Let's celebrate... and choose a name! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #46
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Let's celebrate... and choose a name!

I think we will need a poll on the forum name. I'd still go for Marion Revolution
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 09:33 AM   #47
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
We could still call ourselves the Marion Musketeers and have the forum as Marion Revolution?!
Good idea .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #48
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theballwasgood View Post
I've got a name I'd like to propose - "SuperMarionation". FYI, there was a TV show in the 60s/70s by the name of "Thunderbirds" that used a process called "supermarionation". All the cast were marionettes. Today, it is a very underappreciated show, but it is always very cool - a "cult show", if you like.

Every week, the members of International Rescue would find themselves having to rescue someone in an exotic place (didn't have to be Earth). The Tracy family were all named after astronauts - Virgil, Scott, John, Gordon, and Alan. There were a number of main support characters, including Lady Penelope:
"a female James Bond, her family motto being "Elegance, Charm and Deadly Danger". " (sums up our Mme Bartoli, don't you think???)

Information and quote courtesy of:
http://www.fab1.co.nz/characters/characters.htm

Failing that, Bartoli ... Marion Bartoli
Supermarionation

The Marionettes is cool.. In a camp sorta way It sounds like a 60's girlgroup ala The Ronettes, The Marvelettes, The Velvelettes, maybe we could sing Nowhere to Run nowhere to hide, to her opponents next time she's on court.... Met her on a tennis court on Saturday night, they do run run, they do run run...

gettin surreal

Anyways, forum name...

What about from Robin Hood, Maid Marion.

or Maid Marion's Muskateers

Also...

We could have an annual Marion Pride day!! Celebrate Marion and her achievements, eat candy! And it be a reminder to the tennis bullies never to poke fun at her ever again, or any other player in that way.

Maybe on the anniversary of the victory over Henin or Wimbledon finals day!

Last edited by Super_Marion : Jul 10th, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #49
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Supermarionation

The Marionettes is cool.. In a camp sorta way It sounds like a 60's girlgroup ala The Ronettes, The Marvelettes, The Velvelettes, maybe we could sing Nowhere to Run nowhere to hide, to her opponents next time she's on court.... Met her on a tennis court on Saturday night, they do run run, they do run run...

gettin surreal

Anyways, forum name...

What about from Robin Hood, Maid Marion.

or Maid Marion's Muskateers

Also...

We could have a Marion Pride day!! Celebrate Marion and her achievements, eat candy! And laugh at those who made fun of her!

Ha ha good one!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #50
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Good idea .
yeah I think that's our best bet.

forum name: The Marion Revolution
fan name: The Marion Musketeers /Marionettes
slogan: Bartoli....Marion Bartoli (ŕ la James Bond)

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #51
country flag Kielian

Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all Kielian is a name known to all

Quote:

really perfect
Kielian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #52
country flag gentle

gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold gentle is a splendid one to behold

Marion and fans so deserve this forum.. congratulations! Heres to the next French number one! IN TIME you understand!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #53
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's really what I prefer, by far. Excellent !!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #54
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on getting a forum! Marion deserves it.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #55
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Thank you , it was about time indeed !! Apparently, reaching the top 20 was not enough, she had to be a Grand Slam finalist to have a forum while Pavlyuchenkova had already hers.
Anyway, it doesn't matter now.

Maciek, I am sure you want to be a Marionette now !

Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #56

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
That was from before the final though, when there was alot of hating in GM. I think most of them realised how stupid it all was after they saw Marion in the final and her interviews/personality etc
In other words the "no one likes her" part probably isn't true anymore (I hope).
How could anyone not like her!? These cruel bullies.

I liked her before ever seeing her interviews on youtube or hearing her voice. If that's possible!

Popularity is such a fickle thing. You have to go with your heart, not the tide. Regardless whether famous or not, successful or not. And stay the course.

Last edited by Super_Marion : Jul 11th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #57

I'm not sure about Marion Revolution. It's a bit 1789 machismo. But I guess there must be a reason, meaning, why you chose Marion Revolution a few years ago?

Still, it is a proud title. And we are all very proud of her.
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #58
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

The Marion Revolution just sounds so cool!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #59

ok
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #60
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

How can anyone not like her she is such a lovely person and a great tennis player!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote