Serena could have won in two sets - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #1
country flag Nobody's Perfecc

Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice Nobody's Perfecc is just really nice
Serena could have won in two sets

If she had won the first set, Serena would have won in two. At 4-4 she hit a few UE that gave the game to Justine. I don't get it because she was playing pretty good up until that game, and Justine being the great champion she is took advantage and closed out the set. I know Serena is hampered by her leg, but she was moving well in the beginning of the first set. If she had just taken the first set, she would've closed the match out in two.

Justine is so smart because she stands far back when returning and just returns the ball back in play. Serena however, one of her faults is that her returns are either a winner or an error. There's no middle ground sometimes.
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #2
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena could have won in two sets

if..if..
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #3
country flag Orion

Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute Orion has a reputation beyond repute

And if Federer had won the French, he would have won the French!

And if Henin had been hit by a mac truck on her way to the match, Serena would have won!

There's no way to know that, had Henin lost the first set, she would have suffered the same letdown in the second. And I prefer Serena by a mile.
Orion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #4
country flag Bart

Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute Bart has a reputation beyond repute

If my mother was a cow, then I could milk her.

Too bad she isn't.
Bart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #5
country flag jujufreak

jujufreak has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

Too bad she isn't.
then you wouldn't be able to type this message
jujufreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #6
country flag Poova

Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute Poova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody's Perfecc View Post
If she had won the first set, Serena would have won in two.
OMGZ NO WAY!!!!!1111
Poova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #7
JustineTime

JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot the "shoulda" and "woulda".

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. Ps. 36:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Ps. 14:1, 53:1

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Prov. 1:7

...Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. Job 28:28
JustineTime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #8
JustineTime

JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute JustineTime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If she had just taken the first set, she would've closed the match out in two.
My mistake: Just the "shoulda" .

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. Ps. 36:1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Ps. 14:1, 53:1

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Prov. 1:7

...Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. Job 28:28
JustineTime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #9
country flag tobe

tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold

so many intelligent threads in one day!!! Unbelievable
tobe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #10
country flag K-Dog

K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute K-Dog has a reputation beyond repute

her left hand wouldn't have been fucked up and not allowing her to hit normal backhands.
K-Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #11
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute

*dead*

Of all the sour grapes/troll threads, this one tops them all! (the one where Justine's allezs were counted is a close second)
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #12
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is getting boring now people...........

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #13
country flag Jirku

Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all Jirku is a name known to all

Quote:
If she had won the first set, Serena would have won in two. At 4-4 she hit a few UE that gave the game to Justine. I don't get it because she was playing pretty good up until that game, and Justine being the great champion she is took advantage and closed out the set. I know Serena is hampered by her leg, but she was moving well in the beginning of the first set. If she had just taken the first set, she would've closed the match out in two.

Justine is so smart because she stands far back when returning and just returns the ball back in play. Serena however, one of her faults is that her returns are either a winner or an error. There's no middle ground sometimes.
if if if, she just isn't good enough compared to henin
Jirku is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #14
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Too bad she isn't.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #15
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future

Yeah, she could have, but she didn't.

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote