Henin's return of serve - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #1
country flag doddel

doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough
Henin's return of serve

given she makes it to the final, she will have to come up with substantially bigger returns if she is to trouble Venus Williams

she is just bringing the ball into play, nothing more, even on a weak serve like Bartoli's
doddel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #2
country flag cartmancop

cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future
Re: Henin's return of serve

I agree that she'll need to gamble a bit more to avoid letting Venus get on top of the point right away.
cartmancop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #3
country flag KBdoubleu

KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute

She also needs to have a high first serve percentage or Venus will feast on her second serves. It should be an interesting final if Henin gets past Bartoli.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #4
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she can return big serves well... we all know that.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #5
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Justine is the second best returner in the game after Serena. I'd be willing to bet the house she'll get to match point against Venus. I'm less than 50% sure she'll be able to win that match point. Technically, Justine is the best player in the world by a long way. Mentally, she's still somewhat of a choker. She's a fighter as well, but she can choke.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #6
country flag doddel

doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough doddel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Justine is the second best returner in the game after Serena. I'd be willing to bet the house she'll get to match point against Venus. I'm less than 50% sure she'll be able to win that match point. Technically, Justine is the best player in the world by a long way. Mentally, she's still somewhat of a choker. She's a fighter as well, but she can choke.
she's not in the final yet

and she gets a lot of serves back, but by just blocking them. Even if it's a 100mph serve
doddel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #7
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

She can return Serena's serves (and everybody else's) so I think she'll be able to against Venus as well.
Bruno71 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #8
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Well to be honest, Justine is playing Marion and thus is probably just implementing her tactics against Marion. I'm sure it'll be different against Venus.
VishaalMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote