The Suicide Locker Room. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM   #61
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Suicide Locker Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
In the past, we have disregarded the 2nd place points if the 2nd place person has surpassed it. I'll try and find a situation like that from the past to show you. If second place earns more than 85, then they get those points and 2nd place is not awarded.

And Bangkok was a 6 day event? I could have sworn it was 7.
It's 7 days, but the tournament manager made it 6.
I think that the 2 round was 1 day instead of 2.

More points for P2 or just remove it at all (which I like better).

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:50 PM   #62
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic Fan!!!! View Post
It's 7 days, but the tournament manager made it 6.
I think that the 2 round was 1 day instead of 2.

More points for P2 or just remove it at all (which I like better).
I see 5 days. Someone picked Peer on Day 5 -- and she lost in the QF so there were obviously two days remaining. I would do the points as a 7 day event.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:02 PM   #63
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I see 5 days. Someone picked Peer on Day 5 -- and she lost in the QF so there were obviously two days remaining. I would do the points as a 7 day event.
I thought it was SF, but now it's indeed QF. In that case it's 49 points.
Now I don't know why the manager has 6 days in the 1st post while it's 7 days.
It only makes it confusing.

Rankings will be finished tomorrow then.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:27 PM   #64
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic Fan!!!! View Post
I thought it was SF, but now it's indeed QF. In that case it's 49 points.
Now I don't know why the manager has 6 days in the 1st post while it's 7 days.
It only makes it confusing.

Rankings will be finished tomorrow then.
Don't worry about it. There won't be a change from 1-8 ( I think ) so the seeds know who they are. If anything changes, tough noogies. I'll do the entry list when Day 1 is finished.
Old Oct 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #65
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

I HATE the whole if 12 people enter thing you can award 1st and 2nd place points if no one reached day 7. I honestly think we should cut that next year, and you get the points you earned. So if everyone goes out on day 1, you all get 1 point.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #66
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

As of now, the rankings are 6 mandatories + Best 10 results + YEC to equal 17 tournaments. To end 2007, this is perfectly fine.

However, for the beginning of 2008, before Gold Coast and Auckland -- Sjoerd, do you think it's possible to make it Best 11 Results and add the YEC not as a mandatory, but as an extra result? It's ridiculous and unfair that some people have 17 tournament ranking while everyone else has 16. The YEC is an extra tournament for the Best 11 -- not a mandatory.

Luckily, the top 8 who were in the YEC are the top 8 in the rankings so it doesn't mean anything. But to begin 2008, these changes would be fair for everyone.
Old Nov 10th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #67
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Of course I can make the rankings like that. No problem.
The season is over now so we can talk about 2008.
I want to have all things clear when the new season starts.

Who's updating the rules? Who can decide which rules will be changed or not?
I'd like to see some changes. Is there one or more people who can accept the changes or decline them?

I have the following in mind:

Before the first tournament starts, we need to post the rules what counts for all tournaments. All managers has to post the same rules and not copy it just from last years thread which can have other rules.
1. You can't edit or delete picks. If you edit your pick it will be invalid. It's not that you get disqualified for the whole tournament, you just get the points of that day.
2. Playing more than 1 tournament means ZERO points for that week.
3. If you commit, but don't post a pick on time then you get ZERO points. That also counts for seeds who receives a bye at day 1 but don't post for day 2. In that case the first unseeded player will be a seed and receives the bye.
Then I also prefer to delete the players who commit but didn't send a pick at all.
4. For the managers. This year I've seen there are some mistakes in the final results. Please check ones again if the results are correct.
If I have to do that as well, then you better can let me run the tournament. So please check if the results are correct and then PM them to me. It will be easier then for me to do the rankings, instead of checking if the manager did his job.
5. Deciding the winner of a tournament. The player who lost the less games wins. That's fine of course. But seeds gets 0 games at day 1.
Now I suggest that also the seeds have a pick for day 1. Of course they receive a bye and can choose that player later in the tournament.
The day 1 pick only counts for deciding the winner.
So what happens if they forget to pick a player?
Then this person gets the games of the player that lost the most games at day 1.
6. Removing the: 'if at least 12 players, then 1st and 2nd place points' rule. I really don't like it and it's more confusing than good.
7. Which tournaments should be mandatory. Now we have 4 slams, IW, Miami and YEC. We need more/less? Like In The Zone said, the top 8 can't have an advantage to have another tournament which counts.
YEC counts only for 8 players and the rest gets another result instead of that.

I guess that's about it now.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #68
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

During the offseason, I will re-write the rules and clarify them as well as updating them with the rules we have added as the game has progressed. I'll then post them for everyone to modify, comment, etc before 2008 begins.

I agree with most of your points but not 5, 6, and 7. # 5 because the rankings have to mean something. If you look at the results, seeds winning the tournaments are VERY rare and there are ways to beat them with the games tiebreaker. Without byes and the games tiebreaker being smaller, the rankings would mean nothing. In TT, the rankings decide entry, seeds, and draws. In PAW, rankings decide entry. In FITD, there are rankings but they mean nothing -- and the game is a little less meaningful too. We have to give our rankings some credibility and keep it like the WTA Tour in this respect.

For # 6, the 12 person rule does not come into effect at Tier II and Is, obviously. For Tier IIIs and IVs, I think it takes more skill to win those than it does in Tier I and IIs -- and ironically, the points are less even though they are tougher! The 12 person rule at least gives people 120 or 95 pts when compared to an easy Tier II or I where everyone can get to Day 6 or 7 with ease. The 12 person rule gives our lower tiers some meaning. Without them, even less players will play them.

For #7, I understand what you mean but the YEC should not be mandatory in anyone's ranking. For example, for the top 8, it should only be included if the YEC amount is in their best 11 ( now 11, not 10 ). If it's not, it's an extra tournament -- just like the WTA Tour. Jankovic's 105 this year did not even count in her ranking because of her 17 tournaments and it fell outside the 17. The YEC should only be included if it's high enough.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #69
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

The rules are made by a consensus. Like posting in this thread, btw.
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #70
country flag Randriantastic!
Team WTAworld

Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future

LOL, I didn't know Jankovic's YEC debacle didn't get counted. That's pretty funny.

I thought we were going to change the tiebreak rules. I vote that it should come down to the final pick first, e.g. if A picks Jankovic who loses 2-6 7-5 6-7 to Henin, and B picks Serena Williams who loses, oh, I don't know, 1-6 2-6 to Laura Granville , then A should be the winner.

If both pick the same person, then their entire picking history should be considered, and it should be fewest sets lost, then fewest games lost, as has been previously discussed.

Discuss.

Justine Henin
\ Martina Hingis
WTAworld Suicide Tennis: 2007 Bangkok Champion 2006 Wimbledon finalist, Cincinnati semi-finalist, Budapest semi-finalist (MH0861 = #1 tournament director)
Randriantastic! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #71
country flag cypher_88
Long live Electro & House

cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future cypher_88 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randriantastic! View Post
LOL, I didn't know Jankovic's YEC debacle didn't get counted. That's pretty funny.

I thought we were going to change the tiebreak rules. I vote that it should come down to the final pick first, e.g. if A picks Jankovic who loses 2-6 7-5 6-7 to Henin, and B picks Serena Williams who loses, oh, I don't know, 1-6 2-6 to Laura Granville , then A should be the winner.

If both pick the same person, then their entire picking history should be considered, and it should be fewest sets lost, then fewest games lost, as has been previously discussed.

Discuss.
i agree with that

Myskina|Henin|Sharapova|Youzhny|Federer
cypher_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #72
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Fewest sets, then fewest games. ( Albeit it is rare that the sets comes into play, but to have it noted this way is important. )
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #73
country flag Randriantastic!
Team WTAworld

Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future Randriantastic! has a brilliant future

Yes yes all well and good, but what about the final pick thing? What do people think?

Justine Henin
\ Martina Hingis
WTAworld Suicide Tennis: 2007 Bangkok Champion 2006 Wimbledon finalist, Cincinnati semi-finalist, Budapest semi-finalist (MH0861 = #1 tournament director)
Randriantastic! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #74
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randriantastic! View Post
Yes yes all well and good, but what about the final pick thing? What do people think?
You mean if Player A picks Jankovic and Player B picks Serena?
Jankovic loses 67 76 76 and Serena loses 61 62?

On the last day, if all picks are losing, I think it's fair to say that the one who was closer to winning the match should be the rightful winner.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #75
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

So tie break would now be,
1)If different wrong picks made on last day of remaining players, winner is determined by most games won by the losing pick.
2)Less sets lost during the week
3)Less games lost during the week
4)Person who posted pick first
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote