Bartoli and Golovin - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 03:45 AM   #1
country flag Alexj

Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of
Bartoli and Golovin

I found this article to be very interesting and after reading it my respect and love for Golovin has gone down.

Bartoli out to prove Wimbledon was no fluke

By Matthew Cronin

STANFORD, California, July 23, (Reuters) - France's Marion Bartoli is eager to prove her dream run to the Wimbledon final earlier this month was no fluke.

Bartoli, 22, stunned third seed Jelena Jankovic and world number one Justine Henin at the All England Club before falling to Venus Williams in the final as she soared to a career-high 11th in the world rankings.

The second seed at this week's Stanford Classic in California, Bartoli says she proved a lot of doubters wrong.

"Not a lot of people believed I could get there except my dad and myself, but I showed everyone that I can be one of the top players in the world," Bartoli told Reuters.

"Some (analysts) said physically Marion is not good enough and she'll never be there and I showed to everyone that they were completely wrong.

"Tatiana (Golovin) and Nathalie (Dechy) didn't reach a Grand Slam final. Amelie Mauresmo and Mary Pierce did and I'm the next one. I demonstrated to everyone that I was able to be there, too."

RANKINGS RISE

Bartoli has worked her way up the rankings and ended last year at number 17 after winning three titles, but few expected her to go further than any of her countrywomen at the French Open, where she reached the fourth round, or at Wimbledon.

But with fast hands, blazing groundstrokes and a dogged determination, Bartoli overcame the inconsistent play that had plagued her in previous Grand Slams.

"You have to have a lot of belief in yourself because you have tough moments," said Bartoli, who is coached by her father, Walter.

"And you need a good dad and coach to tell you can do it. He always told me I belonged up there. When I beat Justine, I heard on the TV that I was just in the zone, but that wasn't right.

"I was playing the level that I play in practice but not always in a match."

Bartoli is very close to her father, but the relationship has cost her.

FED CUP FEUD

France's Fed Cup captain Georges Goven left her off the team that fell to Italy two weeks ago in the semi-finals because she would not participate in the tie without her father in attendance.

Goven said she would be too tired to play after her Wimbledon exertions, a reason rejected by Bartoli.

"I don't want too disturb the group, so if it's better to have four girls together than with one who is separate, it's okay."

Bartoli was hoping that after her Wimbledon run that she would have received calls of congratulations from her fellow players, but she did not.

Pierce sent her a text message, as did French president Nicolas Sarkozy, but none of the rest of her fellow players did.

"Tatiana can pass by me and not even say hello, so I'm sure she's not going to congratulate me," Bartoli said.
Alexj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bartoli and Golovin

Repost.

But yes, Golovin isnt exactly flavor of the month in TMR forum.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 11:44 AM   #3
country flag kueee

kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light kueee is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Repost.

But yes, Golovin isnt exactly flavor of the month in TMR forum.
You sure got that correct.
kueee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM   #4
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
I found this article to be very interesting and after reading it my respect and love for Golovin has gone down.
hey,what are You talking about?
Tati doesn't have to like her,even if she's her compatriot..
And fed cup team was the best,they know each other very well,Marion was always training only with her father..
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 06:06 PM   #5
country flag Alexj

Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of Alexj has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong22 View Post
hey,what are You talking about?
Tati doesn't have to like her,even if she's her compatriot..
And fed cup team was the best,they know each other very well,Marion was always training only with her father..
Still, I mean Golovin didnt even congratulate her. Your countrywomen just made the finals of Wimbledon and Golovin cant even manage a simple congratulations or even say hello to Marion.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

~Marion Bartoli~ Anna Chakvetadze~ Ana Ivanovic~ Jelena Jankovic~ Patty Schnyder~ Daniela Hantuchova~ Vera Zvonareva~ Dinara Safina~ Nadia Petrova~ Elena Dementieva~
Alexj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 08:19 PM   #6
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold pingpong22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexj View Post
Still, I mean Golovin didnt even congratulate her. Your countrywomen just made the finals of Wimbledon and Golovin cant even manage a simple congratulations or even say hello to Marion.
Maybe Tatiana doesn't like her,maybe they are not friends..
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM   #7
country flag Tennisking5

Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all

still, tati should've shown some respect. i agree with you alexj.

DEMENTIEVA KUZNETSOVA

PETKOVIC LISICKI

GO GERMANY, RUSSIA, CROATIA, & SLOVENIJA
Tennisking5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote