibault, Corinne Vanier (62), Noëlle Van Lottum (57)

and now pauline Parmentier (60)

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #48
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Austria 16 players!

For a little country very good

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #49
country flag matpaw88

matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold matpaw88 is a splendid one to behold

Poland ??

Agnieszka Radwańska
Marta
Domachowska
Joanna Sakowicz
Anna Korzeniak
Alicja Rosolska
matpaw88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #50
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

Updated with Belarus, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine…

Next to come : Italia, Croatia, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Czech Republic + Czechoslovakia, U.S.S.R and former Yougoslavia

I’m keeping the big ones of Australia and USA for the end

Thanks by advance if you can help me to find the rankings for players lacking this information, feel free to remind me the players I forgot (for Sweden and Great Britain for example)
janko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #51
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

Updated with new entries + Australia, South Africa, Russia and Italia

I'm going to finish with USA

Help and corrections welcome!

Last edited by janko : Mar 11th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #52
country flag janko

It took me a long time but the list is completed!

Making the USA was the big part but I'm quite satisfied

I will try to improve it again, updating when I can and trying to find the missing players and rankings.

Thanks again for the past and the future help
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #53
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

Mima Jaušovec is slovenian, not Yougoslavian (anymore) but great list
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #54
country flag janko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes View Post
Mima Jaušovec is slovenian, not Yougoslavian (anymore) but great list
Thanks.

Yes, she is, but always played for former Yougoslavia on Tour if I'm not wrong. That's why she's not appearing in the slovenian list, but maybe I could add her.
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #55
country flag janko

Updated before the FO

A lot of changes may appeared after this GS, many points to gain to get into the top 100 or have a better ranking
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #56
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

why isnt Seles counted as serbian ???
she became American after 1993 ??
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #57
country flag janko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce View Post
why isnt Seles counted as serbian ???
she became American after 1993 ??
Because she played for Yougoslavia until 1993
Old May 26th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #58
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Stephanie Dubois is 95th this week (100th before)
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #59
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

When did the rankings begin?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #60
country flag janko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
When did the rankings begin?
3 November, 1975