Acura Classic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #1
country flag Rod the Bama

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future
Acura Classic

Here`s the draw for the Acura Classic in San Diego.

(1) Maria Sharapova vs. BYE
Laura Granville vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
Akiko Morigami vs. Qualifier
Gisela Dulko vs. (13) Tatiana Golovin

(12) Shahar Peer vs. Sania Mirza
Jill Craybas vs. Eleni Daniilidou
Camille Pin vs. Qualifier
BYE vs. (8) Dinara Safina

(3) Anna Chakvetadze vs. BYE
Olga Poutchkova vs. Meghann Shaughnessy
Ai Sugiyama vs. Qualifier
Kateryna Bondarenko vs. (15) Sybille Bammer

(10) Venus Williams vs. Anastassia Rodionova
Virginie Razzano vs. Qualifier
Victoria Azarenka vs. Yung-Jan Chan
BYE vs. (6) Daniela Hantuchova

(7) Martina Hingis vs. BYE
Michaella Krajicek vs. Qualifier
Alla Kudryavtseva vs. Julia Vakulenko
Jamea Jackson vs. (11) Patty Schnyder

(14) Alona Bondarenko vs. Peng Shuai
Nicole Pratt vs. Katarina Srebotnik
Elena Bovina vs. (WC) Coco Vandeweghe
BYE vs. (4) Nadia Petrova

(5) Marion Bartoli vs. BYE
Milagros Sequera vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. (WC) Brittany Augustine
(WC) Catalina Castano vs. (9) Elena Dementieva

(16) Lucia Safarova vs. Meilen Tu
Maria Kirilenko vs. Qualifier
Vania King vs. (WC) Asia Muhammed
BYE vs. (2) Jelena Jankovic

Makiri has a very brutal section with Jelena and Lucie in it. Still i have some confidence in her. If she can somehow get it together, then i can see her at least getting to the third round.

Rod`s Angels: Caroline, Ana, Flavia, Dani, Ula and Sabine

Rod the Bama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #2
country flag Crank

Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all
Re: Acura Classic

Brutal ... She must gained simply gained does not matter which is the other side of the net ...
Crank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #3
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

Jankovic again
Btw, Good luck little Maria ! It's all about trust !

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #4
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Have some faith! She can beat Safarova. And remember she had a really good chance to beat Jankovic on grass, a surface we know Maria doesn't like.

I see no reason why she can't get to the 3rd round, then who knows? Not wanting to get ahead of myself but the potential quarter-final would look an easier match than the 3rd round.

BTW: Is this Tier 1?
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #5
country flag Michael_21

Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all

tough draw for maria but u never know good luck maria
Daniela Hantuchova
Alicia Molik, Olivia Rogowska, Sam Stosur + All Other Aussies
Michael_21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #6
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold

Nobody expects you to do anything here Makiri. Let's show your opponents what "Makiri Style" of tennis is all about. Let's prove to all the nay-sayers that they're all wrong about you! UNLEASH HELL on your opponents Makiri!!!
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #7
country flag Vassili

Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold

Davaï Maria !

~ Hantuchova ~ Ivanovic ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Golovin ~ Chakvetadze ~

The Official Harp Player in Kirilenko's Orchestra

Vassili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #8
country flag Topspin2

Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future Topspin2 has a brilliant future

Good luck MaKiri

Elena Dementieva

Anna Kournikova

Anna Chakvetadze
Topspin2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #9
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Take it too them Maria!!!

JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #10
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

Maria play with DULKO dobles!

fantastic!

i love this team! GOOD LUCK!

draw is here http://www.acuraclassic.com/Sched-Re..._DMD072907.pdf
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #11

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future

Nice to see Makiri back playing doubles again this time with Gisela. Unfortunately they got the Bondarenko Sisters in the first round. Still i hope they give a good effort in their match.

Old Jul 30th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #12
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

Doubles Main Draw

Black/Huber (ZIM/RSA) (1) vs Bye
Fedak/Poutchek (UKR/BLR) vs Morariu/Scnhyder (USA/SUI)
Danilidiou/Woehr (GRE/GER) vs Castano/Tanasugarn (COL/TPE)
Bondarenko/Bondarenko (UKR/UKR) vs Dulko/Kirilenko (ARG/RUS) (6)

Chan/Chuang (TPE/TPE) (3) vs Bye
Morigami/Tu (JPN/USA) vs Craybas/Granville (USA/USA)
Henke/Makarova (GER/RUS) vs King/Peng (USA/CHN)
Nakamura/Pin (JPN/FRA) vs Jankovic/Petrova (SRB/RUS) (8)

Husarova/Shaughnessy (SVK/USA) (5) vs Ehritt-Vanc/Rodionova (ROM/RUS)
Azarenka/Chakvetadze (BLR/RUS) vs Augustine/Rolle (USA/USA) (WC)
Golovin/Safina (FRA/RUS) vs Kerber/Osterloh (GER/USA) (WC)
Peschke/Stubbs (CZE/AUS) (4) vs Bye

Mirza/Peer (IND/ISR) (7) vs Bachman/Sromova (GER/CZE)
Hsieh/Kudryavtseva (TPE/RUS) vs Pratt/Stewart (AUS/AUS)
Dekmeijere/Senoglu (LAT/TUR) vs Krajicek/Mattek (NED/USA)
Srebotnik/Sugiyama (SLO/JPN) (2) vs Bye
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM   #13
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Why is everyone so convinced this is a bad draw? Given Makiri's current low ranking we can hardly expect an easy one. She has some qualifier in round 1 (hardly a disaster) and then probably the no.16 seed in round 2. Safarova played a good match against Jankovic at Wimbledon, but Makiri can beat her.
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #14
country flag RonnieB33

RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all

The return of Dulkolenko!!! Hope this brings good vibes for her.

The singles draw is good for Maria. Though you can't take anybody for granted these days (e.g. Corzet), facing a qualifier in the first round will always be better than facing a seeded player. Also, when you're unseeded, and will draw a seed in the 2nd round, why not the 16th seed? Would you rather it be Jankovic already? Seriously, given that she's unseeded, who would you want Maria to switch places with?
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:19 AM   #15

Nice start to the Acura Classic for Makiri. :clap: She did what she was suppose to do against a qualifer like Hana Sromova and took care of business. I know it was only against a qualifier, but it`s nice to see Makiri win in a rather comfortable matter.