The Suicide Locker Room. - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #121
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Suicide Locker Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
But BYEs still exist?
Yes, that stays the same.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #122
country flag the jackal

the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light the jackal is a glorious beacon of light

If we are changing rules (and keeping byes), we could at least change the rule regarding winning the title, in case of tie:
1. The set win-loss differential, followed by the game win-loss differential (instead of no of games lost, which IMO makes no sense - a 6-7 loss is worse than a 0-6 loss? )
2. In case of byes, start considering the games/sets lost from the second round onwards. Else its ridiculously unfair for a person to lose out on the title just cos someone had a first round bye. I say this despite being ranked 4 and hence on the favourable side of the byes rule, cos a first round bye deciding the eventual winner is just contrary to logic, IMO :P

Anyway, upto the moderators to decide!
the jackal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #123
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future

Small question, do I have to sign up or something before the tournament begin, or can I just post my first pick an I will be counted in? (Sorry if this was specified somewhere)
histery is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #124
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to sign in. Just post a pick and you're in!

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #125
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Hi. Question - What is the advantage of winning a tournament if someone you tie with gets the same number of points?
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #126
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
Hi. Question - What is the advantage of winning a tournament if someone you tie with gets the same number of points?
The points are the same. Just to decide which one wins the title and have the count on ranking.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #127
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
The points are the same. Just to decide which one wins the title and have the count on ranking.
Got it thanks. Seems kinda silly that there is no points bonus though.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #128
country flag Cooper96

Another question - It doesn't exactly seem fair to me that people can theoretically post their picks when there is only one match left to be played. That's basically allowing people to pick the winner of the last match of the day. Isn't the point of the game to pick someone from the whole schedule who you think will win that particular match but not go much further? I don't really understand why this is allowed.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 16 Current: 17 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 80 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #129
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
Another question - It doesn't exactly seem fair to me that people can theoretically post their picks when there is only one match left to be played. That's basically allowing people to pick the winner of the last match of the day. Isn't the point of the game to pick someone from the whole schedule who you think will win that particular match but not go much further? I don't really understand why this is allowed.
You're at a big disadvantage leaving your pick until the end of the day. The more choice of matches you have the easier the game is. You don't gain any advantage by reducing your options.

With tournaments starting at different times every week it's good that players have some flexibility if they can't pick before the start of play each day.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #130
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The matches are still the same, you only have less choice.
Only advantage that you can have is, that you forget to pick or don't have much time to pick when the day starts.
It ruis my TT ranking, but gladly in suicide it's different.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:54 PM   #131
country flag jackdawson

jackdawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, joined this site just for this game. How do I join?
jackdawson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #132
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdawson View Post
Hey everyone, joined this site just for this game. How do I join?
You don't have to do anything to join. Just post your first pick in the Roland Garros suicide thread before the start of play on Sunday.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #133
country flag jackdawson

jackdawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjo View Post
You don't have to do anything to join. Just post your first pick in the Roland Garros suicide thread before the start of play on Sunday.
Where might I find the thread? I found the WTA one, is it the same for both?
jackdawson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #134
country flag Christork17

Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of Christork17 has much to be proud of

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=537282
Christork17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #135
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

How many BYEs in Toronto? 8 or 16?

Oh, and what happens with Wozniacki-Lepchenko match? Are players supposed to pick Lepchenko against LL now, when some players make their picks before OOP changed?

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote