S1 - 8: Roland Garros, Paris (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S1 - 8: Roland Garros, Paris (GS)

Roland Garros, Paris

Week 8, Clay Grand Slam, Draw Size 32

Paris, FRA - Welcome to Paris! And the second Grand Slam on the ATC, so far we've had French players dominating, winning 5 of the first 7 events on the tour, can they keep the fans happy with a French win here at RG? Or will someone else snatch GS glory? It should be a great event, so keep it here!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

NB - Please also start sending Grass points, I want everyone to be ready to go once the grass season starts
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S1 - 8: Roland Garros, Paris (GS)

Aces To Play

Bartoli - 4
Benesova - 3
Bremond - 1
Camerin - 3
Cibulkova - 4
Chakvetadze - 4
Davenport - 0
Dechy - 4
Dementieva - 2
Dominguez Lino - 4
Golovin - 2
Harkleroad - 3
Henin - 4
Jankovic - 3
Krajicek - 1
Kirilenko - 1
Kutuzova - 1
Molik - 2
Mauresmo - 1
Myskina - 2
Medina Garrigues - 4
Paszek - 1
Peer - 3
Pennetta - 4
Rezai - 4
Safarova - 3
Sharapova - 0
Sprem - 3
Stosur - 0
Tanasugarn - 2
V. Williams - 2

Last edited by The Daviator : Jul 21st, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM   #3

Draw

Nathalie Dechy(1) v Bye
Michaella Krajicek v Amelie Mauresmo
Karolina Sprem v Dominika Cibulkova
Flavia Pennetta v Venus Williams(6)

Anastasia Myskina(8) v Maria Kirilenko
Tatiana Golovin v Ashley Harkleroad
Maria Sharapova v Anna Chakvetadze
Lindsay Davenport v Anabel Medina Garrigues(3)

Alicia Molik(4) v Justine Henin
Elena Dementieva v Tamira Paszek
Jelena Jankovic v Iveta Benesova
Shahar Peer v Lucie Safarova(7)

Marion Bartoli(5) v Samantha Stosur
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Maria Elena Camerin
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Aravane Rezai
Viktoriya Kutuzova v Severine Bremond(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Jul 22nd, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM   #4

OOP

Tuesday - R32

Wednesday - R16

Thursday - QFs

Friday - SFs and F

Last edited by The Daviator : Jul 21st, 2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM   #5

Player Of The Week

Michaella Krajicek

She won it just two weeks ago, but again Misa Krajicek is the POTW With no aces, she beat THREE players with 2 or more aces in Strasbourg And she gets an extra ace to use at RG

Last edited by The Daviator : Jul 21st, 2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Despite a blip in Strasbourg, Marion remains the favourite for the title, her ultra-aggressive gameplan has worked brilliantly on this surface, she's taken full advantage of her 4 aces, something that several other players haven't done, and she'll be a tough opponent for anyone, Anabel is full of confidence following a win in Strasbourg, but as we saw in the later rounds, she is still vulnerable, but I fully expect her to go deep once more, and finally there's Dechy, she knows what it takes to win a Slam, and this is her best surface, so watch out.

The Contenders

Both Anna and Domi have done some damage this clay season, both will need to take a few more risks to win big, but they definitely have the game to trouble anyone, and with both of them being unseeded, the big names will be keen to avoid them in the first round, as for Severine, she may only have 1 ace, but she understands the game well, and with a new strategy, could make a run.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Jul 21st, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM   #7

Aces, OOP, POTW and preview posted There'll be live scoring from the QFs onwards, as this is a GS, and article points will be doubled
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM   #8
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

Lourdes is nothing? how mean >.< i would put her as a darkhorse at least :P
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Lourdes is nothing? how mean >.< i would put her as a darkhorse at least :P
But there are so many people who are dark horses/dangerous floaters Everyone knows you'll be one to watch
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 12:45 PM   #10
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Well,Krajicek will try her best to play her role as one of the dangerous floaters.

Once again,I think the one who's gonna beat Misa will win RG.Mark my words.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM   #11
patch.

patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute patch. has a reputation beyond repute

Karolina Sprem has just joined and is looking for a doubles partner.
Anyone intrested?
patch. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM   #12
country flag ViennaCalling
Team WTAworld
Lounge Owner

ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute ViennaCalling has a reputation beyond repute

The last Clay Court Tournament

Tamira PASZEK
Na LI - Francesca SCHIAVONE - Roberta VINCI
Tamira's backhand, Roby's slice, Galina's dropshot

ViennaCalling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM   #13
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

I remember thinking at the Australian that I wanted to be named as a contender or Dark Horse by the French and I am!
Go Anna C

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM   #14
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

Wooo! RG is here! Let's choke Momo!

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:15 AM   #15
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

DECHY the favorite? In what sick, twisted world is that even a possibility?