Marion in Paris - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM   #1
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Marion in Paris

Marion is playing Open GDF this week and she has as expectations to find her level & gain confidence thanks to the crowd's support. She has been given a very clement draw to lead her at least to the SF :

BYE vs 3 - BARTOLI, Marion (FRA)
WC - PIN, Camille (FRA) vs CIBULKOVA, Dominika (SVK)
CORNET, Alize (FRA) vs
QUALIFIER
RAZZANO, Virginie (FRA) vs
8 - BONDARENKO, Alona (UKR)

Honestly, if she doesn't do well here, I don't know what could help her to get back into form. There are possible matches between French girls, not easy considering that the crowd will be neutral but Marion has the advantage. Indoors & fast surface are on her side ... so I would be disappointed with anything but a SF. Then there could be a possible meeting witbh Chakvetadze, Azarenka or Mauresmo who are not in their best form (except Vika maybe).
Why not a first big title after all?

Cmon Marion, forget this AO setback & think positively! Allez.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #2
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of
Re: Marion in Paris

yes that's right no points lost anyway
the draw has been very kind indeed so this is a good chance to get into the groove.
Let the crowd cheer you on and find your game again.

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #3
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Ooh, yes I hope she can be more consistent and put together a string of good form. Good luck tomorrow Marion.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #4

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Central (from 12.00hrs)
1. Chakvetadze vs. Dechy
2. Srebotnik vs. Hantuchova

3. Bartoli vs. Cibulkova

4. Cornet vs. Razzano
5. Daniilidou vs. Mauresmo (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Likhovtseva/Voskoboeva vs. Bondarenko/Bondarenko

ALLEEEZ Marion!! Good luck tommorrow and let's get a good start to this tournament

True follower of

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #5
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion won 75 61 against Cibulkova in 1h45. Another tough victory but at least she went through! She will have another chance to find her game & secure some precious points. She really needs confidence to produce her best tennis on the court, for example in the first set, she never tried a shot down the line whereas she obviously knows how to do.
She relied only on her first serve & return to get this first set. Cibulkova gave her lots of free points too due to her inexperience. The second set was much better, Marion showed signs of good form with a gameplan that looked more like her.

Still a difficult match for her, but we all know that she is not very confident. It will help her on the other side . The very positive thing is that her first serve is excellent . 7 aces ... but please Marion get a real second serve, not a second first serve ^^.

Allez !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #6

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
... but please Marion get a real second serve, not a second first serve ^^.
Marion Sampras?

Good win though, even if it was tough in the first set. I wonder what the crowd atmosphere is going to be like against Razzano?
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #7
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOODNESS...it takes ALL of my willpower to keep from geting mesmerized by Marion's smile.If she were 3 or more inches taller,then I might be defenseless against her.

We have all seen the disappointing performances where Marion has a nice lead in the second set,on the verge of closing out the match,and then loses.Today she blew an advantage vs. a hearty,difficult opponent--BUT SHE DIDN'T LOSE!!Do we dare to hope that Marion has learned to bounce back this quickly from letdowns...ohh,let it be so.

NOW it's time for her to lace up the steel-tipped boots and drive some hard kicks into Mauresmo's ass!!She can use regular footwear if she plays Chaky,though,since Anna's a litle light in the backside.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #8
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Congrats Marion, this is an important win because the way Virginie was playing worried me so much.
Apparently Marion played extremely well hitting many winners, it's great for her confidence!

First top 30 win of the season & SF having the crowd against her! Allez

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #9

Good job Marion! I was a bit worried too with people saying Razzano was playing really well.

Does anyone know what the crowd was like? I hope they weren't openly hostile to Marion. We didn't get it on TV in the UK.
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #10
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
Good job Marion! I was a bit worried too with people saying Razzano was playing really well.

Does anyone know what the crowd was like? I hope they weren't openly hostile to Marion. We didn't get it on TV in the UK.
Do you receive French channels (france television) in UK ? It is like BBC and it is free of charge ?
I don't know yet, but check on "France4" internet site tomorrow. Marion's match vs Chaky will be broadcasted both on FRANCE4 and eurosport france from 4 pm.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 01:16 AM   #11
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

allez marion
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #12
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well a SF is still a great showing! First good tournament of the year and I hope she keeps it up. She has from now until May to basically do what she wants (no points to defend), so I hope she can get a new career high ranking soon. Marion
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #13

Oh, I hope Marion's injury wasn't too bad. I suppose it was a good tournament for her, but it would have been nice to see her in the final...

@ Lighter, I don't get any French channels on my TV. I don't know about anyone else. They showed the semis on British Eurosport though. Thanks.
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #14
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

good showing by Marion, I'm happy with how she went in this tournament, even if she didn't make the final, she was still the last frenchwoman in the draw
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #15

Good performance by Marion. too bad she had to lose cuz of injury. I hope it heals quickly. This tournament should give her back her confidence and self belief in her game. Get well soon and keep playing like this Marion!!

True follower of