Wow! Even beating injured Serena is a great feat - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #1
country flag dreamgoddess099

dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Even beating injured Serena is a great feat

You people time and time again prove just how great a force and champion Serena Williams is. BEATING HER GETS A PLAYER MORE ATTENTION AND PRESS THAN BEATING ANYBODY ELSE. Are people really that impressed by someone being able to beat her, even when she's so injured she has to resort to just slicing her backhand? A win against any other player that injured would not have garnered this much celebration and feeling of accomplishment. The reactions to anybody beating her under any circumstances just proves that people really feel she is the greatest player of her generation. No other player on tour is held in the same regards as her and that says it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #2
country flag diekedelver

diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of diekedelver has much to be proud of
Re: Wow! Even beating injured Serena is a great feat

Just SOUR GRAPES !

Get over it already and try to enjoy your 4th of July

PAW US OPEN 2005 CHAMP
diekedelver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #3
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life.

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #4
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

You are in idiot, if you don't see how beating Serena off clay would be a huge deal for Justine, injured or not. Hell, Justine not beating Serena off-clay has been made so IMPORTANT by certain retards, and now you tell us it doesn't matter?

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman

Last edited by cellophane : Jul 4th, 2007 at 07:03 PM.
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Getting to 6 straight slam finals is a great feat, and Justine is one win away.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #6
country flag Shane54

Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold Shane54 is a splendid one to behold

Actually it is, history will tell you that sometimes its harder playing someone who is injured. Your game drops to their level because you don't want to over do it and start guiding your shots. Just look at Hantuchova, once Serena got injured, Dani couldn't keep a ball in the court. The Williams fans will always have an excuse for every loss. When Serena got injured, I was like NO! This is not happening! A built in excuse when Justine wins. Even if Serena had not gotten injured, Willy fans still would have that mysterious "hamstring" injury WINK wink to "fall back on".
Shane54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #7
country flag Astro Jetson

Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light Astro Jetson is a glorious beacon of light

Blanche (to Rose): "What? Are you what is left out of your mind!!!??

"Let's follow the cops back home" (Placebo)
Astro Jetson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #8
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgoddess099 View Post
You people time and time again prove just how great a force and champion Serena Williams is. BEATING HER GETS A PLAYER MORE ATTENTION AND PRESS THAN BEATING ANYBODY ELSE. Are people really that impressed by someone being able to beat her, even when she's so injured she has to resort to just slicing her backhand? A win against any other player that injured would not have garnered this much celebration and feeling of accomplishment. The reactions to anybody beating her under any circumstances just proves that people really feel she is the greatest player of her generation. No other player on tour is held in the same regards as her and that says it all.
There is really no need to point this out to Justine fans. Serena was greatly disadvantaged and Justine was able to capitalize. You know it, I know it, the wtaworld knows it, and the whole tennis establishment knows it. Serena will come back stronger after she heals.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #9
country flag StarDuvallGrant
Golden State Of Mind

StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute StarDuvallGrant has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I don't respect about the reactions is that it is highly hypocritical. These are the same Justine fans who shouted that Serena only beat Justine at Miami because Justine choked. But how dare Serena fans mention that Serena was injured. I guess it's fine that they need to disregard the injuries but again it's a hypocrites line because I remember all the choking references they used to explain Miami's loss. It's why I'm not torn over this loss because it's not due to Justine being a better player - she isn't; she was just the healthier player today.

StarDuvallGrant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #10
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane54 View Post
Actually it is, history will tell you that sometimes its harder playing someone who is injured. Your game drops to their level because you don't want to over do it and start guiding your shots. Just look at Hantuchova, once Serena got injured, Dani couldn't keep a ball in the court. The Williams fans will always have an excuse for every loss. When Serena got injured, I was like NO! This is not happening! A built in excuse when Justine wins. Even if Serena had not gotten injured, Willy fans still would have that mysterious "hamstring" injury WINK wink to "fall back on".
The operative word being sometimes. Nobody will admit it, but deep down everybody would prefer playing an injured Serena than a Serena who is 100%.

But that still does not remove the fact that whenever anyone beats a Williams, even if that Williams sister is on crutches, it's considered a great achievement. People even make a big deal of it when the best player in the world who is also number one beats one of them.

And that says more about the stature of V/S than anything else could possibly say.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #11
country flag dreamgoddess099

dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute dreamgoddess099 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it just reflects how inferior Justine and her fans feel against Serena and her fans. That you guys are that desperate for a win against Serena off clay, you'll even treat a match where Serena was barely 50% as the greatest win of Justine career is quite sad. Serena fans obviously have much much much higher standards. To us beating any player with that many injuries would be nothing special.
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #12
country flag monicain

monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice

Wow! Even having a lot of media is a great feat for Williams fans now!

Too many sore losers around here...
monicain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #13
country flag monicain

monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice

Wow! Even having a lot of media is a great feat for Williams fans now!

Too many sore losers around here...
monicain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:08 PM   #14
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

get over it for god's sake
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgoddess099 View Post
I think it just reflects how inferior Justine and her fans feel against Serena and her fans. That you guys are that desperate for a win against Serena off clay, you'll even treat a match where Serena was barely 50% as the greatest win of Justine career is quite sad. Serena fans obviously have much much much higher standards. To us beating any player with that many injuries would be nothing special.
Who is treating this as the greatest win of Justine's career?

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote