FedCup. - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #1336
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FedCup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Maybe someone tells me I'm retarded, but I have a strong feeling they will turn the tables tomorrow and win it 3-2. I feel like it will be much different tomorrow, but that's just my sense, it looks so far away now. It does look unbelievable to come back.
Even if they tied 2-2 in singles, chances for our doubles to beat super-power Czech team with currently #3 and #4 WTA ranked player in doubles Hlavackova and Hradecka (in last 5 months they together played finals of Wimbledon, Olympics, US Open and YEC!) is less than 1%. We have some unexpected doubles wins in past (based on rankings) against BEL, SVK and CAN, but only one of these 6 opponents players ever reach TOP30 in doubles. This tie is over yesterday.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #1337
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen Ana act worse on court, tbh. It was the first time I did not watch one of her matches until the end, I had to turn it off because she was really getting on my nerves.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #1338
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
I've never seen Ana act worse on court, tbh. It was the first time I did not watch one of her matches until the end, I had to turn it off because she was really getting on my nerves.
Ana was a complete nervous wreck. Seriously off balance mentally.

To think once upon a time Ana was a big match player.. Now she can't handle any resemblance of pressure.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #1339
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

What did just happen? Ana won an important match against a top 10 player on her turf? In Fed Cup?
The Mayas were right.
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #1340
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe she beat petra! !
If only she had played like that against Lucie and Serbia might stand a chance
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #1341
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best matches Ana played all year.. it was a very high quality first set.. dropped a bit in the second due to Petra having trouble breathing.. but it was a quality match overall in which Ana was the best player.

I can only think that Ana should see what she can do when she is not a nervous wreck... play this well. Such a contrast with yesterday's nervous meltdown craptastic performance. Pity she couldn't play like this against Lucie, would've been a very different FC final.

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #1342
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG GUISE I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!

I am so proud of her. Like I just can't even describe it. It just feels like her biggest win in years! To pull out a win like that against an opponent like Petra in her own backyard during the Fed Cup final. Like it just feels amazing. So proud of her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes. Don't care if Petra was sick. I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #1343
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry30 View Post
OMG GUISE I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!

I am so proud of her. Like I just can't even describe it. It just feels like her biggest win in years! To pull out a win like that against an opponent like Petra in her own backyard during the Fed Cup final. Like it just feels amazing. So proud of her, even though she drives me nuts sometimes. Don't care if Petra was sick. I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Hey Harry! My feelings exactly! Ajde!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1344
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry30 View Post
I've just seen Ana blow so many matches like this, and she nearly did today, so to see her win like this is just amazing. So chuffed right now. And also glad she's been able to get a point for Serbia. IDEMO!!
Yes, because we know her so well, I think we can safely say that if Ana had lost the 3rd MP, it would have been quite likely that Petra would have held and then Ana could easily lose the tiebreak. She would have been in massive trouble.

If she had lost this match I can only imagine the mental scars it would have left. Losing from a set and 5-2 up? Having 3 MPs in a row? Feeling like she lost the fed cup for her country? She dodged some bullets today, like Neo in the matrix. I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to recover if she didn't. I'm glad she managed to avoid that scenario.

Overall it's a great confidence builder for Ana. It will give her a positive mood going into the offseason, and we all know how important mental outlook is for Ana.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #1345
country flag Iva87

Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold

This was Kvitova's first singles loss on Fed Cup since April 2010
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #1346
country flag gaviotabr

Ana's serve today.. almot 70% in.. what a difference does that make? Also 4 aces to only 1 DF. Ana had 8 DFs yesterday.

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #1347
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Yes, because we know her so well, I think we can safely say that if Ana had lost the 3rd MP, it would have been quite likely that Petra would have held and then Ana could easily lose the tiebreak. She would have been in massive trouble.

If she had lost this match I can only imagine the mental scars it would have left. Losing from a set and 5-2 up? Having 3 MPs in a row? Feeling like she lost the fed cup for her country? She dodged some bullets today, like Neo in the matrix. I'm not sure how long it would have taken her to recover if she didn't. I'm glad she managed to avoid that scenario.

Overall it's a great confidence builder for Ana. It will give her a positive mood going into the offseason, and we all know how important mental outlook is for Ana.
I agree. I think that her performance against Sam was very important too, now she knows she can be absolutely competitive against #6 - #10, win sets, matches, that's the first step to reentering the top 10.

Sadly, JJ is done. This looks very bad. Meh... Why can't Lucie play like this against someone else but my faves? I might become a fan again.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #1348
country flag gaviotabr

Oh JJ..

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1349
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe I root for JJ, and I can't believe she'll let Ana outperform her in Fed Cup!
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1350
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I agree. I think that her performance against Sam was very important too, now she knows she can be absolutely competitive against #6 - #10, win sets, matches, that's the first step to reentering the top 10.

Sadly, JJ is done. This looks very bad. Meh... Why can't Lucie play like this against someone else but my faves? I might become a fan again.
Agreed guys. Losing this match after playing so well and leading a set and 5-2 was just not an option.. would leave scars.. but winning it as she did could be a boost, even if Serbia doesn't win the tie. Ana played some very high quality tennis today.. she has to know she has it in her. Hopefully she finally has a strong off season.