Where are they now? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #16
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Re: Where are they now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
A not so golden oldie - but what has happened to Trudi Musgrave? Has she retired?

Also does anyone else remember I think her name was Jane Taylor who made it to the 3rd or 4th round of the Aussie Open years ago then completely disappeared. What was her story?
Yeah, I've been wondering what's happening with Trudi.

Jane Taylor, shall I go into a long SeanyQ story from the past about her???
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 16th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #17
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post

I would love to hear the story if you have the time and patience to tell it.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #18
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post

Yes please!!!

Though I used to think jane was lovely, so Im not sure if I want to hear a bad story about her
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #19
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Is Trudi finished?
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #20
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Btw SeanQ is going to leave us hanging, hoping we all get hope and bothered while we wait for him to divulge his gossip. Come on Sean, let it rip, imagine if I die of a heart attack tonight never knowing what happend.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #21
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Btw SeanQ is going to leave us hanging, hoping we all get hope and bothered while we wait for him to divulge his gossip. Come on Sean, let it rip, imagine if I die of a heart attack tonight never knowing what happend.
I'm on crap shifts at work at the moment, so not on the net as much.
OK here goes....
In like 1992 at Albury or Wodonga $10k....Jane/Kate Mcdonald vs Melissa Beadman/Thai player (I think)..
Jane/Kate were leading 6-0,4-0 or something (they won 0&0)....The other girls were looking pretty shattered. Jane actually laughed loudly & commented something along the lines, about how useless the other pair were & they weren't going to end up winning a game! Kate ended up telling her basically to shut up & stop acting like an immature bitch & barely spoke to her for the rest of the match. From memory, I don't think they played much together after that. Kate was a really nice player/person.
I think 1993 or something.
- Jane d Renee Reid - 7-5,6-0 (1r @ Wagga Wagga) - Renee lead 5-0, Jane won the last 12 games of the match. The match was fairly heated as there were no linesman or anything. I think Renee's coach & I were the only ones watching. At the end of the match, Renee went to shake Jane's hand.Jane bairly touched it & Renee looked surprised. I then listened in on her coaching & her talking, Renee described the handshake as a "coldfish handshake" & basically what a bitch Jane was.
They then had to play dub's (either that afternoon or late the next afternoon). Renee hated Jane throughout the match (Jane/Trudi vs Renee/Jodi Richardson). She'd roll the ball back to Trudi nicely, but was deliberately aiming for Jane whenever she could. Eventually when hitting a ball back at the end of a point, Renee hit Jane in the back of the head & ended up being spoken to by the umpire.
Jane then beat Renee 0&0 at a $10k in Canberra, I think the next year. I saw them both play the Albury $10k the next week. Renee actually said Hi to Jane as they walked past each other once.
I also overheard someone ask Trudi what's been wrong with Jane, she's acting weird & even more unsociable than normal). Jane sat up on a balcony by herself all day with a cats arse face, not even talking to her friend & dub's partner Trudi. From memory, she retired within a year of that.
I got to see Jane play Evie a couple of times when Evie was like 16. You could tell they weren't fans of each others even when Evie was so young. Evie would always make a point of stirring her by yelling "C'Mon!!" loudly at Jane after a good point.
Every $10k I went to, you'd get to overhear pretty much all the players except Trudi slag her. The only player Jane was nice to or had any sort of respect for seemed to be Kristine Kunce (who everyone got along with, even Lucie Ahl!), who was obviously a much better player than Jane.
That's pretty much it on Jane. Most of the players hated her & none were sad to see her retire!
-------
I remember her being interviewed after beating Christina Singer in the 2r of AO at about 1992-1994. She was saying that her doctors were saying she'd never play again because of some medical condition/disease or something.
She then lost 4&2 to Novotna 3r.
At the start of the year she ended up retiring, I remember her saying if she hadn't made it to the top 100 by the end of that year, she'd quit. From memory, she quit when still ranked mid 100's.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #22
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I think jane was actually working with the might of Dianne Fromholtz at some stage too. Di hated had some personal issues too with many players particularly those of the lesbian type. Dianne and Wendy Turnbull never got on for the above reason.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #23
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
I think jane was actually working with the might of Dianne Fromholtz at some stage too. Di hated had some personal issues too with many players particularly those of the lesbian type. Dianne and Wendy Turnbull never got on for the above reason.
Maybe that explains why she's not been chosen to help out with Fed Cup.....from what I'm interpreting your post above, Dianne's a homophobe yeah?
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #24
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Jane Taylor was a shy little thing from the interviews I saw during her AO run in the early-mid 90s (was it 94?).

Wow, Melissa Beadman. There's a name I haven't heard of in a while. Funny Jane said that about her, cos didn't Melissa go on a tear and win a whole swag of Aussie challengers one year?
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #25
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Here's what Siobhan Drake-Brockman's been up to:

http://www.kakulas.com.au/ourpeople.htm

She seems to be have put on some weight.

What a waste of talent...
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #26
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light fast_clay is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Is Trudi finished?
I thought I saw some results of hers this year... still playing the odd event.

After finishing school up in the bush, i went to Newcastle Uni to study and later drop out in favour of a surf-punk lifestyle (great decision!!) that some of my new Newie friends led.

One of my new Newcastle p!sshead mates went to St Francis Xaviers college class of '95... and was in the same class as Trudi... and as we all lived close to District Park Tennis Centre in Newcastle, me n a few mates used to use it a watering hole after a few sets of tennis... my mate introduced me to Trudi..

and what a top aussie i found her to be... i remember reading about her in some aussie tennis mags as a junior then thinking after i met her... 'wow... Newcastle chicks rock...!'

I would love to have a beer with Trudi... it would be my shout too... i'd shout twice in a row even... maybe three times if pressed...

pity she didn't crack the top 100... she would have been a true ambassador for what a proper aussie tennis female tennis player is...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #27
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Jane Taylor reached a career high of around 123. She was very much the Cindy Watson of the mid/early 90's, powerless but consistent.

She did battle from severe asthma and a few other medical problems that did almost see her die at one stage, and did continually disrupt her career, and I believe forced a premature retirement.

I wasn't aware of her bitchy side, but if its any consolation, I saw her cop a lot of bitchiness from Els Callens! I remember watching Jane play Julie Halard in the 1st round of the Aust Open and Julie was overpowering her to the point it was ridiculous. At one point Julie hit a forehand so hard that when Jane went to hit it back the force from the ball actually knocked the racquet backwards out of Janes hand! Anyhow El's saw this and burst out laughing with Julie's coach Arnaud Decugis. Jane just glared at Els, but that didn't stop Els from joking about how pathetic some of the Aussie wildcards were etc.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #28
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Has Jelena Dokic been seen much in the past few weeks?
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #29
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
I remember reading an article about Di and she did mention lesbianism on the tour. Saying something like 'you either were or you weren't' and that she kept to herself. But in autobiography's from Martina and Chris no one ever dissed her. She was definitely an introvert which I feel hindered her career from getting a slam in that she could suffer from the dose of nerves. Her loss in the AO final to Kerry Reid was an example of that.

Wendy Turnbull dropped off the earth after being dumped as Fed Cup captain which coincided with her absence from channel 7 commentary. The best capatin we've had in terms of results. Was playing veterens slams for a while still. Not sure what has become of her recently.

I remember that match vs. Singer and Taylor. Jane's interview after the match was really sweet. She played pretty well against Novotna too. God I think i still have the match on VHS! I saw Jane the next year play Silke Mieier in the 1st rnd and lose a titanic 1st set t/b 12-10, grab the 2nd and lose the 3rd - she seemed to have a great nature on court. She was very consistent off the ground and if not for injuries may have made the top 100.

And yes her and Trudi seemed to be mates. She was cheering her on in a quallie match Trudi played one year against Petra Mandula. Oh well its interesting to hear about people's other side.

Seany you really love Michelle Jaggard-Lai. She seemed sweet, but I found her game very frustrating to watch. That double handed slice... ugh!

No ones mentioned Anne Minter who was a stalwart for many years. A highest rank of 23 and wins over Evert, Shriver, Garrison, Sukova, Graf (ok Steffi was only 16 but was in the top 20). had a baby, then had a brief return to the tour. Realised she wasn't going to get to where she used to be and then retired. She did some commentary after she quit for ABC as well but I don't think has ever put herself up for coaching duties or anything. Anne was studying law by correspondence during her playing days too.

I know her sister Liz was pursuing a career in journalism when she quit.

Last edited by louloubelle : Jul 19th, 2007 at 07:39 AM.
louloubelle is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #30
country flag scottsue

I agree with you louloebelle and seany q re Dianne Fromholtz. She was very introverted and was a very sensitive person who did not respond well to any from of criticism or complaint. I was such a huge fan... I used to know all her scores off by heart. I saw her once and I was overcome by nerves and I could not speak. I laugh now as I recently chatted with Queen Elizabeth 11 in Singapore at a work function and I was not nervous at all. Dianne 0- Elizabeth 1!

Di was definitely homophobic and was often quoted re lesbiansism on tour. She hated Wendy Turnbull! She was a great escape for me though coping with a very troubled adolescence as I could just absorb myself in her scores and schedule for hours. I wonder if these people realise what a profound effect they have on some people's lives?