Oona Orpana - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2015, 02:44 PM   #1
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Oona Orpana

I figured I'd start an Thread for Oona, even though it might be still an bit early.

Oona Orpana is currently the #7 U-14 Player in Tennis Europe but has been as high as #6 U-14, Oona Orpana is one of the current rising stars player coming out of Finland & seem too be a very promising bright prospect, for sure. She only 14 yr old and she Train at Jarkko Nieminen Tennis Academy, so far she hasn't made an big impact on the 18&U Junior tour, she currently ranked 822 but hopefully that will change soon . As far as her game style her Backhand is her biggest weapon so far from what i seen from video's she hit greats BHDTL & Cross Court, Her serve is pretty decent but can improve and get better, and her Forehand so far is her biggest weakness in her game although it seem to be improving as of late and she can flatten her FH out when the ball land short in the court. Overall she remind me of an mimi Caro Wozniacki, just with an bit more of an aggressive mind fame.

Biography

Name: Oona Orpana
Born: January 21, 2001 (14 years old)
Birth Place: Finland
Height: N/A
Right Handed: (Double Handed Backhand)
Coach: Olli Leppänen & Federico Ricci
Trains: JNTA Tennis Academy
Age Started Tennis: 5
Favorite Surface: N/A
Favourite Player: N/A
Career High WTP Ranking:
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 807

Titles Won & Achievements

2013 12&U SEB Tallink Junior Open
2013 12&U Plavnieki Open
2014 14&U Toyota Cup 2014
2014 14&U TE Lidingö 2014
2014 16&U Kaleva Open
2014 16&U Pajulahti Junior Tournament
2014 14&U Jufa ÖTV 2014 Europe Junior Tour

Double

2013 12&U Plavnieki Open
2014 16&U Pajulahti Junior Tournament

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews

Last edited by Trey : Feb 12th, 2015 at 01:53 AM.
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2015, 02:57 PM   #2
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oona Orpana

A life in tennis terms: "It Is time to put ittemme liriin"

Quote:
The family to provide support, and talented Erica Orpana, 13, not just focus on playing and practicing

Young tennis promise, Oona Orpanan, 13, life changed completely in just over a year ago. The family put the Hamina-apartment lease and moved to Helsinki. Oona yläasteeseen, Haaga, the school switched to the familiar and tennis training came to share more.

The father of Niko Orpanalle migration was pretty painless, unless you count the prices compared to the expensive housing in Helsinki, Hamina. He works at Steveco Oy Eagle and Vuosaari shipyards and is able to share the day with between two places. The mother of Ali was forced to disassociate itself from the Hamina Energy Orpana's work as a sales manager.

"We are ittemme time liriin put on. We have a normal blanket guarantee or a conditional working family, "Niko Orpana says, but none so that it place your whining. On The Contrary.

What is the question?

Orpanan family sacrificing all of their energies to better training conditions and the tennis career of Onam construction.

Prior to this, Willow had time to rehearse the Oona Orpana Bay for some time, but a week of sports training camp and a week at home, became pregnant by then 11-year old girl.

Now, everything is close by. The family lives in the munkkivuori, Oona is practicing Talissa Jarkko Nieminen at the Academy and attends school Haaga.

"We moved in the first year alone," Niko Orpana says, "and after the other came after me. Yes, we like Onam tennis terms as we go. "

Suvi Orpana and Onam's younger sister Chen are also in the helsinkiläistyneet little by little.

"We, the whole family helped and we are in support of Onam," Niko said.

ONAM tennis-related annual budget approaching EUR 30 000, when the competition for the tours. They are not included in the budget of the Academy.

"But we do choose. Oona is sufficient, that he likes to work out and go to practice, "Niko Orpana says.

Yksitoistavuotiaasta Emma Laine saw that he becomes a good tennis player. Laine, although a few remained in the world came to the victory in the end.

Oona Orpana is now 13, and also, he sees that the Summit type enough opportunities.

Orpanan was supposed to play in the midsummer after the Finnish Championships of women's tennis is just haistellakseen the atmosphere of the domestic, but he became the star of the tournament. The gains followed another and barely a teenager, the player advanced to the final of the kulosaari in Helsinki.

In reply to Emma Laine led the pace in the final of the Orpanan to stop.

"Jännitin pretty much, when there was so much to viewers," the breakthrough tournament Orpana recounted.

Tennis at the summer begins to be drawing to a close and ulkokausi going to the games, but Orpana glows with satisfaction. Everything has gone up beyond our expectations, even though the Finnish championship remained the exception.

Ikäluokassaan in 2001, the five top Orpana is a member of the European NIS, even higher than the L samanikäisenä.

Oona is practicing at the Academy three times a day. The morning is the tennis for an hour and a half, then to school, in the afternoon, two hours of tennis, and in addition to the hours in the gym. On Saturday and Sunday, tennis has a time of leisure.

Is this book still tighten, coach John L.?

"Not terribly," Labelle says. "Power must be added, but it will be later."

What kind of pace Oona Orpanan career is progressing?

"If one wants to get to the top, the development cycle is considered to be like that", a former professional player Petra Thorén says. "It is a good sign that there is a 13-year-old Championship finals."

She stood up, at best, 73 in the women's WTA list and proceeded to the third round in the French Open.

He knows how raw and relentless on the tennis world can be.

"The quantity and quality of Training need to be great. The intensity of the training, there is a huge importance, "She says.

Oona Orpana unfolds exactly as keep, but a lot of it requires.

Whether you practice hard?

"Is it between, and not always feeling like to leave, but when you come here, there is always one of the nice things," Jon Orpana says the tallow.

Coach L. Oonaa sitkeäksi, to the benefit of the player and praises the admission procedure. The actual strengths of the Oonalla does not exist, but also not weaknesses.

What is a coach's role when a gifted child will be coaching?

"It is a big responsibility, especially on the background of the troops," Labelle says.

Last week, Mike trained at the next couple of weeks and competes with Tallow. The season continues with the same intensity, when autumn comes. Games and exercises, just move to the inside.

"Yes, it is itself no stranger to this. Should be a big hole, if Mike were to announce – which he can do at any time – that it would no longer ", Niko Orpana says.

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:22 PM   #3
country flag Trey

Oona will be playing Fed Cup for first time in her Career, Hope she can score an win

Quote:
Fed Cup team on the way to Tallinn!

continue to Fed Cup captain for, the team leaves in Tallinn prepare for Sunday. Games Wed-Sat #tennisfi

Old Feb 10th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #4
country flag Trey

her result from fed cup this week. Tough lost against Tadeja but no shame in losing to an former top 200 player Oona did an nice job pushing her in both sets. should give her good learning experience

SLO d. FIN 3-0

Tadeja Majerič def Oona Orpana 7-6(5) 7-5

Andreja Klepač/Manca Pislak def Oona Orpana/Roosa Timonen 6-1 6-1

FIN d. LUX 3-0

Oona Orpana def Eleonora Molinaro 7-5 6-4

Old Feb 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #5
country flag Trey

Played her second ITF 18&U Junior event this yr, made it too the SF for the first time. Great run although I wish she coulda made it to the finals, but nonetheless it was an great week for Oona. Should move up the ranking good bit.

ALK Open 2015

R1: Oona ORPANA (FIN) d. Maileen NUUDI (EST) 6-2 6-2
R2: Oona ORPANA (FIN) d. Miranda RAMIREZ (USA) [1] 6-4 6-3
QF: Oona ORPANA (FIN) d. Daria NAZARKINA (RUS) [5] 6-3 2-6 6-2
SF: Anastasia KULIKOVA (RUS) d. Oona ORPANA (FIN) 6-2 6-2

Old Feb 26th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #6
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caroline in 2015!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

QF: Oona will play vs a dane Møller tomorrow in Stockholm U14 tournament...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #7
country flag Trey

Keep it up Oona Orpana and thanks for posting Jorn happy to see she have more fans, pls countine to post

Old Feb 26th, 2015, 05:34 PM   #8
country flag Trey

Iona always move up the Junior ranking this week now at an career high in Juinor ranked at 649

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #9
country flag Jorn

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

GS14 - Girls Singles 14 Main Draw

Oona ORPANA [3] Finland - Hannah VILLER MØLLER Danmark 6-1, 6-0.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #10
country flag Jorn

Oona is too good for Tennis Europe U14...

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #11
country flag Trey

Keep it going Oona

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #12
country flag Potapovushina
Pervupova~

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting SF against Polish Maja Chwalinska...

Oona's flopping at Les Petits As was weird

Azarenka Kvitova Halep Ivanovic Radwanker Kerber Pliskovas Smitkova Allertova Diatchenko Dodin Govortsova Sasnovich Kichenoks Hesse Bencic Keys Hampton Putintseva Kovinic Vekic
Mladenovic Garcia Cornut Strycova Siniakova Krunic Pervak Zanevska Svitolina Savinykh Kudermetova Lottner Bellis
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #13
country flag Trey

^ Yeah I must agree I guessing she was off her game or she doesn't like the indoor I would think not for sure through but as you said it was weird and shocking considering she have push couple WTA player like Tadeja Majerič. Anyway I hoping she wins this title for sure.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #14
country flag Potapovushina
Pervupova~

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see her beating Maja tomorrow tbh, but I may be deluded and I'd be glad to be proved wrong

Azarenka Kvitova Halep Ivanovic Radwanker Kerber Pliskovas Smitkova Allertova Diatchenko Dodin Govortsova Sasnovich Kichenoks Hesse Bencic Keys Hampton Putintseva Kovinic Vekic
Mladenovic Garcia Cornut Strycova Siniakova Krunic Pervak Zanevska Svitolina Savinykh Kudermetova Lottner Bellis
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #15
country flag Trey

Don't know what too except in that match up, never seen Maja Chwalinska, but looking at her recent she was the girl that beat Oona at Les Petits As but Oona also beat her last yr, so I guessing it maybe 50/50 IMO