S1 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 06:58 PM   #46
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S1 - 9: DFS Classic, Birmingham (III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvatore View Post
I lost all CT?
In the first set, yes But LDL was very aggressive early on, whilst you weren't
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:01 PM   #47

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Round of 32

Fourth Quarter

Jankovic def. Capriati 6-3 4-6 6-3

Kirilenko def. Henin W/O

Dechy(2) def. Cibulkova W/O

Paszek-Molik is postponed as Alicia needs to correct her points Congrats to the other winners
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:02 PM   #48
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Shoot. Not bad though for my first time playing this game.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM   #49

Updated Draw

Michaella Krajicek v Maria Sharapova
Samantha Stosur v Tamarine Tanasugarn

Venus Williams(8) v Viktoriya Kutuzova
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Severine Bremond(4)

Karolina Sprem v Tatiana Golovin
Lindsay Davenport v Amelie Mauresmo

Alicia Molik(7)/Tamira Paszek v Jelena Jankovic
Maria Kirilenko v Nathalie Dechy(2)

Stosur, Davenport & Dechy still haven't sent points, and won their matches via CT, they now have a further day to send, round of 16 tomorrow
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM   #50
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Jennifer's Grass Is Not Enough

Jennifer Capriati stumbled out of the DFS Classic in Birmingham, England with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 loss to Jelena Jankovic of Serbia. Jennifer said she felt good about her game and it showed in the second set, as she took it with one break in hand.

"I felt really good for one set. And honestly, I didn't play terrible tennis. My opponent just outclassed me completely. Congratulations to Jelena on a well-played match and I wish you the best in this tournament and the rest of this year."

Jennifer will go and practice and play in the Ordina Open or Hastings Direct International...which ever one is next week.

"I totally got my weeks confused to begin with...so it was bad already when I came here with one day left. I don't know if I'm playing in the Netherlands or in Eastbourne...oh well."
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:12 PM   #51

Thanks for the article Jen

2 ranking points for every article, remember people
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 09:55 PM   #52
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

good match Krajicek - very promising to take a set and be 5-2 up against someone with 3 aces when you have none - I plan to win matches.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM   #53
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise of the Season: Mauresmo Plays Well.

Moderator: Questions please.

Reporter: Well finally a good performance. That was nice to watch.

Amelie: (smiling)...thanks, I guess. I am much more comfortable on grass. You can expect more of that.

Reporter: Glad to hear it. You raced through the first set playing close to perfect grasscourt tennis. The second set was much tougher, though?

Amelie: For sure. It was tough to close out the match, you know. I haven't really had much practice at doing that with losing miserably for the whole clay season and all. But she is a great player too; number six in the world so it was always going to be difficult but my volleys just about pulled me through, I think.

Reporter: As an unbiased journalist, I just have to express my admiration for your game. I love your technique; the way you vary your shots, come to net, play some smart tennis. Martina Navratilova wrote a piece for us the other day remarking that too many players are just blindly hitting the ball, do you agree?

Amelie: Sure. I think a lot of players look to just outpower their opponents and get the match over with as quick as possible. I dare say I am better the longer the match goes on. If you are going to beat me on grass it probably will be a quick affair. You have to utilise your assets I suppose.

Reporter: You looked much more comfortable on the court today. What are your aims for this tournament and then for the grass season as a whole?

Amelie: I am taking it one match at a time for this tournament, that is it. I want to win as many matches as possible, for sure, but my aim is to get some practice in and be fully prepared for Wimbledon. There I aim to peak, definitely.

It would be a dream to win my first title here but even if you take the next match; I have Lindsay, a good friend, who is an extremely difficult opponent anywhere but especially on grass. I know she has been working hard and the only thing stopping her is a little niggling injury she has. The match might actually not go ahead yet but if it does then it could be the end of my tournament already.

So, yes, definitely, just taking the tournament one step at a time. Trying not to think too far ahead.

Reporter: At 5-5 in the second set there was an exchange between you and your coach, can you tell us about that?

Amelie: Exchange? I don't know what you mean...

Reporter: You were kind of doing some sign language and shaking your head, he was getting pretty animated in his box.

Amelie: ...I don't know really, I think he was just telling me to stay positive and that I could close her out. Just words of encouragement, that's it.

Reporter: Thankyou for your time Amelie and good luck for the rest of the tournament!

Amelie: You're welcome. Goodnight.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM   #54
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

Tati's first win!!
Good match Chaky
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 10:33 PM   #55

Fantastic article Amelie

Result of the Paszek-Molik match on the way
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 10:39 PM   #56

Round of 32

Paszek def. Molik(7) 6-4 7-5

Tamira's gameplan matched up perfectly with Alicia's, Alicia you can still do well on the grass, you just need to spread your aces a bit more
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 01:13 AM   #57
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

omg... that is bloody DISCUSTING!!!!
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM   #58
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

Greatest win for Tamira! With 0 Aces against 4 Aces

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM   #59
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

6/11 Sent points

I still need points from:

Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino
Stosur/Golovin
Bremond/Maursemo
Dechy/Rezai
Bartoli/Dementieva

I will start whilst everyone gives me thier poits

PS. LDL Sucks Bremond Next round
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:34 AM   #60
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

lol i actually dont understand how a player with 0 aces can beat a player with 4 aces... 6/4 in a set! lol that means paszek won every game besides me ace games... GRRR!

haha yes, yes i am still fuming
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote