Johanna-Jenny Larsson - Page 123 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #1831
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
I hearby place Australia under an interdiction for their crimes and blasphemies

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #1832
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johanna-Jenny Larsson

brave Jo-La lost to Vika 6:7(2) 2:6

Last edited by paulmara : Jan 26th, 2014 at 07:03 AM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:37 PM   #1833
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad match from Johanna, not her best though...

Positive signs for the rest of the year, not her best surface and she still gave #2 a challenge.

Backhand looks more and more steady and the forehand had great depth today which allowed Jo-La to be successful

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #1834
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I like the way Wilson has her using that deep slice to neutralize her tendency to get a lot little wild on the backhand side. With her speed, she can cover most returns of that shot.

Her serve was pretty consistent, too. Hopefully that's a permanent change. Really, aside from her inability to convert the big points--which is always going to be tough in a match where you're a massive underdog--you couldn't have asked much more from Jo-La.

Hopefully she'll move forward with a lot of confidence, because she really did play well enough to beat most of the women she's likely to face this year. Had the draw been the least bit kind to her she'd most likely be in Rnd 2.

Let's hope this is the beginning of a return to her 2011 form. It looks like she has added a few new tools to her kit and what she really needs now is the confidence to use them. This was actually a good result for her under the circumstances, and I hope she sees it that way. If she plays at this level consistently she'll be back in the Top 50 by mid-year.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #1835
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Johanna is back in Sweden according to her FB page. I assume that means she's going to be playing in Europe and not Asia, and that indoor training won't mess with her acclimatizing to conditions.

I hate that she has to take such a break after seeming to find something of a groove, albeit in a losing cause.

Stupid draw. She played well enough she could have gotten another match or two under her belt.

She does make that Adidas outfit look nice, though.

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #1836
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
according to her FB page
I don´t see anything. Do I have to be her facebook friend? It is not fair. I´m friend of Jo-La.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #1837
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Yeah, but she friended me, so she's obviously not very picky.

Our sweet Jo-La is not always the best with technology. She (or somebody in her camp) set her Facebook up as a personal page not a public figure page.

I just remember when she blogged about her struggles to figure out Twitter. Johanna has a really nice, self-deprecating sense of humor, one of the many reasons to like her. It's a shame she doesn't blog/post more often.

Old Jan 21st, 2014, 07:39 AM   #1838
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our sweet Jo-La is not always the best with technology. She (or somebody in her camp) set her Facebook up as a personal page not a public figure page.
IIRC they only got steam power in Norrland last year. Give them time.
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:59 PM   #1839
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Håkon View Post
IIRC they only got steam power in Norrland last year. Give them time.
Yes. I believe prior to that Jo-La's hotness was their primary source of heat.

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:49 PM   #1840
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Jo-La is in Paris and ready for qualifying.

Let's go Jojo!!!!

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #1841
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot Jo was playing here, Peer in Q1 - could actually be tricky, you never know Peer can play really good sometimes and dreadful at other times...

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #1842
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Jo took care of Peer 6-2, 7-5.

Had to follow it on Livescore, so I'm not sure how Jo looked. She did have some aces(!) and dominated the early going. Was up 3-0 in the second. Don't know if she got tight at that point, or if Peer picked it up, or both, but Peer pulled even before Jo-La took control from 5-5.

All-in-all, a good showing IMHO. She looked good, and got it back together under pressure against a player who was once in the Top 20 and was, as the #5 seed in qualifying, expected to beat Jojo.

Hopefully she can keep up this level of play.

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #1843
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

Quote:
Jo took care of Peer 6-2, 7-5.

Had to follow it on Livescore, so I'm not sure how Jo looked. She did have some aces(!) and dominated the early going. Was up 3-0 in the second. Don't know if she got tight at that point, or if Peer picked it up, or both, but Peer pulled even before Jo-La took control from 5-5.

All-in-all, a good showing IMHO. She looked good, and got it back together under pressure against a player who was once in the Top 20 and was, as the #5 seed in qualifying, expected to beat Jojo.

Hopefully she can keep up this level of play.
A good win for Johanna, she was 2-0 down first set so won 6 games in a row to take set 1! Hopefully another win today against Dolonc.

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #1844
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPOSSIBLE View Post
today against Dolonc.
Jo-La was a break down but took the first set 6:4
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #1845
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Jo-La was a break down but took the first set 6:4
* twice recovered from a break down

Jo-La held to start set 2