Lucie in San Diego - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #1
country flag Janine*OnTheTour

Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold
Lucie in San Diego

I hope that Lucie will have a good draw. That she can collect some points...
Janine*OnTheTour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #2
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie in San Diego

Lucie's Quarter

Bartoli (5) - BYE
Sequera - Q
Augustine (WC) - Q
Dementieva (9) - Castano
Lucie (16) - Tu
Kirilenko - Q
King - Muhammed (WC)
Jankovic (2) - BYE
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #3
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute

It is an okay draw. Tu can be tricky though. Lucie will have to keep her UEs down and dictate the play. Lucie has never played Tu.
Lucie has played Kirilenko twice and lost in straight sets both times (in 2005 and 2006) on hard court but Lucie is a different player now.
A possible rematch with Jankovic in which Lucie would have nothing to lose. It is a tricky quarter though.

Lucie lost in the first round to Bammer last year so a good chance to pick up some points.

Lucie is currently at a career high ranking of 23. Let's push towards top 20 Lucie
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #4
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad, she can make it far.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #5
country flag Janine*OnTheTour

Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold

Yes I think till Jankovic she will make is for sure and yes as you said against Jelena she has nothing to lose... And this time her knee and leg are healthy, so we can hope that Lucie comes far...
And she has good chances to collect a few points and to improve her ranking...
Janine*OnTheTour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #6
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

i think i like her draw. should be fine until jankovic. hopefully the disappointment of wimbledon won't be in her head.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #7
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

I am curious what shape will Jankovic appear in after that insane Fed Cup match against Cibulkova.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #8
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

She should get to Jankovic with relative ease, then who knows what shape Janko wil be in.

Good luck Lucie
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #9
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Is anyone else annoyed that Lucka isn't playing today? I was hoping she could rest on tuesday if she had beaten Tu, but now she will have to play every day from tuesday on. She is hardly alone in this situation, but regardless of that I find it displeasing. I really hope the three following tournaments in North America will catapult her somehow into that damn top 20 where she deserves to be to get more pleasant draws at following indoor tournaments or even at US Open.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:28 AM   #10
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

The draw and the schedule could be better. Kirilenko has been having a bootsy year, but she might be finding her form. She served out with at least once ace near the end of an easy first-round win.

I'm hoping Lucie can get through to get some Wimbledon revenge on Jelena so I can see her on TV later in the week! She's the most exciting player to watch right now.

If Lucie's ranking continues to rise, she won't be facing players ranked as high as Jelena so early in the draw. In the interim, I wish for once she'd get Sharapova instead -- then the fireworks would really go off and some people might be shocked.

But one match at a time. If Lucie stays steady against Tu, she has the match, because she's got way more weaponry. Go Lucie!
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM   #11
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

lucie won her first round match 6-4, 6-3.

she did a good job saving break points in this one.

she plays maria kirilenko next. should be a win, who knows how long it will take.

come on, lucie.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM   #12
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lucka defeated Meilen Tu 6-4 6-3. I was following the match on scoreboard. Overall it was ok, with exception of ending of first set. Lucka led *4-2 and then both girls lost their serve twice, Lucie had to break for the set. 2nd serve was a big weakness in first set, she had 21% (3/14) of won points from it. Luckily it improved dramatically in 2nd set. Given it was Lucie's first match on american hardcourts this summer I am happy with the outcome. Saving all those BPs was crucial. Waiting in 2nd round is Maria Kirilenko.

Stats:

Last edited by Lunaris : Jul 31st, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM   #13
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for your next match Lucie, should be a beauty! Hopefully she'll get that 1st serve % up a little higher.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 10:57 PM   #14
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lucie lost to Kirilenko 4-6 6-7(3), that doesn't bode well for the next tournaments. A bitter pill to swallow for me. I thought she would win, but she just couldn't make any pressure on Kirilenko's serve and again started slowly on her own second serve, which cost her one service game in early part of the first set. Now she is down 0-3 in H2H against this russian. Rather disappointing start to the US Open series.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM   #15
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord. Here's hoping Lucie's play kicks into gear in L.A. This kind of result just ain't right.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote