The Suicide Locker Room. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 03:26 AM   #76
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Suicide Locker Room.

I still think we need to get rid of the if 12 players play and no one reaches day 7 points.
In the Zone, your argument is that it protects the level of the tier 3 and 4, but I think its silly to give someone making it to day 3 of a tier 4 more points then someone who makes it to day 2 of a tier 1.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 04:17 AM   #77
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
I still think we need to get rid of the if 12 players play and no one reaches day 7 points.
In the Zone, your argument is that it protects the level of the tier 3 and 4, but I think its silly to give someone making it to day 3 of a tier 4 more points then someone who makes it to day 2 of a tier 1.
Because making it to a Day 2 of a Tier I doesn't require much skill or difficulty.

Since more than one person seems to be against this, I don't see strong enough reason to NOT take away the points.

In 2008, unless there are objections, we can get rid of the 12 person/7 Day rule.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #78
country flag Randriantastic!
Team WTAworld

Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Because making it to a Day 2 of a Tier I doesn't require much skill or difficulty.

Since more than one person seems to be against this, I don't see strong enough reason to NOT take away the points.

In 2008, unless there are objections, we can get rid of the 12 person/7 Day rule.
Well, admittedly, day 2 can be tough because you get like, 3 matches to pick from on day 1 but I do agree that the 12 people rule provides more incentive to participate in a Tier III/IV. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
So tie break would now be,
1)If different wrong picks made on last day of remaining players, winner is determined by most games won by the losing pick.
2)Less sets lost during the week
3)Less games lost during the week
4)Person who posted pick first
Basically, yes. Again, I would say that sets > games in 1) as well.

Justine Henin
\ Martina Hingis
WTAworld Suicide Tennis: 2007 Bangkok Champion 2006 Wimbledon finalist, Cincinnati semi-finalist, Budapest semi-finalist (MH0861 = #1 tournament director)
Randriantastic! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #79
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Canuck's tiebreak rules are perfect. Now that we can formally state it, this is great.

Let's keep up with the rules changes/modifications. We're doing a good job so far!
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 03:01 AM   #80
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Because the offseason has been a little boring, I am going to run Suicide at the 75K in Dubai! It will only be for fun. But come play and enjoy! !!
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #81
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...

Suicide 75K Dubai 2007

1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).

2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. If you choose Justine Henin early in a tournament on clay, you will not be able to use her in the semifinal or final. Hence the point of Suicide.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.

4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.

Replacement picks must be identitified like this:

BACK-UP PICK - TATIANA GOLOVIN

If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.

5. The top 8 ranked entrants will receive a BYE in a Tier I/II tournament. In a Slam and Tier III/IV tournament, no byes are granted.

6. To sign up, please type the word "In". It is not mandatory to commit or enter before Day 01. If you do not post a Day 01 pick, you will not be listed on the entry list. Your entry is confirmed when your Day 01 pick is posted.

7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week. If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.

8. Once your pick is posted, that pick is final and may not be changed. Please make sure you are confident in your pick before posting it. If you edit your pick, your pick will be null and void and you will be out on that given day.
If you delete your pick, you are disqualified from the tournament.

Ranking Points for INSERT TOURNAMENT NAME HERE, TIER #
[ Insert Points Table here ].

Further Information

Time in Dubai Use this

Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this

Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this

** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT pimppaui@aol.com

Last edited by In The Zone : Dec 21st, 2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #82
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

I reworded a few things in the rules. Anything I should add? What does everyone think?
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #83
country flag libre83

libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute libre83 has a reputation beyond repute

At minimum how many players must to play on a tourney? In Tashkent I have only 3 players...

Thx...
libre83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #84
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre83 View Post
At minimum how many players must to play on a tourney? In Tashkent I have only 3 players...

Thx...
Since the amount of points a person earns is dependent only on their results, having a 3 person tournament is fine.
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #85
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any chance we could get a hall of fame with finalists and winners so it would be easier to find out who previously won the tournament you are running?

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 02:18 AM   #86
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

I can work on it. I had a thread for 2007. It will take some time but I'll get one running.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #87
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for that

VICTORIA AZARENKA

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #88
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of

I've no idea if this is even possible but... I would like to have (at the end of each year) like a sort of Award ceremony for Suicide Tennis...
With catagories for: Best Manager, best suicide player, best pick, and also some more novelty (or worst ... ) catagories. Im not very good at making up funny award names but im sure some people can.
And then I think we could get people to nominate others for the awards and then let people vote. I dont know if we should have a rule like, "You can only vote once per catagory and only if you have played at least one tournament in the past year".

I wouldnt mind being the person who is incharge of the tallying and the 'award ceremony' and all that... but if this goes ahead we will need a list of awards and posible its own thread?

What does everyone think?
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #89
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

I tried doing it two years ago and there were not enough votes. We can try your idea at the end of the year. Do you want to organize it?
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #90
country flag Wedgie619

Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of Wedgie619 has much to be proud of

Sure, i will be happy to organise it... What i need to start with is a way to get people to give me ideas for types of awards, Can I start my own thread or just keep doing it in this thread?
Also can I be a pain to you and Ivanovic Fan!!!! (as you two seem to be the organises of Suicide on this site) and constantly ask you advice if needed...
Also another way to get people to notice this will be to maybe have something in each Suicide Tennis thread (weekly touramnets) like on the original post (if we have a thread for this) have a link like you do for the ranking thread or the rules thread?
Semi/Quarter Finalist: YEC (09), Linz (07)/ Australian Open (09), Wimbledon (09)
Wedgie619 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote