With hindsight Serena's losses against Justine tells a lot about the Ausopen level - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #1
gopher

gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice
Talking With hindsight Serena's losses against Justine tells a lot about the Ausopen level

...this year. If you see that Sharapova made it to the final there and that Kim Kleuters (=Dutch for toddlers ) made it to the semis there, it must have been really awful.
Serena who came directly from the Florida beaches probably did 5 sit-ups in preparation and won the whole thing easily to her own surprise.
The same Serena got spanked twice by Justine, one time on her favorite surface...

Tells it all of the current level of the WTA stars. all respect to Justine and in this tournament to Venus.
gopher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #2
gopher

gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice
Re: With hindsight Serena's losses against Justine tells a lot about the Ausopen leve

bump
gopher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #3
country flag monicain

monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice monicain is just really nice
Re: With hindsight Serena's losses against Justine tells a lot about the Ausopen leve

Serena won Oz because of one obvious reason: Justine wasn't there!
monicain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:01 PM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

That broke Justine's streak. Last year, all 4 slam finals and winning the YEC.
Justine might have had a 2 year run of every major final, but her private life got complicated.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #5
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicain View Post
well maybe next time she'll show up so Serena never wins another tourney again every time Justine wants she'll just enter any tourney Serena does so Serena never wins another title again in her whole career all because of Justine and maybe thats why she won all 20+ of her other titles cuz Justine wasnt there and oh yeah why she won Miami this year...........

oh my bad JUSTINE LOST TO SERENA THERE!
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #6
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Quote:
yeah, yeah yeah!
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #7
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then i guess I can say that Justine beat Serena for one obvious reason today? Serena wasn't 100%. Bottom line is that Justine wasn't there. Bottom line is that Serena lost today. PERIOD!!

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #8
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

yeh she must be pissed that she couldnt compete this year!!! she would have really been a favourite for the calendar slam...

cant look back though because if justine was playing sharapova wouldnt have been the number 1 seed, serena might not have been in the same section of the draw, she might have had to play justine in the first round or something, so you just dont know what would have happened had justine played the aussie open...
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #9
country flag roelc

roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future roelc has a brilliant future

it was 5 months ago

how do you explain justine losing to serena in miami?
that must have been a lousy tournament too then :uhoh:
roelc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #10
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

of course we all know that if justine had been there serena would have been toast
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #11
country flag trufanjay

trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of

Serena would have beaten any active player in that AO final. You guys are absolutely ridiculous

It's great to be a fan of the two most talented women in tennis.

Only IDIOTS count out the Williams sisters!!!
Serena: 13 Slams, ranked: #1
Venus: 7 Slams, ranked: #2
trufanjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #12
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and if Serena has played the US Open 2003, Justine would have been toast.

:whogivesafuck:

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #13
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, if your grandmother had wheels, she be a trolley car.

Get the logic?

But, let's look at this foolish notion for a second, to wit'...,

The first time Justine and Serena played this year SERENA won! Perhaps we could conclude that would be the result at AO as well.

As I recall, Juju didn't win her first tournament back. Since AO would have been her first tournament back, perhaps we could conclude the SAME result.

All things being equall, it's probably best to simply let the past stand on its on merits.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #14
country flag -VSR-

-VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute -VSR- has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who 'bumps' their own thread is a douchebag.
-VSR- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #15
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufanjay View Post
Serena would have beaten any active player in that AO final. You guys are absolutely ridiculous
thats so true.. she was unstopable! justine, kim, even venus wouldnt have had a chance! but if justine would have played the whole event would have been different, its not like if a 8th or 9th seed doesnt turn up nothing in the draw really changes but the number 1 seed not playing would have really changed the draw, IMO...
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote