Who will win the US Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #1
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute
Who will win the US Open?

No Kim. Who is the closest to her, Jankovic?
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will win the US Open?

Some people will be healthy, some not. Since we don't know which is which, it's hard to make a pick. Objectively, you have to make Serena the favorite. But right now, there are eight or nine players with a chance.

Serena
Venus
Henin
Mauresmo
Sharapova
Kuznetsova
Jankovic
Ivanovic
Vaidisova

That list includes FIVE past champions.

We really gotta wait for the US Open series to be completed. I doubt all nine of those players are even going to be at Flushing Meadow.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

i really hope its JJ.........
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #4
country flag paranr

paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light paranr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Some people will be healthy, some not. Since we don't know which is which, it's hard to make a pick. Objectively, you have to make Serena the favorite. But right now, there are eight or nine players with a chance.

Serena
Venus
Henin
Mauresmo
Sharapova
Kuznetsova
Jankovic
Ivanovic
Vaidisova

That list includes FIVE past champions.

We really gotta wait for the US Open series to be completed. I doubt all nine of those players are even going to be at Flushing Meadow.
If Bartoli can lose about 10 pounds in 2 months and work extremely hard on her fitness, than you can add her to the list as well.
paranr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #5
country flag woosey

woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute

i'm hoping a health serena. if not her, then venus of course. maybe bartoli will step it up. hope so.
woosey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #6
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Venus Williams. She is going to do the Wimby-US Open repeat for the 3rd time in her career(2000,2001 previously)
pwayne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #7
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

tHERE ALREADY IS ONE OF THESE THREADS ELSEWHERE.
I think with her serve and her athleticism, her power, her court mobility, I just think when she’s on, she’s the greatest player we’ve ever seen, ever. Now, whether her record is the greatest remains to be seen because she hasn’t retired yet. But I think she is really the greatest player. I have seen Martina and Steffi at their best. There are little chinks in those players’ armor, but it was a different era, where you didn’t need to be the perfect player.
Chris Evert
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #8
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW--Serenafan View Post
tHERE ALREADY IS ONE OF THESE THREADS ELSEWHERE.
oh well
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #9
country flag Tennisstar86

Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisstar86 has a reputation beyond repute

Too early to tell. its not like with the french where anyone with a brain could see Venus was going to win..... Mid august the favs should begin to present themselves....
Tennisstar86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #10
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

please let it be amelie
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #11
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully:

Sharapova
Jankovic
Mauresmo
Bartoli
Ivanovic
Golovin

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #12
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

USerena?? Open?
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #13
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergrunt View Post
oh well
Just because you want to hear Serena's name as much as you can.

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #14
country flag wetfre

wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice wetfre is just really nice

ill say Serena because shes on a winning streak on hardcourt.
wetfre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #15
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfre View Post
ill say Serena because shes on a winning streak on hardcourt.

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote